• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:57 PM

Henlo!

This project, which used to be The Great Fairy Plea, has gone through several changes throughout the years. I've changed each area many times, specially the older ones.

For a long time, I thought this one area was all right, it was called "Hyrule Field". Now that I am working on the project again, I found myself quite unsatisfied with it. First of all, this is not THE overworld of the quest, it's only the first area after the initial village. This area was called Hyrule Field whilst the overworld was simply Hyrule. The truth is, it wasn't very 'fieldy' either, so it just didn't make sense in a lot of ways.

Secondly, the are was too crammed. Basically every screen had a cave or a secret in it, what made exploration too fragmented. It was a little bit of a mess.

So, I decided to expand the area and give it a fresh new look.

Here are two examples:

(OLD) A grave in Hyrule Field
DpTgAPd.png

(NEW) That same grave in Bermina Coast

RZjwRk3.png

(OLD) A pond in Hyrule Field

lNumikp.png

(NEW) The pond now connects with a few rivers

7kkgxin.png

The New (old) Area of Bermina Coast is crossed by many rivers.

I'm changing most of the other areas in the gaming, giving it a general overhaul and trying to, slowly but surely, get close to something I'm satisfied with.

I don't want to share too much, as I'd like to keep a lot of surprises for the final game, but if the people who read this post tell me that the want to see some more of this kinds of changes, I'll post some in the future!

Thanks for reading!
tchau tchau

Edited by Ica, 22 April 2021 - 04:33 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Shane and Jared like this

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 22 April 2021 - 03:55 PM

Imgur is a good general purpose hosting site that allows ad-free direct linking and embedding with [img] tags.

• Ica likes this

#3 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:33 PM

Imgur is a good general purpose hosting site that allows ad-free direct linking and embedding with [img] tags.

Thank you, Mitchfork,now the update looks how it was supposed to. (I took a very frustrated nap after posting it)

I even added another pair of comparison pics to make the post more interesting. :>

#4 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 April 2021 - 06:23 PM

I love this so much! Great work as always! Glad to see the Great Fairy's Plea come back with a spiritual successor. :)

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:47 PM

Seeing this certainly brings some odd nostalgia I didn't know I had. It's good to see a modern successor to an old project. :)

#6 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:25 PM

Hey guys, I'm so happy to hear that you're interested. I hope I can provide you with a fun game in a few months!

I just made one last post for The Great Fairy Plea, with a few comments about the changes. (https://www.purezc.n...showtopic=76917)

I actually couldn't work in the project these last couple of weeks deu to my pc going kaputt. Now I can finally get back to it and I'm very excited to do so, I pretend on posting another update soon!

xoxo

• Jenny likes this

#7 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 16 May 2021 - 03:52 AM

Looking good.

Something bugs me about the title screen. I tend to read the title as "The Heart Crystal" because of the way the words are positioned.

#8 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 17 May 2021 - 01:55 AM

Looking good.

Something bugs me about the title screen. I tend to read the title as "The Heart Crystal" because of the way the words are positioned.

I considered that when I made it.
I'll try moving the words "The" and "Heart" some pixels down!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users