ZC

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

Part 5 - Well, may as well do some underwater exploration.  Some more goods to pick up.  Luckily I don't have to grind that much for money, somehow able to squish most of my expenses in early on

• Eddy and Aevin like this

#17 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

Part 6 - Finally time to attack our first level.  Not too big a deal given the upgrades we have now

#18 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

Nice episode! It's cool to see someone come back with the flippers to take that little shortcut. You're kind of shredding the game with your nice equipment. :)

And what the heck was with that peahat? I've never seen that happen before ...

#19 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

Nice episode! It's cool to see someone come back with the flippers to take that little shortcut. You're kind of shredding the game with your nice equipment. :)

And what the heck was with that peahat? I've never seen that happen before ...

Yeah, sequence breaking can allow for some weird things to try.

And yeah, pretty good guess that you had at the start. Guessed my route pretty well. And with Nayru's Love, I could have tried, but given how much magic it takes up, wouldn't be able to use it

#20 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:38 PM

Part 7 - Time to tackle level 2 for real this time.  Picking up one rather hidden upgrade that you´ll probably never see me use in this LP.

Part 8 - Stepping into level 3 now.  Not too hard with the amount of goods we have on hand.

Part 9 - Level 4 is kind of tricky with having to go above and under water.  At least no having to raise/lower water levels.  Boss can be a bit tricky to handle given your current equipment.

Edited by pixcalibur, 10 May 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#21 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Part 10 - Now going through level 6 for real.  The main gimmick here is to realize the rooms with lots of blocks hide secret passages.  After taking out this level, we can then get a handy upgrade.

Part 11 - Level 5 is actually pretty well made to reflect the original LttP dungeon.  Fairly simple dungeon.  Just don't rely on the hammer too much...

#22 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

I don't know what I was thinking with the power on that cane. You're thrashing everything with it. XD

#23 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

I don't know what I was thinking with the power on that cane. You're thrashing everything with it. XD

Lol, not complaining here. Even if it was magic sword strength, still would be very handy. Nice to not have to fully rely on the sword for everything

Cane being this strong really does help at the very end where everything gets beefed up a lot to the point that sword isn't that good

Edited by pixcalibur, 16 May 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#24 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

Part 12 - Heading off into the desert area, which does take a bit of time to get clues and a nice item.  May as well step into level 7 at least to get the item of interest

Part 13 - Nice rendition design for level 8.  Given the design, will need to do this in pieces.  Slingshot actually gets some use for once before it becomes totally obsolete

#25 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

There's several design choices I regret in part 13. I really overdid it with the door repairs. After waiting that long for the gust jar, I really wanted players to feel rewarded and be able to get any last items they were missing. All the door repairs in the game can make an atmosphere where players are afraid to explore, and I charged way too much money for them. (Should have at least consulted the original Zelda to keep the amounts more reasonable.)

The bomb wall leading to level 8 breaks my own logic, based on Zelda 1. As you pointed out, screens with caves aren't supposed to have secrets, so players wouldn't usually think to look there.

Finally, that staircase in level 8. I added it to provide a convenient shortcut to and from the start after getting the arrows, but many players discover it from the other end and get dumped back to the start, which is something I really didn't intend. Oops!

I'm still really enjoying your play through, and looking forward to seeing you finishing the rest. :)

• KingPridenia likes this

#26 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

There's several design choices I regret in part 13. I really overdid it with the door repairs. After waiting that long for the gust jar, I really wanted players to feel rewarded and be able to get any last items they were missing. All the door repairs in the game can make an atmosphere where players are afraid to explore, and I charged way too much money for them. (Should have at least consulted the original Zelda to keep the amounts more reasonable.)

The bomb wall leading to level 8 breaks my own logic, based on Zelda 1. As you pointed out, screens with caves aren't supposed to have secrets, so players wouldn't usually think to look there.

Finally, that staircase in level 8. I added it to provide a convenient shortcut to and from the start after getting the arrows, but many players discover it from the other end and get dumped back to the start, which is something I really didn't intend. Oops!

I'm still really enjoying your play through, and looking forward to seeing you finishing the rest. :)

Yeah, the door repair charges were pretty steep.  Waiting all that time just to get that as a surprise doesn't help much.  Putting all free money secrets or even hiding a magic jar or something would make it worth exploring.

Maybe it's only 1 secret passage a screen.  So making that passage more obvious or putting a blockade that requires gust jar to get past could be tried

Yeah, I fell into that little trap on my first run.  Should put a light arrow trigger to those stairs, which would then make a true shortcut back and forth

#27 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

Part 14 - Nice way to set up the inverted side of this tower.  Runs pretty well to the original.  Getting most of that side done, with a small detour back to the normal side to get a nice item.  Kind of tight room to do that battle in, surprised I got a flawless in that cramped space.

Well, I guess that was the best that can be set up for the boss given no giant mask to work with

#28 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

Part 15 - Going back to clear out level 7, which isn't too tricky now.  Pretty much getting all the stuff we can before going into level 9

#29 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:35 PM

Part 16 - Not the biggest fan of level 9 given its confusing layout and somewhat unbalanced enemy layout.  Red mail is kind of hidden on top of it.  

So we bring along my own little map of the place for directions.  No shame in spamming Nayru's Love here.  Hey, I got the magic, may as well use it for something.

• Eddy likes this

#30 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

Part 17 - Finishing off the rest of the lab before fighting the big boss.  Too lazy, so just going to get the cheap win on him.  Then a short escape sequence before seeing the lab go up in smoke.

But we're not done yet.  Still have one more place to go into...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users