The Hero of Dreams help thread

• Please log in to reply
2294 replies to this topic

#2266 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

I'm 99% sure this quest works in 2.5 now. At one point there was an issue with the final boss, but that seems to have been resolved.

#2267 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Before, I remember someone said it was impossible to get the red ring in 2.5. Is it fixed? 

#2268 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, that's fixed. Earlier betas of 2.5 had a bug where you couldn't climb out of water onto 1 combo wide tiles, making it impossible to climb out onto vines in certain places which made it impossible to complete the red tunic sidequest. That's been fixed in the final release of 2.5 though.

#2269 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

The message is written is written by enemies, they are just telling you to leave. But I can't remember the phrase I put, but what you need to do is look behind the bookshelf, with your sword. Hope that helps.

I am playing this game, again and really enjoying it. I am in the Windmill and using my sword behind the bookshelves and it doesn't work I am using the latest 2.5 version

#2270 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

Sorry, for the late response.  I am now following this topic.  I didn't see this post, so again, sorry about that.  Which version of 2.5 are you playing, because someone confirmed that it should be beatable on 2.5 including this part.

Here is a video of me doing that puzzle if needed:

https://www.youtube....h?v=uPbb_0VOD40 at around 7:15.

FYI, I am now following this thread... >_<

#2271 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

Quest is fully playable on 2.5.  I think the only thing you couldn't do was the cave of ordeals.  Well, you could do it, as it puts you on B99 right away, so there's only 2 rooms to go through.  Though gold mail really doesn't help much against the bosses, but in the overworld and dungeon mains, it does help.  Boss summary:

level 1:  no real problems

level 2:  no problem as long as you shoot and run

level 3:  maybe make the moving floors loop around so that if you miss the targets, you can cycle back around for another try instead of taking forced damage

level 4:  this is where it starts getting unfair.  Dodongo does 4 hearts base (!?), is hard to dodge its roll, and if you miss the bomb when it's horizontal, you're FORCED to take its fire damage, doing 4 hearts per hit, and you'll take 2 hits to boot.  Dead very quickly if you make a tiny screw up.  And mind you, armor makes no difference here.

level 5:  actually the first mini boss has one of its attacks doing 4 hearts regardless of armor.  I think the 3rd one you can get permastuck on if you run out of wizzrobes to reflect magic off mirrors

level 6:  with boss, spikes that come out are pretty hard to avoid given they're unpredictable and don't give you enough time to notice them

level 7:  hard to avoid fire lines unless you know where to stand beforehand.  

level 8:  when you hammer boss's shield, I think you HAVE to take damage after, as you can't get out of the way in time

ganon:  failure to reflect shot back does 4 hearts base damage.  Gold mail does nothing to help.

So for the most part, would have been better to lower base damage so that screwing up doesn't get you killed in short order.  1 heart early on, maybe 1.5 hearts at the back end bosses

#2272 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

Well, again, when I made Hero of Dreams, I said pretty point blank that I was really going for a NES style, you keep dying and until you learn the patterns, that's when you beat it.  That was how the Hero of Dreams was built.  When my siblings were playing the levels, and during the final testing, that is when I decided to make it easier.  It is part of the reason why, I didn't release the Hero of Dreams for a full year when I was finished.  I needed to polish it, because I realized, that people didn't want to play the game like I wanted it to be played.  So I weeded a lot of the NES style out of the game during the polishing stages.  However, the game was built from the ground up that way.  So, I am not going to get rid of that style because then it would have been making a new game.  Everything that you mentioned, yes, I meant those.  You miss the target, you pay.  :)   Also 2.10 didn't have 1.5 hearts.  It was .5, 1, 2, 4.   Now, think of how it would have been in Level 3 were the lava used to take 2 hearts and the platforms were faster. LOL... good ole polishing.

Again, you mention, "Regardless of armor" many times.  Again, the version didn't let it be possible to change that.  That was out of my hands...

So out of all of the things mentioned, the only Regret I have was adding the Cave of Ordeals in 2011 in my update to the game.  I guess I was just tried of people saying how easy the game was and such, so I made it for the challenge people.  It was just supposed to be a challenge minigame.  However, all I ever heard was that it was too hard and that the price wasn't good.  I didn't want to put the gold mail in my game.  I only did it because I had people complaining that the gold mail wasn't in the game, so did it as a joke because you were already completing the game at that point.  It was more to say, hey I beat the impossible Cave of Ordeals.  lol.  But that area got the reserve reception.  People didn't think of it as a optional area.  So if I ever update the game again, that area will most likely be removed.  The only thing that is keeping it there currently is the fact that it has good storyline hints about Chapters of Enova.   ;)

Again, the Cave of Ordeals bug that you mentioned of "2 rooms", that was fixed in an update.  Somehow on a small update, I messed up the warping, so that bug has been fixed for a while now.

#2273 gudii

gudii

• Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:52 AM

In the Wondering Tree there is a bug I think, I cannot progress further. The map even seems to be different from the YouTube playthrough. And what are these arrows on the ground in this section.

#2274 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Either the dead man volley is bugged in the final battle in 2.50.1 or i just suck at it. What's the right time to hit the ball?

Edit: Nvm, mannaged to beat the final boss. Guess i just suck at dead man volley.

Edited by Norzan, 23 November 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#2275 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

For some reason, I got unfollowed with this thread somehow, so I am sorry for the last responses...

In the Wondering Tree there is a bug I think, I cannot progress further. The map even seems to be different from the YouTube playthrough. And what are these arrows on the ground in this section.

I never heard of a bug, so I don't think you are seeing it, I think it is just different from the playthrough you are watching.  I did remake the Wondering Tree on an Update released in 2011.  I am thinking that is what you are seeing.  If you catch my playthrough on my Youtube channel, it should walk you through the correct way. 

The arrows is just something you have to remember to get past the "lost maze" a few rooms ahead.  I am thinking you didn't bomb the north wall on the west most room on that dungeon.  The Grass will reveal an arrow pointing to the wall.  Let me know if you have any troubles.

Either the dead man volley is bugged in the final battle in 2.50.1 or i just suck at it. What's the right time to hit the ball?

Edit: Nvm, mannaged to beat the final boss. Guess i just suck at dead man volley.

I like that name, Dead Man Volley.  With combo cycles, it depends on how fast you need to press it.  You always need to press it when it is right in front of you.  I made it so that if you press sword earlier, it will miss.  Not a lot of people know that and I can hear continuous presses which will cause it to hit you. :/   Glad you beat the final boss! :D

#2276 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:38 PM

@Shoelace; I think Dead Man's Volley is the official term for the the various tennis matches (like Ganondorf from OoT, Puppet Zelda from TP, Phantom Ganon from WW and such) in the official Zelda games. And yeah, I also like the name.

I don't know if it is a bug, but Patras and Gleeoks in the Cave of Ordeals remain dead in subsequent excursions to that dungeon.

Edited by Norzan, 03 December 2015 - 09:39 PM.

#2277 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:42 PM

It is just the limitations of ZC 2.10.  I haven't looked if 2.5 can get those enemies to return, but 2.10, once they are dead, they are dead. lol

• Norzan likes this

#2278 csharporbflat

csharporbflat

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

stuck lvl 6. I seam to be short a key. I need to open a lock in b1. I have the big key, but cannot get to the mirror shield chest without the key. I don't know what I am missing. There is one room on B1, which I did not enter yet, I suppose the key is there, but I cannot figure out how to get there. I am really lost at this point and would love to continue this quest

#2279 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Basement has a couple keys - one after taking out a couple digdoggers, the other after taking out a manhandla 2.  

#2280 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

I forgot the solution to the desert maze and it's drove me nuts. 

Any advice here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users