Two New Videos!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Here we are! New videos of my quest! here is the long-awaited playthrough going to the end of Level 2. The first video here is the interim between dungeons 1 & 2, the next is the playthrough of my second dungeon.
The videos do lag at points, unfortunately, as my computer is getting a bit old and doesn't really cooperate with the recording software. It's frustrating, yes, but it's not too too bad. (I haven't gone all the way through the Dungeon 2 video, I only jumped to certain parts, unlike what I did to the Between video...)

Anyways, here they are:

I will be doing a Dungeon 3 playthrough soon, but that's a longer level than these where so may take some time, especially to minimize lag.

Edited by Limebeer, 01 August 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:54 AM

... Wow...

Using Terra's theme for the dungeon music? I...

50/10 stars to you. It's just... Wow.

:approve:  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:

• Limebeer likes this

#3 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

... Wow...

Using Terra's theme for the dungeon music? I...

50/10 stars to you. It's just... Wow.

:approve:  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:

Thank you :D Yeah i just wanted something calming and soothing for this level and it just fit. Plus I really like the theme in general!

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:20 PM

Aside from the music, the dungeon design is simple, but it works. There are a couple of tile errors though, and you might want to add some decoration. Other than that, I like it.

Same goes for the town too. The town feels really empty in most, if not all parts.

Finally, are you going scriptless for this quest? If not, I recommend using an advanced grass script for the grass borders.

Edited by Dimentio, 02 August 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#5 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

yeah this quest is scriptless. I wanted to explore the ZQ engine and it's base capabilities before I got into scripts first so that I get a better understanding of the mechanics of the system.

Yeah I noticed a few tile errors when I did this playthrough. I've since fixed the ones I've found.
Yes, the town. I wanted it to show that it was a new town just starting to get built, but as you say it's really sparce and empty.
I'll be changing a few things around once I finish building the next level (level 4) on the overworld, which includes fixing up the town, adding in a border, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users