Plumber's Log

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A Link to Frustration

A Link to Frustration

Link to Frustration

• Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

I've already said in a few places that I like the idea of cameos and crossovers. Seeing as how my quest is partially based off the old Zelda Cartoon, and that was tied in quite closely with the Mario cartoon (the first one), I thought rather early on that it would be fun to have a major Mario tie-in level. It's a very rough draft, and things will likely change a bit between now and when I get to the part of the game this is in, but I decided I'd post one of Mario's not-too-famous Plumber's Logs like he would make at the beginning of each episode of his cartoon, this one detailing his reasons for visiting Hyrule.

Plumber's Log #7981
Princess Toadstool has dispatched Luigi and I to the far away kingdom of Hyrule, where she believes that that tyrannical turtle, King Koopa, is up to no good. After a bit of digging, we discovered that Koopa, along with some punk-nosed little brat, had set up shop in the Misty Marshes, a boggy swamp far to the south.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about the idea (although it would require quite a bit of custom stuff), but before I even think about proceeding any further with enemy or level design, I wanted to know what other people thought. Most of the quest is solely Zelda-related, but would it be interesting for the pesky plumbers to have a dungeon devoted more or less entirely to themselves? I've got the mechanics worked out already (concept-wise at least), and I've already formulated what I believe to be a comfortable balance between Mario-related material and Zelda-related material, but still, it's a rather touchy subject to quite a few nerds and dorks (I myself being a proud dork), so I thought I'd ask.

So please, nerds and/or (fellow) dorks need reply!

Edited by A Link to Frustration, 16 December 2014 - 11:08 AM.

• Lightwulf likes this

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Great! "I'll grab my stuff!"

Go with it!

#3 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

I like! :D

I say feel free to put as many cameos in your quest as you want!  In my first quest, I put a whole bunch of PureZC cameo characters in it as well as cameos from Ocarina of Time and other games (like Cid from FFIV and Cid from FFV, living in the same house in the underworld's Lost Traveler's Town).

I approve.  :approve: Whether or not others do is up to them.  Ultimately, it's up to you, the questmaker.

Edited by Lightwulf, 16 December 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#4 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

Go with it!!
Also, would be awesome if you had a Mario level or minidungeon that was Side-viewed to keep in the spirit of it... though that is just an idea :P Either way, sounds quite awesome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users