Indefinite hold.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:09 AM

I don't want to say that the quest is cancelled. I really, really don't.

However, the quest has become depressing to work on. Not in the "oh god what am I going to do / this is bad" way, much more that it just reminds me of a time when my life wasn't an unstable mess and people hadn't started dying and losing contact left and right.

I've barely poked the quest since late 2011. There's a 2-level demo floating around somewhere, and I never really got past that.

It's really frustrating me to even say this: I like what's here. I feel like it's far more coherent than anything else I've ever made, has a few really unique twists and ideas that I haven't really seen before, and I've not even been able to match the effort I've put into this quest regarding atmosphere in far more complex tilesets.

I'm not deactivating the project: who knows, maybe at some point I'll be able to poke at it. But for now, it's too painful. Don't think I'm quitting: I'm not. In fact, I feel more like I want to create than I have in the past year and a half. I just can't focus on this particular project.

Maybe I'll throw LTTS's tileset out there for everyone to use, though. I know people are interested in it, and I wanted to release this quest's set instead alongside the quest's release, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen for a while.

#2 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:20 AM

I feel you on this actually, it's one of the reasons I haven't gotten back into ZC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users