Custom Enemies

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

It has been a long slog, but I should be done replacing virtually all of the enemies in this game with totally custom versions by this weekend. I got complaints that the original LOTZ enemies just were not acting right in a sidescrolling setting, and I agree. So, I set about removing them and replacing them all with entirely custom versions. I only have a little bit of cleanup to do right now, and then they'll all be replaced. If you download the current Demos, you will see the enemies in action. There are about 72 custom enemies at the moment, but there will be closer to 90, I think, when I'm done.

Also, remember that the entire game script is contained in the buffer of each download and I am not password-protecting the game (for now). If you like the custom enemies I've implemented, you can extract the script and use it yourself if you want. I did not use Ghost.zh because that requires a lot of customization on the user end. Instead, I made a code that should be much easier to port out for other sidescrollers if you want. It's not without some challenge -- my code is sloppy -- but I'll make sure to write up a guide about how you can use it in your own sidescrollers once I'm totally done with the game.

For now, I'd really appreciate it if people could load up the new version and go tinker around in various places to put the custom enemies through their paces and report any bizarre behavior, enemies that are too hard or too easy, that kind of thing. Thanks in advance!
  • ShadowTiger, Air Luigi and SkyLizardGirl like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users