1 reply to this topic

#1 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Hey everyone!

I am officially announcing that I'm bringing this quest back. It's definitely been a while; some of you may even remember me making updates to this quest back in 2014. (jeez, it's been three years already!?)

What happened? Well, I lost interest in Zelda Classic and have been severely unmotivated to do anything related to the program since the end of 2014 or so. Eventually, I just decided to inactivate the old quest project page because I had no idea when I'd be getting my motivation back. There were a few time periods where I played a few quests, but that was basically it. I was just far too busy with school and with life in general to think about ZC, and I got into other games are started playing those a lot.

Recently though, I don't know what came over me, but I decided to watch some video playthroughs of a few quests and I realized how much I missed playing people's quests and how much I missed actively developing my own quest. So, I opened ZQuest for the first time in forever, opened up my old quest file, and instead of closing the program 1 second later, I actually started making some new screens, some new scripts, redesigning some old screens, and creating a passive subscreen. I've been working little by little on my quest for a few weeks now, so I finally felt ready to open up a new quest project page and try to finish my very first quest. You can imagine that I've had to relearn a lot of ZQuest things cause I have forgotten a lot, but thankfully some great friends from this community have been helping me out, so I really appreciate that. :)

So there's that. Don't expect me to finish this quest very soon, but hopefully I can work on it little by little even though I'm a sophomore in college. I'm not going to give a release date, because knowing me, I'll probably never finish the quest before a predetermined time. I will try my best to keep everyone updated, but I do want to keep most of this quest's details under wraps. Hopefully I can maintain my motivation long enough for me to release a quest for all of you guys to enjoy!

Thanks very much for reading this! Let's see where this project is headed this time. :)

(As a side note, all beta testers for the inactivated project page have not been transferred over to this project. If you would like to be reinstated, please let me know.)

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 9 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Nice to see this is coming back again, I was wondering what had happened to this for the longest time lol. Looking forward to seeing what new stuff you have and good luck with the project :D

• Shane and David like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users