• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:19 AM

INTRODUCTION:
I'm back! Well, technically, I really haven't been gone. I've been following the forums and silently building my quests on and off throughout my busy life. Life definitely isn't nearly as busy as it once was so I have some spare time to do Zquesting. I know I've been in the dark since I made the Slipstream, but I wanted to let everyone know I am still working on both Secret Skies and Slipstream still, just more on and off. I feel I can work better if I work in the dark and release small teasers as time goes on (Like I did with the Slipstream Update in SotW) as opposed to worrying about giving huge updates every now and then. I will still be making updates here, of course, for big announcements, just not as often as I used to.

QUESTION:
As I said before, I've been working on and off on my quests, but I also took a short break in December and am trying to get back into the swing of things, as the title states. As a result, I'm feeling out of practice with game design as of the moment, so I wanted to try building a new, short quest just to make things fresh again for Secret Skies and Slipstream. However, I kind of want to make it in the same world as Secret Skies, but have it be more of an introduction to its world. It would probably take place before the events of this game. If I did this, I would have "Secret Skies" be the name of the series and give both games their own name. I'm not entirely sure if I want to do this though.

So my question is: Would this be something that you guys would be interested in? A relatively short game that introduces the world of Secret Skies, but also helps me get back into doing ZC like I used to. I appreciate any feedback that you guys have.

Thank you for reading up to this point! Also, if you have any questions you would like to ask me about Secret Skies (Or Slipstream, for that matter), feel free to ask here as well. Again, thanks for reading and have a nice night (or day, depending on when you read this :))!
  • Shane and Evan20000 like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:18 AM

It's a great idea to make a short miniquest to make things fresh and having a quest that introduces you to the world of Secret Skies sounds interesting. So I'd say go for it.

• Joaish (RedTribeLink) likes this

#3 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:03 PM

Sure, go ahead!

#4 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

of course, go for it!!!!

#5 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

What's the progress of any?

#6 Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Joaish (RedTribeLink)

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:42 PM

The main Secret Skies hasn't had any big progress on it lately, other than maybe a few small changes to already existing areas here and there.  As for this prequel, I've finished the intro and made most of the introductory area.  I'm actually working on it in Instrumentality (as opposed to Pure Remembrance), because 1) I love this tileset and it's faster to use and still can be made to look really good.  2) I personally also wanted to see how the world of Secret Skies would turn out in a classic tileset.  A few tile rips later, it's actually looking good so far!  I hope it continues to work out.

Also, I meant to say this earlier but thank you so much everyone for the support so far!  I appreciate it!

• Shane and Nightmeres like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users