Photo

Screenshot of the Week 698

Twilight Knight TheRock Orithan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 698 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

Twilight Knight

Twilight%20Knight.png

So... when will the mana meter be blue?

TheRock

TheRock.png

Orithan

Orithan.png

Comment: "You probably don't want these things anywhere near you..."

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

Went for Twilight Knight this week. Nothing incredible, but it succeeds at being a fairly pleasant, natural-looking beach scene with well-applied water details.

TheRock's is fair. The lava in the foreground is a little hard to place in perspective. I like that the chest is tantalizingly out of reach.

Orithan puts up a good effort also, but the neon accents are distracting.
  • Twilight Knight likes this

#3 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:47 PM

TheRock
TheRock.png

I really like where this is going. Looks like a good dungeon to me and I must say I really like that subscreen as well! The thing bothering me is that the waterfalls on the southern part ruin the perspective. They are taller than the wall, if you get what I'm saying.

Orithan
Orithan.png
Comment: "You probably don't want these things anywhere near you..."

Now this is an interesting palette. I adore this tileset you have here. The ground is very detailed, I like that, but perhaps a bit too busy at some places. Still I really dig this unique style.

I probably would've voted for Orithan if I hadn't nulled. It's the more interesting screenshot I would say and I'm suprised that it's not winning this contest!

Edited by Twilight Knight, 25 April 2019 - 01:47 PM.

• nicklegends likes this

#4 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

I have a hat that's almost the same pink/blue palette as Orithan's shot, except the hat looks more obnoxious. This shot has an EDM vibe (even though I'm confident that's not what you're going for) and I really like it. Voted.

• nicklegends and Twilight Knight like this

#5 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:07 AM

The main point of contention in my screenshot, the neon colours, has to do with an element I want to convey with this shot. The cave is filled with mould, which gave me a good opportunity to spice the place up with colour - mould can come in all sorts of different colours and thus I wanted to replicate this in the palette through the inclusion of pink and purple. They are softer than what mould would normally look because I tried making the colours more saturated but it did not play well with the colour of the ground, resulting in the colours chosen.

In retrospect, I should also include more black and dirty white ramps in the palette because those are also common mould colours and maybe make the pink and purple colours look a little more like red and blue.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#6 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:23 AM

Ah, well I think your palette kinda works, because like with Hergiswi it also gave me some psychedelic vibes.

Would adding some mushrooms maybe help achieve this "moulding" effect you wish to achieve? I imagine mushrooms sticking from the walls and ceiling.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

I'm a simple man. I see a cool lava screen, I vote.
  • Russ, Jared and Lüt like this

#8 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:35 PM

With 52.50% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week #698 is Twilight Knight!

Twilight%20Knight.png
So... when will the mana meter be blue?

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Twilight Knight - 21 votes [52.50%]
- TheRock - 9 votes [22.50%]
- Orithan - 10 votes [25.00%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Knight, TheRock, Orithan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users