Photo

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Ice Age. (ALttP 2)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Ice Age (Current Title)

Quest project link here

Introduction

A Link to The Past sequel! Welcome back to the land of Hyrule from one of my favorite Zelda games, A Link To The Past. This quest has an almost exact overworld as ALttP using new, enhanced tiles. Some of it may be slightly adjusted to fit into the smaller screens on Zquest. Completely new redisigned temple's as well as most of the caves (Some are the same) . A Link To The Ice Age will introduce the Zora's, Goron's, Lon Lon Ranch, and few other new additions. Instead of warping into a strange past where there are weird monsters, tree's that watch you, etc etc..I had the idea to make it an ice age past. This may change though depending on which route I decide to take. Currently, I am almost finished with the Light World, and starting to work on the temples, so I still have time to play it out. This will be a very huge quest, full of secrets and some past references to what happened since ALttP took place. I will post more, better pictures once I finish my subscreens. Let me know if you have any questions, I would gladly answer them.

Originally, I had spent over 4 years creating this. However, I lost my backup laptop, then my Macbook HD crashed and I literally lost everything. I was devastated and called it quits. I eventually came back and realized it was something I wanted and needed to finish.

Goal
My goal is to create a real full AlttP sequel game. I want the users to feel like they are really playing an ALttP sequel by keeping some of the features and the atmosphere the same as ALttP. I don't want this to be some super hard quest because of the enemies, but rather a challenge from adventure and thinking. This will be a fun long adventure going back through the familiar hyrule field and exploring new additions and characters.

Information About The Quest

• Created using Zquest 2.50 with Mac.
  • Created with a mixture of DoR v2.0, Orion's LTTP V2.4.1, and some custom tiles created by me and other users.
  • Expected release date is hopefully around August. (Hopefully before the 3DS sequel release date icon_razz.gif)
  • Updated SFX/Midi's from various other Zelda games.
  • There will be several items and equipment.
  • 12 full temples. (Maybe more)
  • All the characters talk. Some giving useful hints.
  • Caves and houses will be made using MC tiles.

Progress

Light Overworld - 100%
Ice Overworld - 20%
Dungeons - 10%
Houses,Caves, etc.. - 40%

Credits

• Radien- DoR v2.0 tileset
  • Marcus- Orion's LTTP Tileset v2.4.1
  • Chris and Jared- Parallel Worlds Tileset and Sprites
  • Sheik- Subscreen

Help

I would love to hear any suggestions or feedback from anyone! Here are some of the things I would like if anyone has any or knows of any.

• Custom boss scripts
  • Some good midi's to use for the ice world.
  • Tiles/sprites
  • Subscreen.
  • Story ideas
  • Your opinion and suggestions!

Progress

Light Overworld - 100%
Ice Overworld - 20%
Dungeons - 10%
Houses,Caves, etc.. - 40%

Latest Updates

I have decided to add an OoT Korkiri Forest that will connect to the Lost Woods from the LttP map. Here is the map I have created so far. http://img547.images...63/zelda012.png

Screenshots
titlescreent.png
alttpcomposite.pnglttpsignguy1.jpgzelda0108717640screen.jpgshouseb.pngzeldadarkworld.jpg34385legendofzeldatheal.jpgzelda006copy.pngzelda001r.pngtreealttia.pngzelda004.png
zelda009.png

ySGhb.png

Edited by Shane7227, 31 March 2014 - 10:20 PM.

• judasrising, Drewby3 and Ventus like this

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

I should'v seen this coming with ALTTP 2 coming out. XD

Anyways, those comparison screens look pretty good! I'm really interested by where this goes, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
  • Shane7227 likes this

#3 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

I should'v seen this coming with ALTTP 2 coming out. XD

Anyways, those comparison screens look pretty good! I'm really interested by where this goes, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Thanks! Most of it will be very identical, but not all of it will be exactly tile-to-tile the same. I just finished the Light World. It took almost 3 and a half full maps to create.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

While I really like the idea you have going here, I do have one suggestion though. Don't try to make the overworld a perfect, screen for screen, every single rock is in the same exactly place remake. I tried remaking LttP once, and even though I cancelled the project, I learned a lot from it. For example, look at the map I got out of it. Well, don't look at the area around Link's house, that part's horrible, but mainly focus on the northern and western areas. See how it's obviously LttP, but at the same time, the screen's aren't perfectly identical? That's what I think you should try for. It'll make the quest much more interesting.

#5 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

While I really like the idea you have going here, I do have one suggestion though. Don't try to make the overworld a perfect, screen for screen, every single rock is in the same exactly place remake. I tried remaking LttP once, and even though I cancelled the project, I learned a lot from it. For example, look at the map I got out of it. Well, don't look at the area around Link's house, that part's horrible, but mainly focus on the northern and western areas. See how it's obviously LttP, but at the same time, the screen's aren't perfectly identical? That's what I think you should try for. It'll make the quest much more interesting.

I understand where you're coming from. In fact, I first started making the overworld small to fit the zquest screens, but it didn't feel right. I ended up quitting that and started to make a full size overworld. It is difficult at time getting everything lined up.

Here's an early stage of the North side of Hyrule Field. It was a very early stage. http://img694.images...7/zelda003v.png
I have the light world completed and working on making one big map put together. However, I don't want to show that one until I go back through and fix up some small stuff.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hrm... the general outline you have there is pretty good, but I do have a few complaints. First, I wouldn't have all your trees and stuff line up perfectly. In places like right outside the sanctuary, where they were probably planted that way, it makes sense, but everywhere else it just looks odd. Nature doesn't grow in perfect lines. Second, you're using the cliff tiles on the bottom edge of the water, and actually, all the north facing cliff tiles in general, all wrong. DoR mountains can be hard to use, but if you use them, you have to use them right, otherwise it creates some pretty bad perspective issues. Go to page 200 of the tilesheets to get an idea of how you're supposed to use them. And lastly, it's lacking in small details to make the screens interesting, but you said it's still early on in development, so I won't criticize that.

#7 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

This looks, and sounds pretty neat. It good to know that a lot of progress has already been made on this. I'll be following this one.
  • Shane7227 likes this

#8 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

This looks, and sounds pretty neat. It good to know that a lot of progress has already been made on this. I'll be following this one.

Thank you! I will be posting better screenshots as I progress.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Shane, you're fired.

It looks pretty good actually, though with all this ALttP stuff (BS Zelda, ALttP2, this quest), I think I might get tired of playing games with the same overworld, lol. Also don't listen to Russ' advice he doesn't know a thing about ALttP. :glare:

I definitely think you should add some unique touches here and there, if you're going for a new feel. My quest was going to be a sort of sequel to ALttP as well, only set between that and Z1 with a completely different Link, but my overworld was going to be different wait this thread isn't about my quest nvm
  • Jared and Shane7227 like this

#10 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Shane, you're fired.

It looks pretty good actually, though with all this ALttP stuff (BS Zelda, ALttP2, this quest), I think I might get tired of playing games with the same overworld, lol. Also don't listen to Russ' advice he doesn't know a thing about ALttP. :glare:

I definitely think you should add some unique touches here and there, if you're going for a new feel. My quest was going to be a sort of sequel to ALttP as well, only set between that and Z1 with a completely different Link, but my overworld was going to be different wait this thread isn't about my quest nvm

Thanks! I don't want this to be looked as 'Another remake'. My goal is to make this a full blown long adventure quest that everyone will enjoy playing to the end with lots of new places and characters added to it. Once I finish some tweaks and minor adjustments to the LightWorld map, I will post it. :)

#11 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

i will defiantly get the finished game when it is done!
  • Jenny and Shane7227 like this

#12 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

i will defiantly get the finished game when it is done!

I will let you know as soon as I release it or an early demo to explore the Light World. I hope you will enjoy it! :)
  • coolgamer012345 likes this

#13 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Mmmm, an ice age era in the Zelda universe. Quite interesting in fact. The title would make sense to that point. A simple and nice idea for a quest! I wish you luck Shane7227! Excellent screenshots! Though I agree with the others users, you shouldn't quite do everything EXACTLY like ALTTP, because that would cause a kinda "the same overworld again?" reaction. But then again, you said this project is still in it's early stages, am I correct? Anyway, I suggest you bend a little like Satellite said. Even though, the final product is up to the quest maker... Good luck Shane! I would definitely play this when you have a demo or quest finished. :kawaii:
  • Shane7227 likes this

#14 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Mmmm, an ice age era in the Zelda universe. Quite interesting in fact. The title would make sense to that point. A simple and nice idea for a quest! I wish you luck Shane7227! Excellent screenshots! Though I agree with the others users, you shouldn't quite do everything EXACTLY like ALTTP, because that would cause a kinda "the same overworld again?" reaction. But then again, you said this project is still in it's early stages, am I correct? Anyway, I suggest you bend a little like Satellite said. Even though, the final product is up to the quest maker... Good luck Shane! I would definitely play this when you have a demo or quest finished. :kawaii:

Thank you for your input and interest! There will be plenty of twists and new additions to it to give it that 'fresh new exciting adventure' rather than a simple remake with just new dungeons. :P It is still in early production. I will be working on better screenshots to post for everyone soon!

Edited by shane7227, 24 April 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#15 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

though it is a music from metroid,i think it would be cool,here is the link. http://www.hotgamech...-gamecube-M.htm .go about half way down the page and right mouse click Phendrana Drifts 2 and select "save as" then save it somewhere and then it should work in your zelda classic folder,though it might not,i have not tested it.
  • Shane7227 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users