Isle of Rebirth

Rating: 4.71/5 (57 ratings)
Photo

Isle of Rebirth Help/Bug Thread (UPDATED 5-13-14)

• Please log in to reply
1463 replies to this topic

#46 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

You mean I actually broke something by absolute accident? I thought it was just Evan's idea of a trolling "puzzle" by sticking fake warp points in a room and the real solution being as simple as pushing a couple blocks.

Am I going to have to start over, or can I just keep going?

Also, that Chain Chomp by the shop with the Boomerang is rather mean. I thought it was kind of cool that you had a version of Bow-Wow thrown in, and I went in to see if it acted like the original. Got killed, then noticed and read the sign afterwards. "accidents due to stupidity"...

I'm going to keep all the fixes usable with the same save file.

Also the difficulty downgrade opens after 5 deaths.

#47 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

I gotta say, hero mode is for true heroes only. I truly have to utilize all of Link's tools in order to survive. It seems like the only major difference, I've notice so far, is enemies do double damage. Are there any other differences in hero mode?

So far, every boss I've encountered was amazing; they all have a surprise factor going for them. Also, what you did to the first arena was brilliant. I have a soft side for arena battles. May I ask, did you have Link insta-warp from room to room when he cleared every enemy in the arena? What ever you did, having your opponents drop from the sealing between rounds was a really nice affect.

Anyways, I'm currently about to buy my super bombs to explore north Remdra. I remember, from the demo, the difficulty spikes dramatically starting there. I'll remember to upgrade my sword before entering the graveyard this time.  

• Evan20000 likes this

#48 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I gotta say, hero mode is for true heroes only. I truly have to utilize all of Link's tools in order to survive. It seems like the only major difference, I've notice so far, is enemies do double damage. Are there any other differences in hero mode?

So far, every boss I've encountered was amazing; they all have a surprise factor going for them. Also, what you did to the first arena was brilliant. I have a soft side for arena battles. May I ask, did you have Link insta-warp from room to room when he cleared every enemy in the arena? What ever you did, having your opponents drop from the sealing between rounds was a really nice affect.

Anyways, I'm currently about to buy my super bombs to explore north Remdra. I remember, from the demo, the difficulty spikes dramatically starting there. I'll remember to upgrade my sword before entering the graveyard this time.  

The only difference between any of the difficulties is the amount of damage you take per hit. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. :D

Editing to announce a bugfix update. Your save files will still work of course, but it just fixes a few issues. Go download it whenever you guys can.

#49 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

i having trouble finding any more keys in lvl 4 such a huge lvl to get lost in and the lens of truth

Edited by zcfan, 16 February 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#50 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

If you have the lens, there's 3 keys left. One at the end near the boss key, one in the upper left of B2 and in the right side of F1.

#51 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

lol i dont have the lens yet no idea where to get that thing at

#52 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

You need 2 keys to get the lens. The first is at the beginning of the dungeon if you go right from the entrance, follow the circular path around a few rooms and kill all the bats in the room with the switchblocks. In the room outside of the switchblock room, one of the torches is different. Push it any direction to lower the blocks. From there, head along that path until you hit a button opening a bridge. Then take your key back to the entrance and the level should funnel you to a second key and a locked door on the bridge. You will now be able to jump off straight ahead or jump off to the right. Take the rightmost pit and continue in that direction.

#53 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Wooohooooooo

4hxke1.png

Third boss was crazy. Loving it.

#54 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Good to hear you liked it and thought it was crazy. I think Moosh probably went crazy trying to script that thing. (Seriously, I've looked at part of the script and do you have any idea what the code for those tentacles is like? Moosh was insane for offering to do that for Evan.)

And now you're coming up to the part where the game suddenly gets more difficult but much better too. I'm interested in seeing what you think of level 4.

#55 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Kinda minor but these guys can spawn in the edges of the screens:

zelda044_zps0c287171.pngzelda043_zpsd09ceba9.png

The quest icon also looks a bit off the way it is now. Moving it one pixel to the right so white borders the entire thing may look better.

EDIT: With the quest icon, maybe just inverting the colors may look better? Switch the black to white and the white to black.

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 16 February 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#56 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

Good to hear you liked it and thought it was crazy. I think Moosh probably went crazy trying to script that thing. (Seriously, I've looked at part of the script and do you have any idea what the code for those tentacles is like? Moosh was insane for offering to do that for Evan.)

And now you're coming up to the part where the game suddenly gets more difficult but much better too. I'm interested in seeing what you think of level 4.

Don't hype me more >.<U Seriously, I want to play this quest slowly, but is impossible xD

Is there a Boss Rush mode in the quest? I need to replay those evil things! Bosses in Nintendo games are always a walk in the park.

#57 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Is there a Boss Rush mode in the quest? I need to replay those evil things! Bosses in Nintendo games are always a walk in the park.

Yes, once you beat the game, you'll be able to access an arena where you fight slightly more difficult versions of all the bosses.

#58 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

I... I used up all of my Bombs trying to fight the second boss. I hit "Retry" so that I could try it again without spending hours grinding for more Bombs, and then found that because I went through the entire dungeon in one sitting without saving, I'm going to have to start all over.

I think I'd have rather just gone looking for more Bombs...

#59 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Yes, once you beat the game, you'll be able to access an arena where you fight slightly more difficult versions of all the bosses.

*most of the bosses.

The bosses of levels 7, 9, and 12 don't have arena rematches along with the final boss and the other arena bosses. If you want to fight these bosses again, you'd have to make a duplicate save. The final boss and arena bosses can be fought as many times as you like, thankfully.

#60 macman1134

macman1134

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

I`m a bit stuck in lv. 3. I`ve found 2 keys and used 1 in the Corona Mines S, and found the generator thingy and created a shortcut to it. I feel like I`m missing something really simple, but can't quite pinpoint what. Any help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users