Summer Break

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

I am posting this message to announce that I'll be taking a break from quest development for the summer. I did this last year as well.

While this hasn't been the most productive year for Souls of Wisdom 2, I did take a lot of time to focus on things that really mattered. To be honest, I was afraid to continue this this quest due to the poor reception that Souls 1 received, it was only near the end of last summer did I realize there was a lot of negativity towards this quest. So much of my time went into working on a new quest with Avataro called TRIFORCE. I put this quest on hold to really think about what I want to do with this quest.

It's unfortunate to say that the only thing I could provide this year was a simple demo of content that I've already created, however, the quality in the demo really shows what I have learned over the year.

So now once the demo is updated and released again, I'll be taking another summer break.

During this summer, I'll be focused more on doing LPs, and simply just getting away from Zelda Classic. Though I may at times just tweak this quest a little, I will say there will be nothing significant started until September, the same goes for TRIFORCE.

Thank you for your support, and during the meantime I hope you follow on my LPs. Have a great summer! :D
  • Demonlink likes this

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

Damn, I wanted to see what happens after Level 4! D: (Oh wait, I already do :lol: ) Man, it's gonna be a bummer to not have you around for the summer, but at least you'll get back to it after summer! :D Yay!

(On a side note, weird, you're going and I'm gonna work more, coincidence?)

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Hey, if you want, you can take over that area you were doing before you sent the file back to me. You can make what comes after level 4! :P lol

Also, even though I said I will be avoiding zquest for the summer, that's mostly towards my own projects, if you still want some help with making some screens for your project, I now have more free time. :D

• Demonlink likes this

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

I'll try to help you then, and if I can get the overworld section finished, I might contact you too! :D (I'm already on the houses and buildings section, so it's close :D )

#5 Zolias

Zolias

Retired Darknut Captain; Apprentice Wizrobe

• Members

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Pretty late into the summer, but I know what you mean.  Creative writing also can drain people, so breaks are oftentimes necessary.  Speaking of Souls 1, I actually really liked that game.  I found it to be innovative while still addressing the base of the system.  In fact, I think it was my second favorite ZC quest (Hero of Dreams still topped it for me, though).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users