Photo

Screenshot of the Week 478

Shoelace Moosh Franky Mudkipz Demonlink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 478 (65 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:40 PM

Moosh

Moosh.png

Prepare your diddly-hole.

Franky

Franky.png

RIP Teilyr

Mudkipz

Mudkipz.png

As Link climbs the frozen peaks of the Dark World, he realizes he forgot his shield a few screens back.

Demonlink

Demonlink.png

Link: hi peahat. (Mountain base, located north of Twila Forest, thus explaining the Leaf Shades at the bottom). Vote Demonlink for president.

Shoelace

Shoelace.png

Sneak Peak for the Fall Expo

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

It was out of Mudkipz or Demonlink, but in the end, I voted for Demonlink, for slightly having a more appealing shot.

And Moosh whatever you're doing, please keep doing. My body is Reggie.

• Demonlink likes this

#3 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

Shoelace definitely gets my vote for this one. I love how it looks and....wait, Link's carrying a bomb?!

Edited by Twilight-Prince, 19 October 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#4 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

Excellent shots this week, guys! All of them have something quite appealing to them this time around, which is great!

Moosh: TREES. TREES. TREES. TREES. Seriously, I'm getting a tree dungeon vibe from this. If this is a tree dungeon, you've won me over when if comes to interest in your quest.

Franky: Excellent use of Teilyr's Chain of Destiny tileset. truth be told, I've always wanted to use this tileset. I totally should someday.

Mudkipz: THERE ARE PEAKS. AND THEY ARE FROZEN. Valid question, though, if the peaks are frozen, shouldn't the waterfall be frozen too? Nah, I'll just let that go. Anyways, nice palette choice and whatnot!

Demonlink: Another solid shot. Plenty of things look nice in it. I'm also left wondering if that Link sprite is custom or not.

Shoelace: Another solid shot. I do think there's a few little potential mishaps here and there. It took me a second glance to get what was going on, so that's a thing. A good question about that cloud at the bottom, don't you think it should be under the rocks like the other clouds? It looks a little weird floating there. I also think that brownish cloud thing seems a little strange to me. I get the impression that it's some kind of cloud mobile. It just looks kind of strange, imo. Nice touch with having Link carrying a bomb though.

Voted for Franky this week.

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

Why'd I have to enter the one week where Shoelace submitted? I can't win against Shoelace. Nobody wins against Shoelace unless their name is Shoelace.

Moosh: TREES. TREES. TREES. TREES. Seriously, I'm getting a tree dungeon vibe from this. If this is a tree dungeon, you've won me over when if comes to interest in your quest.

In this case I tried using it as an eldritch horror/tentacle dungeon, but the dungeon I had in mind when making the wall set is a tree dungeon. So yup.

• Twilight-Prince likes this

#6 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

Pretty awesome turnout this week! I voted for Demonlink this week! Here is an in-depth analysis of each of the screenshots:

Moosh-

• Interesting dungeon screen. The screen structure is very decent. However, aesthetically, the dungeon walls do look a bit odd to me and do confuse me quite a bit as well. Otherwise, decent screenshot.
  • 8.0/10 (Great)

Franky-

• This is a very well made screen. The screen design is top-notch and nothing looks out of place. I like the darkness atmosphere going on in the shot as well. Also, I like your variant usage of mountainsides.
  • 8.3/10 (Great)

Mudkipz-

• This is a very decent screen you've made. I like the various usage of the mountainsides and the falling snow is a nice touch. The waterfall (or what I assume to be a waterfall) looks more like a river with the perspective you've have, but that's not too much of a hinder.
  • 8.1/10 (Great)

Demonlink-

• My goodness. Another spectacular screen from Demonlink. Amazing palette, perfect screen design and structure; must I say more? Almost everything about this screen is perfect. Seriously. The only thing I found that bothers me is that that one Lynel below the "tornado" tree looks like it can't be there. Otherwise, amazing screen. Great job.
  • 9.3/10 (Amazing)

Shoelace-

• This is a decent screenshot. I do love the variety of foliage used throughout the entire screen. However, this screen, to me, has massive perspective issues. It took me awhile to understand what was going on. Looking at the left side of the screen, the island seems to be floating; however, when you look at the right side, the island doesn't seem to be floating at all and is instead connected to the water. I admire your effort in making this screen creative, but, for me, it doesn't work as well as you might think it does. Other than that, though, this is still a decent screen, and the bomb is a nice touch.
  • 7.0/10 (Good)

Great job to all the contestants! Looking forward to next week. :)

• Demonlink likes this

#7 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

I knew the risk with using an older tileset but didnt mind. Its an interesting process working with different tilesets.

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Demonlink wins by a longshot. I love the way the mountains look and it really gives off a nice vibe and atmosphere to the area.

Shoelace or Moosh would've came in second place for me.

• Demonlink likes this

#9 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

Moosh- Interesting screen! Nice sense of adventure. The wall tiles are a bit confusing, though. :P

Franky- I voted for this screen. It very simple, but there's something I just adore about this tileset. You gave it a nice sense of adventure while not making it too crowded. I'm in love. :)

Mudkipz- A great screen! Sadly, it's a bit basic to comment on. But basic isn't bad either. 

Demonlink- Way better than last week's screenshot. Plenty of room to walk, nice color choice, and it flows together nicely!

Shoelace- Okay, I'm just going to say something. I swear people only voted for this screen because it's Shoelace. Has anyone ever noticed this trend? It's not very fair to the other contestants. In my opinion, this is the weakest screenshot of the entire week. People seem to jump on the bandwagon, and it irks me to no end.

That aside, it looks interesting, but that's it. I can see perspective errors a bit as well. It reminds me of Skyward Sword. Good job.

Edited by Jared, 20 October 2014 - 01:45 PM.

• Eddy, Demonlink and alek like this

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Moosh - I forget what this is a reference to if anything (Jabu-Jabu?).  It's certainly something very different, and I think you pulled it off well.  They look like living floors and walls.

Franky - More Chain of Destiny love is good.  All in very good taste.

Mudkipz - Snow and waterfalls is probably a tough combination to pull off, considering liquid and solid water in the same screen, but I think this is done at least competently.  The snow on the ground looks rather green though.  Looks like a hybrid of seasons in a sense.

Demonlink - Good graphics along with good execution.  While certainly not an overworld hot spot, it does the job well for your everyday overworld screen.

Shoelace - Very nice graphics, and decent execution.  Some of the grass details feel a bit overdone.  Might need to simplify it a bit.  For a small ZC screen, it attempts to do a lot of things within it, which is harder to pull off.

All the screens have plenty of good qualities to them, but none are approaching perfection either.  It was hard for me to decide, so I ended up going with Moosh's screen for being the most unique.  Demonlink was a very close second for me.

Shoelace- Okay, I'm just going to say something. I swear people only voted for this screen because it's Shoelace. Has anyone ever noticed this trend? It's not very fair to the other contestants. In my opinion, this is the weakest screenshot of the entire week. People seem to jump on the bandwagon, and it irks me to no end.

That aside, it looks interesting, but that's it. I can see perspective errors a bit as well. It reminds me of Skyward Sword. Good job.

You may very well think that, and you may possibly be right, but there is no way to really know that for sure unless people actually admit that or make that very obvious by their comments.  And it could be potentially insulting to someone if such a claim is made when people might genuinely think it's the best of the screens.  Not that I am saying that you are trying to undermine peoples' opinions.  Just be careful about making such claims. :)

• Dawnlight and The Satellite like this

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

C'mon, Nathaniel, you should know as well as I do that snow doesn't mean that everything is frozen over. :P

While the green snow piles are a bit unusual, I think I'll cast my vote for Mudkipz.  The screen could use some touching up here and there, but I like the overall aesthetic, and it feels like something I would remember when playing a quest.  It feels very...dramatic, it makes the world seem expansive, without shoving it in my face.

• Nathaniel and Shane like this

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

C'mon, Nathaniel, you should know as well as I do that snow doesn't mean that everything is frozen over. :P

You have forgotten what Buffalo winters are like. :P

But hey, it's also fiction, right?

#13 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

This following comment is brought to you by phone. Spelling and grammar errors are advised.

I entered for the first time in 9 months because I didn't want people to be sick of me. Guess I was wrong. Lol. But fun fact I have the biggest losing streak in screenshot of the week. 21 straight loses. So saying that I always win. I think not. Lol. ;)

Anyways, I submitted this shot as a sneak peak of chapters of enova. It will be shown at the expo. This is the main town of the game. I think the perspective looks fine, once you know how the rest of it looks. Which again: expo. :) I am super excited to finally show off the game and I think you guys will love what you will see. Thanks. :)

The screenshots by the way are really good. I tribute to chain of destiny. But the one that grabbed me was moosh's. I want to know what is going on. Lol. It looks really unique. Demon link's is very solid as well.
  • Nathaniel, The Satellite, Avaro and 5 others like this

#14 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

I voted for Shoelace not because of the bandwagon effect, but the fact that he used a very unique engine that we hardly ever see and that he utilizes it very well. Chapters of Enova looks very promising from what I have seen.

Seriously, that's just plain rude calling out someone thinking that they are getting votes based on the popularity of the user rather than the screen itself. :shrug:

Edited by Dawnlight, 20 October 2014 - 02:35 PM.

• The Satellite likes this

#15 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:32 PM

You have forgotten what Buffalo winters are like. :P

But hey, it's also fiction, right?

My extended family sends pictures sometimes.  I was also there in January of 2013.  But still, not everywhere that snows is Buffalo. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shoelace, Moosh, Franky, Mudkipz, Demonlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users