Possibly Final Update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

So, it's been well over a year since I've been active on here, I think it's safe to say that this project is pretty much dead. It's a shame really, as I really liked how my dungeons looked and were turning out, and the Origins III tileset was gorgeous to work with, Shadowfall1976 really deserves props for creating it, despite it turning out to be an incredibly difficult one to start working with if you didn't know what you were doing :derp: . I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with this project as it stands, if I'll come back to it, or if I'll just release the unfinished content that I have as an unpassworded file for others to play around in, which is why I've held off of clicking that "inactive" button.

My inspiration for it had steadily declined through problems that I caused myself, in both design and organization, as well as problems that just cropped up on their own. After that I got busy with school and work, which caused me to drift away from this project, putting it on the shelf.
Honestly, I would have restarted it and overhauled the entire thing if it wasn't for the fact that the work required would have been equivalent to starting a new quest, if anything to just save the dungeons, which further caused my drive to come back to it to falter even more.
I am disappointed though as the amount of dungeons I had finished was half of the ones planned and had work done on two others, and it's a shame that that work is going to waste, especially my planned Thunderbird boss fight. Less disappointed in losing the overworld, as that needed the most work done to it.

The knowledge I've gained though has been invaluable. I still have a long way to go, but I hope that the next project I work on will be of a higher quality and continue to give me new skills.

I have started tinkering around in the editor again, with a new tileset, so you might see more upcoming things from me in the future. If anything comes from it, I'll probably recreate some of the dungeons that I liked the most in it, but I'm making no promises. After all I don't have nearly as much free time as I once had, and will be having less in the upcoming weeks, so chances are you won't hear alot from me any time soon.

I still might return to this project, but alas it was never truly meant to be anything more than a trial project at learning the program.

I do want to give thanks to everyone who has supported this project and the community as a whole for all the support and feedback and help.

Again, I don't know what the future is in store for this until I make my decision, but for now, I'll just work on other things, and be more active in the community in general!
Thank you again to everyone!
  • ShadowTiger, WhippyBoi, Matthew and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users