ZC

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

We start out on a nice quest by Aevin.  Nice series of shout outs to the various different Zelda games from the past.

Part 1 - Starting out with the usual bit of money grinding to buy some stuff.  Can take a bit of a tour of the overworld while we're at it.

• Eddy and Aevin like this

#2 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

Have fun with it Pix!  Maybe I'll watch later.  lol...  xD

#3 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

Have fun with it Pix!  Maybe I'll watch later.  lol...  xD

You should watch it for sure. It's a great quest, save for a few minor things that would just be nitpicking. It just goes to show you can make one of the highest rated quests with just 4-way movement and (almost) never getting slash.

Edited by RedmageAdam, 22 April 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#4 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:27 PM

You should watch it for sure. It's a great quest, save for a few minor things that would just be nitpicking. It just goes to show you can make one of the highest rated quests with just 4-way movement and (almost) never getting slash.

Yeah, nice to go back to some traditional game play.  Good thing I'm not totally reliant on slash and 8 way movement.  Also not too long of a quest to plow through either, but flexible enough to allow for either normal game play or jumping all over the place, which is what I do of course =P

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

Very nice choice of a Let's Play! Almost everything about this quest is just perfect, IMO, I just cannot stress this enough lol. I definitely would recommend this to everyone though. It's a must play in my eyes.

#6 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time. :)

I was confused when you got enough rupees but didn't buy the boomerang. And then I was like, "Wait, I see what you're doing here ..."  You seem to have a pretty methodical play style here, and I feel like I might have a guess how you end up tackling the levels. Not many people play them out of order, so I'm excited to see how it goes.  I'm really looking forward to the next part!

#7 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Lol, feel free to take a stab at where I go in the next few parts.  Hint:  I don't complete a level for quite a few parts

#8 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

Heh, this sounds like a fun challenge. If I assume your goal was to get the best stuff as soon as possible ...

Spoiler

It'll be interesting to see if I'm at all close. It sounds like your playthrough here was pretty different from how others have done it.

#9 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

I didn't see this LP coming. xD But yeah I'll watch it later. ;)

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 23 April 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#10 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

Part 2 - Not exactly going to go in order here.  Better to find the handy items first to allow for future exploration.  So we're going to be jumping around levels a bit early on.

#11 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

For whatever reason, my wife is obsessed with that potion shop secret in the village, but nobody ever finds it. She was so excited to see you find that one. :)

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

For whatever reason, my wife is obsessed with that potion shop secret in the village, but nobody ever finds it. She was so excited to see you find that one. :)

Well then, I actually had no idea that even existed until I saw this. Well hidden indeed :P

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:33 PM

Lol, and it's not even some sort of super secret shop with rare items or anything like that.  Just a regular potion shop that I can't even use yet.

Yeah, takes a while to find most of the stuff.  I tend to try to candle, bomb, whistle each screen trying to find something.  Of course having the lens makes things a bit easier

#14 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Part 3 - We're gonna go out of our way a bit to do some further exploration for more goods.  Kind of far to go just for a sword.

#15 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

Part 4 - Here, we continue our scouting into random levels to find useful items that will let us do more exploration later on.  Yep, still haven't cleared a level yet

• Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users