The tileset's influence on a quest

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

You got me wrong icon_biggrin.gif I know how to layer the transparent water but it looks weird. That's what I meant by 'properly' usage. Anyway, thank you icon_razz.gif

#32 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 26 2009, 03:23 AM) View Post

Err... no?
IPB Image
As you can see here, there's trees AND transparent water.
WhatI do, is simple:
Transparent water go on layer 1 (or 2, if you feel like it).
Layer one or two is then checked for transparency.
Treetops ALWAYS go on layer 3 or 4. ALWAYS.
I usually have the "transparent forest overlay" on layer 5 or 6.

Tree bases go onlayer 0.
Simple, and it works... and I believe that's the way it's supposed to be used too :/

EITHER way, you don't get transparent trees icon_wink.gif Hehe.

Well you get the point and I tried it and it won't let me swim

Edited by Midnight_King, 07 May 2009 - 05:36 AM.

#33 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

The combos you'll be swimming on on layer 0 should be unwalkable and all "Water" combos. The water you draw on top of layer 0 should be fully walkable and not a water combo.

#34 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ May 7 2009, 09:11 AM) View Post
The combos you'll be swimming on on layer 0 should be unwalkable and all "Water" combos. The water you draw on top of layer 0 should be fully walkable and not a water combo

If you have the rule "Link drowns in walkable water" checked, you can also use walkable water combos if you prefer.

#35 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

First I did not wanted to reply 'cause the reactions on me saying that I'm having a little trouble with transparent water gone offtopic, but since you all tried to help me (and did), I'd like to thank you anyhow. So.. thank you anyhow.

So long, Sheik.

Little note: For now I decided to stick with a GB tileset (none of those in the database, the one to come by Joe) and will keep that goal for HS. I will add tons of custom and alternate tiles though. For example the gray LttP rocks or diagonal mountain tiles (since LttP rocks have diagonals, too, it'll be okay anyway). And I will draw a big amount of custom dungeon tiles (actually I will redraw the existing ones) to make my dungeons more unique and sticking with the feeling I want to give the player. I'm planning to use only custom palettes 'cause I have an exact idea of what I want it to look like. Can't wait to start to actually build, but I'll be patient and wait until Joe finishes his work. After all, I'm busy enough with school right now, next week start our exams (<- well, the word is surely not right, I mean 'Klausuren', but I lack for another term... classtest maybe?) and I'll have to learn anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users