Photo

Screenshot of the Week 422

Moosh Octorockoncrack Linkus Franky

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 422 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Octorockoncrack
Octorockoncrack.png

Linkus
Linkus.png
Trying out some interior tiles and a interior palette...

Franky
Franky.png
No subscreen this time, and Link ran off somewhere!

Moosh
Moosh.png
It's that one final dungeon Moosh just can't seem to finish...

#2 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nice screenshots! I voted for Octorockoncrack because of the cloud and that shadow from it. I also like that background :).

Linkus: I like those tiles :). Did you make them?

EDIT: He just mentioned in the chat that he did make them :).

Edited by Hoff123, 12 August 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Voted for Moosh. The other three just look too plain and simple. 

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Voted for Linkus. I like the new entrance tiles, they are very nice. The colors work very well together too.

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Octorockoncrack:

Seems like a pretty okay screen. Would be a nice place for a cutscene or something but not much else. Not really a fan of the striped background.

God-Beast Linkus:

A very impressive screen. Wish I could make custom graphics of this quality. As far as screens go, it's pretty empty, but I feel the house setting excuses this. Probably would have voted here.

Franky:

Lynels on one tile wide paths is never a fun thing or a good thing. I also feel like those stone Sheikah blocks look out of place. I can't quite put my finger on why.

Bad Luck Brian Moosh:

You picked the wrong week, son. What?

Edited by Moosh, 15 August 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#6 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

All of them look nice, but in the end I went with octorockoncrack's screenshot. It just looks better and more detailed in general to me. And it looks nice and fresh. :)

#7 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

Was a toss up between Franky and Moosh for me, as the other two weren't terribly interesting. Voted for Moosh because the colours are lovely (except the map text - yeck) and the place has character.

Also Franky... unless Link can walk on lava he's going to be locked in that screen (oh, I guess the rock in the bottom left is super-bombable?). There's also too much going on and not nearly enough room for it. You really need to give the player room to breathe.

#8 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

I voted for Franky. I really liked this shot. It has a dark atmosphere that reminds me of the Dark World Death Mtn. from LTTP. I thought Octorokoncracks was very bland, and lacking detail (the shadow was a very nice touch though). Moosh and Linkus also had very busy and well detailed shots, but Franky gets my vote.

Edited by Brian, 13 August 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Oh man choices... I'm a sucker for high up mountain shots like Octorock's, and yet Franky's screen is really well designed, and Moosh's is one of the best interior shots I've seen in a long time and has a lot of character... In the end, I think I have to vote for Moosh.

#10 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

I voted for Linkus.....VERY comfortable looking house room.  That bed makes me want to take a nap in it.  *YAWN*

#11 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

This is a really, really hard decision for me. Each shot is unique, inspired, and well executed.

I like the airiness in Octorockoncrack's shot, but the evenly spaced clouds in the background give the impression of their being printed on wallpaper--it doesn't feel quite right.

Linkus shows off some really nice house tiles. I sort of wonder what I'm looking at on the ground. Is that a rug on a carpet? Are the blue areas supposed to be like mosaic tiles? I don't have a problem with them; just curious.

Franky's shot really harnesses a sense of danger, which is good. I think that the awkward transition between the cliff and the right statue sort of detracts from the shot as a whole, though.

Moosh shows a nice dungeon shot. On a design level, it looks workable. It seems like there is an awful lot trying to get your attention, though, between the multicolored blocks/bricks, enemies, trees, and the like. Maybe a little more focus would be helpful to the player.

After deliberation, I'll vote for Linkus. It was a much harder choice than usual this week; good job, everybody. :)

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Octorockoncrack - 10 votes [25.64%]
Linkus - 8 votes [20.51%]
Franky - 5 votes [12.82%]
Moosh - 16 votes [41.03%]

45 members have cast votes!

Moosh
Moosh.png
It's that one final dungeon Moosh just can't seem to finish...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moosh, Octorockoncrack, Linkus, Franky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users