Prototype 8 Updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 10 May 2022 - 06:31 AM

With Prototype 6 testing finished and New Quest 2022 WELL into development, time to start Prototype 8 discussion.

It features:

1. ZNR Framework (for now, this can change to Cambria at ANY time)
2. We're talking custom subscreen somewhere down the road and the beginning of changing items between characters.
3. Some interaction with modern scripts and features.

Right now converted Level 1 and started speed testing to check framedata and smoothness.

If I can get the First Quest levels complete, the reset script in, the Second Quest started, Artorias selectable, and a custom subscreen, I'ld be ready to stop calling this a prototype and call this an alpha of the system.

-James

#2 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 11 May 2022 - 07:24 AM

First 9 levels done

Water and lava not functional, Zelda room incomplete (as it warps you into Artorias's dungeon). Several bugs that need to be fixed.

UPDATE: Fixed the first cut, Sif's cut in. Royal Wood to be started.

zc_screen00008.png

Enjoy your great white wolf.

-James

#3 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:51 PM

I finished up to Level 2-6, but I'm running into some corruption issues.  Then I backtracked and ran into some serious play control issues in the subscreen, even when I tried to fix it.

I don't want to do this sloppy, I want it to play well like everything else.  So I'm finishing Prototype 8 with 2-6 done and 2-7 and 2-8 in beta.

I will need to work on a scripted subscreen before this project goes any further.

Commence Prototype 9!

But to leave you on an interesting note, I will drop a picture of Wizzrobe Rider Gohma., Dark Soul Boss #6.

zc_screen00006.png

-James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users