General Questions and Suggestions Topic

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Since we are not working on this right now, I think it's the perfect time to answer questions and get suggestions for OoAw. So ask our members anything about the quest or make a suggestion for the future.

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

This Quest looks awesome! I watched the video and loved it! Here are some questions now:

- (suggestion not directly on the quest) The quest is obviously story-driven. So why did you chose "Scripted" as the genre? A quote from Site Help topic. "Scripted: Radically alters the gameplay of the engine by heavily using scripts". To me, the gameplay looks like typical zelda-styled gameplay, with a lot of cutscenes, thus story-driven is more appropiate I think :P

- There are so many creators.. So, lets see. What exactly will each person do, besides "Suggestions, Mapping"? Who came up with the story? Who made the dungeon? Who made the video?

- Does this quest use midis, or will players have to download the quest packed with extra files?

- You say, you are not working on the project at the moment. About when will you be starting again :D? Also, what is the overall progress right now? Are more places than those we can see in the video, done? About how big will this quest be, anyways? The description says, the project has been started 12 Jan 2012, so there must be a huge part of the quest done already, right?

- Demos?

I'll be following this quest, it looks like a lot of fun to play for sure. Screen design looks very professional also!

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

This Quest looks awesome! I watched the video and loved it! Here are some questions now:

- (suggestion not directly on the quest) The quest is obviously story-driven. So why did you chose "Scripted" as the genre? A quote from Site Help topic. "Scripted: Radically alters the gameplay of the engine by heavily using scripts". To me, the gameplay looks like typical zelda-styled gameplay, with a lot of cutscenes, thus story-driven is more appropiate I think :P

You're right, this is a quest that is quite driven by story, but there is still many things that have been added that affect the overall gameplay/engine. You'll have to wait and see, I suppose. ;)

- There are so many creators.. So, lets see. What exactly will each person do, besides "Suggestions, Mapping"? Who came up with the story? Who made the dungeon? Who made the video?

Since I wasn't around at that time, I can't say who made the dungeon, but the rest I'm pretty sure was made by Sepulcher.

- Does this quest use midis, or will players have to download the quest packed with extra files?

At the moment, no; we are not using midis. The sound files will need to be in the same folder as the quest, unless you want a quest without music.

- You say, you are not working on the project at the moment. About when will you be starting again :D?

I myself, can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty sure we'll be picking up production again sometime in the upcoming months/weeks.

Also, what is the overall progress right now? Are more places than those we can see in the video, done? About how big will this quest be, anyways? The description says, the project has been started 12 Jan 2012, so there must be a huge part of the quest done already, right?

So far, we're pretty much as far as level two (which is currently being made) I don't wanna spoil anything else though. :P

- Demos?

http://www.purezc.co...downloads&id=14

I'll be following this quest, it looks like a lot of fun to play for sure. Screen design looks very professional also!

Replies in bold

#4 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

- You say, you are not working on the project at the moment. About when will you be starting again :D? Also, what is the overall progress right now? Are more places than those we can see in the video, done? About how big will this quest be, anyways? The description says, the project has been started 12 Jan 2012, so there must be a huge part of the quest done already, right?

- Demos?

1) I chose "Scripted" as a genre because this game uses a fully custom engine to emulate the gameboy engine as accurately as possible. Maybe I could switch it to Story-Driven.

2) Being the original creator, I created the story, the dungeon, the cutscenes, everything in the beginning. Zepinho created the thousands of lines of code used in the engine and he has done absolutely wonderful work. The others are working on stuff now. For example, Shane and Tingle are helping me with level 2, Dawnlight is helping me polish up the intro, and Jared is working on some custom sprites and stuff and helps me with some ideas. Pretty much, everyone has something to do.

3) The quest uses external music files (.gbs).

4) I will be resuming this when I get out of college, which is in a couple of weeks. The overall progress is Level 1 done and half the first overworld is done. This quest will be about 8 dungeons max (not including the last one) so it will be pretty huge. Just a huge amount of the overworld is done. Most of that time has been spent on making the rest of the game flow together.

5) I will put a link up soon.

Thank you very much. :) I am glad you like the quest so much. Thank you for the support.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ah, ok that sounds great! It's good to hear that there will be so much playtime, so many dungeons and scripts. The gameboy Zelda games were the best of the game series in my opinion.

@Tingle: I have somehow overlooked the demo :augh:
I'm going to try my hands on it now, since I have not played it on the expo back then!

So I wish each of you good luck on this project for the future, and I'm sure it'll become one of the best quests of ZC too, because there are so many talented designers on the same quest also. About the music again: how exactly are gbs files better than midis? Weren't the GB Zelda songs simple enough for use as midis?

#6 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thanks, and the reason why we use .gbs files is because while midis are a simple option, they don't sound authentic unless you use a sound font. .gbs files remedy this and allow the game to look AND sound like a gameboy game.

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

This happened in your previous demo, I just checked to see if it was fixed. I guess not. :P During the night time, you can actually turn left or right at the entrance of the house to walk out into the empty space beyond the walls.

Posted Image

#8 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

I will make sure that is fixed. Thanks NJF! :D

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

When playing this quest I feel like I'm playing an actual GB Zelda game ;)

I wasn't nice when i first posted here, as I was way too unpatiently with the quest. It's just I can't wait to see it done :D
So anyways, good luck guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users