Overworld finished + more

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

First I talk about the progress of tLoZ Ganon's Curse.
The whole overworld is finished, with all it's secrets, Item locations, HC locations, and its completely detailed. There is next to no more work to be done with the overworld, except some minor adjustments later maybe.

Level 1 is finished, but has no boss yet. I uploaded 2 more screenshots for this project, one interesting overworld screenshot and one screenshot of Level 1. In addition to that I have 2 more things to show/announce.

The curse now starts draining your life, quicker! You have about 1 second less than seen in the Demo until the curse countdown is over and starts punishing you.

Posted Image
Link, exploring around in the new world, searching for a way to lift his curse.

Goriyas can stun you! While their boomerangs don't do any damage to you, they stun you for about 5 - 6 seconds. You know what will happen in that time.

Posted Image
Miniboss in Level 1: Goriyas! They are now more dangerous than ever.

Now that the overworld is finished all that needs to be done are the remaining dungeons. The next thing I make now will be level 2. :D

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Sounds great! The curse is a wonderful concept. I would probably limit it to one dungeon or area if I were using the a mechanic such as this (Temple of the Ocean King -esque), but creating a whole game centered on the idea certainly sounds fun, too. How many dungeons are you planning?

By the way, you are fast! Having the whole overwold (8x16 I assume?) finished already and whatnot. I guess it's partly due to the classic tileset's simplicity? Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with further progress.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sounds great! The curse is a wonderful concept. I would probably limit it to one dungeon or area if I were using the a mechanic such as this (Temple of the Ocean King -esque), but creating a whole game centered on the idea certainly sounds fun, too. How many dungeons are you planning?

By the way, you are fast! Having the whole overwold (8x16 I assume?) finished already and whatnot. I guess it's partly due to the classic tileset's simplicity? Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with further progress.

Thanks. This quest is going to have the standard amount of triforce pieces, so it's 8 triforce dungeons and a final dungeon. The overworld however is not the Z1 sized one. It has exactly 60 screens and it's devided into 6 smaller areas, where each of the areas are on another map. Some areas have only 8 screens while others have 12, etc. I may add one or two screens on the overworld in the future, but it's basically finished for now.

But making dungeons is my strenght! I really like my level 1 and have even more ideas for my other dungeons.

#4 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Goriyas being able to stun you.....this is definitely something I've never seen done before. This should be interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users