Second Quest Layered

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 DaDoc540

DaDoc540

formerly boram_c

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

If anyone has any questions or finds any bugs in the game, inform me right here and I wll answer them as soon as I can.

This quest is the sequel of First Quest Layered.  It is only slightly more difficult than the first, although the final dungeons should still pose a formidable challenge.  Compared to its predecessor, this quest requires some more thinking and puzzle solving.

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Having fun with this one boram_c, I have run into two minor graphic issues.

Here (See to the left of where I'm standing)

zelda002.png

And here (Look at lower right)

zelda001i.png

#3 DaDoc540

DaDoc540

formerly boram_c

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

Having fun with this one boram_c, I have run into two minor graphic issues…

Thanks!  They will be addressed in a future update.

#4 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

Looking for the White Sword dungeon and level 2?  I have found level 3 and actually did a bit of it but I really should do level 2 first. BTW I have only found one store that sells magic potions and it's far from the beginning of the quest, I wish you would have made a shop closer to the beginning of the game. Other than that it's really a good quest.

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Alright, Finished level 1. and looking for level 2... Not having luck finding it, I did find level 3!

And I wanted to ask is there a solution to this block puzzle in level 3?

zelda006.png

I'm able to make it to the door but I lack a key, and I suspect solving this will somehow lead me to a key maybe.

And also I ran into two bomb locations that won't open when bombed.

zelda004.png

zelda005.png

#6 DaDoc540

DaDoc540

formerly boram_c

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Looking for the White Sword dungeon and level 2?  I have found level 3 and actually did a bit of it but I really should do level 2 first. BTW I have only found one store that sells magic potions and it's far from the beginning of the quest, I wish you would have made a shop closer to the beginning of the game. Other than that it's really a good quest.

Yes, you should explore Level 2 before you can think about the White Sword Palace.  If you remember where the White Sword is usually located and have the Level 2 dungeon item, then you should know what to do from there.

Alright, Finished level 1. and looking for level 2... Not having luck finding it, I did find level 3!

And I wanted to ask is there a solution to this block puzzle in level 3?

I'm able to make it to the door but I lack a key, and I suspect solving this will somehow lead me to a key maybe.

And also I ran into two bomb locations that won't open when bombed.

Did you obtain a hint from Abei in Level 1 to the relative location of Level 2?  If so, then keep searching.  All I will say is that if you travel from the start to the area directed and you reach a Heart Container floating in the water, you have already traveled too far.

If you can reach the other side of the block puzzle in Level 3, then you already found the solution to it!

Not all cracked walls hide something.  Otherwise, something more powerful is needed.  To save you a couple Super Bombs, I will tell you that those cracks are merely fakes.  This does not necessarily mean that there are no secrets on those screens, however…

Edited by boram_c, 18 May 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#7 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I haven't found level 2......LOL  :bounce: I'm always looking for a level.

#8 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I guess I didn't explain myself properly. I haven't found level 2......LOL  :bounce: I'm always looking for a level.

Hi Ms_Zelda_Lady,

Level 2 is in the Southeast on the beach.  2nd screen from the water.

Edited by sctmorgan, 18 May 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#9 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Thanks sctmorgan 

#10 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Did you obtain a hint from Abei in Level 1 to the relative location of Level 2?  If so, then keep searching.  All I will say is that if you travel from the start to the area directed and you reach a Heart Container floating in the water, you have already traveled too far.

If you can reach the other side of the block puzzle in Level 3, then you already found the solution to it!

Not all cracked walls hide something.  Otherwise, something more powerful is needed.  To save you a couple Super Bombs, I will tell you that those cracks are merely fakes.  This does not necessarily mean that there are no secrets on those screens, however…

Yep I got the hint, So I'll look around the beach area again :)

And good I thought there was something else I had to do in that block puzzle.

And so there is fake wall's eh? haha that's good hell I thought it might have been a bug :lol:

#11 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

The trickiest part of this quest is trying to understand the movement of the monsters. Those Lynels that act like Ropes are definitely a challenge. So far 9 deaths.

I can't find the whistle. Apparently it's in Level 4 I assume....

#12 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I finished level 2 and started the White Sword dungeon but I'm quitting this. I don't mind block puzzles but add into the fact that the room is in darkness and if you don't get it right it means using your candle again. I used up all my candle and never figured out the puzzle. Too frustrating for me. Having to leave and go back and buy magic all the time isn't fun. Good luck to everyone else playing this.

#13 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

I finished level 2 and started the White Sword dungeon but I'm quitting this. I don't mind block puzzles but add into the fact that the room is in darkness and if you don't get it right it means using your candle again. I used up all my candle and never figured out the puzzle. Too frustrating for me. Having to leave and go back and buy magic all the time isn't fun. Good luck to everyone else playing this.

here's a tip. Memorize the puzzle carefully and write down the possible path on paper or in your head....then try it. Should save you magic there. It took me a couple attempts but I got it. You know what they say, just look at all the blocks and where they could possibly go.

I just completed level 5. Very tricky level. 12 deaths so far and just got bow/red cnadle and 12 hearts. I'm guessing Hammer or Ladder is in level 6.

#14 DaDoc540

DaDoc540

formerly boram_c

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hmm, I overlooked the fact that block puzzles in dark rooms can consume plenty of magic.  In the future, I should either keep block puzzles within well-lit rooms—especially in the early dungeons—or reduce the magic cost per use for the Candle.

If you have completed Level 2, then you should be able to obtain a Magic Container.  It is not located very far from the start.

Here are some pointers about block puzzles:

•  Take your time.  After you defeat any and all enemies, pause the game with F3, study the blocks, and develop a plan.  Haste makes waste.
  • Understand the objective and form a plan accordingly.  If the puzzle has pressure switches, determine which block goes to which pressure switch and work out a path based on the surrounding blocks and raised tiles.  If confronted with a block puzzle maze, work backwards to determine your end point, identify your choices of blocks pushed (in which direction) for each step, and understand the consequences of pushing a certain block in a certain direction (e.g. new blocks that can be pushed, blocks that are restricted).
  • Adjacent blocks cannot be pushed in a direction perpendicular (at a right angle) to the joined surfaces.  Remember this when solving pressure switch puzzles.

#15 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

I still can't find the Hammer :( where is it? Ive looked all over Level 6 and can't find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users