Beta Testers wanted

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I've been working too little on this. I have decided that. And, also, nobody has wanted to play (I have 12 downloads of two demos, one of which is from the older version, before I started redoing it), I have decided to hire some beta testers. And, when I have beta testers, I'll probably have motivation to actually create. I think, three beta testers should be enough for the moment.
So, who wants to try? Volunteer here.
Oh, and by the way, I'm gone for a week and half starting the day after tomorrow, so if I have more than three volunteers (With my luck in relation to this quest, unlikely) then I will randomly choose three of them. Just so you don't take not being chosen personally.
So, again, who wants to try? Volunteer here

#2 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'd be interested in beta testing it.  This quest looks pretty cool from what I can see in the screenshots.

#3 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Depends on the type and difficulty of the quest. I'm no good with 1 whole map dungeons with 2 darknuts and a cracktorok on each screen when you only have the blue candle.

Edited by Rocks4Free, 01 July 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#4 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

No choices made yet (the random people picking thing will be done when I'm back from my holiday). However, rest easy, Rocks4Free. I haven't used cracktorocks at all. In fact, the only uber enemy I've used is the Death Knight, in a room you can't enter without cheating. Difficulty is also one of the things you would be reporting as beta tester, anyway.

#5 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, I forgot about the actual testing part and was just thinking about the playing. (Silly me.  :P) So yeah, sign me up!

#6 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

Again, if there are more than three volunteers, then, random choice.

Or, maybe I should up the amount...?

Three for now.

EDIT: Yes, three spaces

Oh, and because nobody checked in during my holiday, it's first come, first served. Sorry if you're late.

Edited by klop422, 12 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#7 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

New post to put this to the top

Ok, I've decided. If no one answers by Monday, the third position's just going to go. Sorry about it, but I'm an impatient person

#8 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

I won't be able to test this immediately, since I will be camping until Saturday.

#9 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

It's fine. I'm going off on holiday again later, anyway, so...

Should be fine.

#10 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Ok.

Sorry if I sounded annoyed in the post earlier. I've decided now, the position's not gone, but I'm going to to give the beta to the two members who have already stepped up.

#11 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Sorry for not replying. I was distracted from this site for a while. :P

EDIT: So I played the demo a bit, and there were a few things I noticed that could be fixed.

- In Sword Grotto, the block puzzle to get the sword is way to difficult because of the unkillable ropes. They will either hover around the block you need to push or they will run and hit you through a block while you're pushing it. 

- The water in the room with the heart piece is too close to the entrance. It's a little annoying having to slowly walk around it so you don't fall in and drown. The keese are hard to hit because of this, too.

- The white text over the bright floor is very hard to read. I suggest using a text box to make it more visible.

- If you don't pick up bombs before you start the boss fight, you will be stuck forever and won't be able to get out. I had to restart the quest file and try again.

More to come since I haven't actually beaten the level yet.

NOTE: I'm using the demo from the project page, by the way. I accepted your invite to be a contributor but when I click on the notification again it says I'm not staff and do not have permission for something, so I don't have the "beta" if it's any different.

Edited by Rocks4Free, 26 July 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#12 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

Oops. Forgot to add the beta. I'm just finishing it up now, but I can't put it up immediately. However, Level 1 is the same anyway, so thank you for that.

EDIT: Forgot. Level 1 isn't the same. I dumped the old quest and started anew ReDemo 1 is the demo to play, and I'm just finishing the beta.

Oh, and I'm going to make a DevTopic, so the others in this site don't have to see how many bugs my quest has. GiantGreif, make comments there too.

And, I've still got one space open. If you want it, tell me here and I'll add you on. I'm going on holiday again soon, so if multiple people answer during that time, it'll be random choice.

Edited by klop422, 27 July 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#13 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

I might beta test this too. Post on here if you accept me.

#14 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sure. Go ahead. I'll add you to the crew... or whatever. There's a beta on the page I think.

There are currently no poen spaces remaining for beta testers, though I may want another one in the Expo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users