SFX issue with stairs

sound effects sfx stairs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cynicalove

Cynicalove

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

I've just recently started working with ZQuest 2.50 (brand new to all this as of two days ago), and so far I've been able to figure out a variety of things with a little help -- except one issue.

Right now I have a working stair combo on my "overworld" that serves as a quick passage to another tester screen on the same overworld map via tile warps, and it functions just fine on both ends. However, it makes no sound when performing that action. I checked "More Sound Effects" in the Quest Rules, thinking it might have been muted through that, and even went in and loaded in my own sound for SFX 29 (Stairs). But still, in testing with Zelda Classic, there are no sfx.

Other sound effects (like my NPC's dialogue box, sword slashing, bush slashing, Triforce collection fanfare, etc.) all work just fine.

How do I add sound effects to my stair combos/fix this issue? Or is there something I overlooked?

Edited by Cynicalove, 14 May 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#2 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Correct me, but I don't think this is possible. Unless if there is a script somewhere, that could help.

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 14 May 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#3 Cynicalove

Cynicalove

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

I haven't been able to tell one way or the other. Unless it has something to do with an option I glossed over, it might be. But I'd be fine with a script, if that was the solution.

It's not a big game-breaking issue, but its one of those nice touches that make a game feel more polished, imo.

#4 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

What is the exact combo type of the "stairs" combo?

#5 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

The stairs SFX will (confusingly) play on the "Cave (Walk Up)" and "Cave (Walk Down)" combos, not "Stair" combos.

#6 Cynicalove

Cynicalove

• Members

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:08 AM

What is the exact combo type of the "stairs" combo?

The graphic pack I imported for this (the Comprehensive Game Boy Zelda tileset) has this particular combo set as "Stairs [A]", which is the same for all the stair tiles in the set.

The stairs SFX will (confusingly) play on the "Cave (Walk Up)" and "Cave (Walk Down)" combos, not "Stair" combos.

Huh, that is... really strange. But, hey, as long as it works!

...And it does! Changing it from "Stairs [A]" to "Cave [Walk Down]" made the sound effect come in!! I knew it had to be something easy I missed. = w=

Thank you kindly for the help~

But then I have to wonder where the "Stairs" sfx functions normally if not for, you know, stairs...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound, effects, sfx, stairs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users