• Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God

ItLKotBBG%20Logo_zpssj468tso.png

Genre: Stroy/Driven Miniquest

Released on October 2015 to the PureZC Database

Designed by Moosh & Russ

Description:

This strange quest came to be when Moosh and Russ found out they were very fond of each other and wanted to compare the sizes of their bananas... Oh wait.. That's not how it went? 

Welcome to In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God, a goofy miniquest made by Moosh and Russ and originally developed for a 2 week contest and was highly considered by Moosh to be like an Isle of Rebirth DLC. The quality of this quest is incredible considering the short time it took to make this quest and I believe it won the Superlatives Quest of the Year for 2015 when it was finally released last year. This quest in total contains 4 dungeons and 1 super dungeon. 

This story reflects on a past battle between Moosh and Akuma. Akuma who destroyed the ancient kingdom in Fendora and nearly killed off everybody in the land. Akuma would have had his way if Moosh not showed up to aid the people in their darkest hour. Being too evenly matched, Moosh had no choice but to build the Temple of Seals with the help of a few remaining survivors to seal away Akuma. Before Moosh ascended from the world, he promised that one day an avatar would appear and defeat Akuma for good. He bestowed among the people Moosh's Staff and 3 crystal bananas which would serve as the key to Akuma's prison.

In present day, a boy named Finnigan discovers that he has become Moosh's Avatar and has now inherited Moosh's powers, it will now be his destiny to defeat Akuma. Finnigan's best friend Xaya seems to be mysteriously linked to this legend as well, which will inevitably take them both down very different paths as this quest unfolds. 

Stream and LP Information:

Fortunately, I am still streaming this quest. You can catch me streaming on either Friday or Saturday every weekend or every second weekend. I will be playing both Finnigan and Xaya modes of this quest. All video uploads will be shared here of course. 

-----

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (01 - Village of Moosh) 

default.jpg

(Duration 23:08)

Description:

"Two weeks to 1.5 years" - LejesR @ 3:48

"We do not reuse jokes here, unless you're ***" - Moosh64 @ 13:17

"I guess bumping into things all day causes brain damage in the long run" - Jamian_ZC @ 18:23

This story reflects on a past battle between Moosh and Akuma. Akuma who destroyed the ancient kingdom in Fendora and nearly killed off everybody in the land. Akuma would have had his way if Moosh not showed up to aid the people in their darkest hour. Being too evenly matched, Moosh had no choice but to build the Temple of Seals with the help of a few remaining survivors to seal away Akuma. Before Moosh ascended from the world, he promised that one day an avatar would appear and defeat Akuma for good. He bestowed among the people Moosh's Staff and 3 crystal bananas which would serve as the key to Akuma's prison. 

In present day, a boy named Finnigan discovers that he has become Moosh's Avatar and has now inherited Moosh's powers, it will now be his destiny to defeat Akuma. Finnigan's best friend Xaya seems to be mysteriously linked to this legend as well, which will inevitably take them both down very different paths as this quest unfolds. Finnigan heads northwest to the Temple of Winds to collect his first Crystal Banana. 

Credit:
myWizards @ deviantart.com for title image.
Moosh & Russ @ purezc.net for sharing their Zelda Classic quest. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 31 July 2016 - 09:50 AM.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Heh. I think you are going to love this one, although it may not be difficult enough for you. It's probably my favourite of the quests in which Moosh was highly involved, for despite being short, it has enough going on to make it interesting, and re-playable.

• TheLegend_njf likes this

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

Heh. I think you are going to love this one, although it may not be difficult enough for you. It's probably my favourite of the quests in which Moosh was highly involved, for despite being short, it has enough going on to make it interesting, and re-playable.

I beat this one before, I remember the final boss being a bit of a challenge. The difficulty also seems nerfed since I last played too.

The main reason I'm streaming this series now is because it's official release and I couldn't record videos the last time I played this because I didn't have my own computer. 

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

For a Moosh quest, the final boss wasn't terrible. I haven't played since the initial release, s perhaps i shall replay it; or I'll just watch the LP.

I do hope you're going to read the text aloud, as there isn't too much of it, and it makes the LP more interesting. No worries if you aren't, but if you do, it'd be enough to distract me from documentation, to watch it. :D

• Avaro likes this

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

The first video is in the OP. :P It's hard to miss.

PureZC has this way of merging posts if they are posted too soon together, so I just developed the habit to include the first video in the OP nowadays.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 10 February 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (02 - L1 Tower of Winds)

default.jpg

(Duration 29:54)

Description:

"Now it's "Zelda Classic and those shitty tedious block puzzles"" - Moosh64 @ 3:53

"You got an extra life...Zelda doesn't have lives..." - Moosh64 @ 17:04

"*** added more, even buggier winds later on to compensate" - LejesR @ 25:13

"I got through Level 1!! Yay!!!! Banana!!!!!" - NJF @ 29:28

Finnigan challenges his first test within the Tower of Winds where he will overcome various obstacles to obtain his first Crystal Banana and the first step to unlocking Akuma's seal. Do Moosh's avatar have what it takes to accomplish his mission?

Credit:
Aiofa @ deviantart.com for thumbnail image.

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God (03 - Flappy Moosh & Trilby Peaks)

default.jpg

(Duration 33:41)

Description:

Moosh64: NJF may just be a little addicted to Flappy *** (5:05)
LejesR: Flappy Dick (5:13)
oldschoolgamerjim: lol (5:23)
LejesR: Oh that word's not censored. (5:26)
Moosh64: flappycock, holy crap it's flappycock. (5:40)

"Now that's the question of today. Is Zoria a Zora? hahaha! Stay tuned for the answer" - NJF @ 22:46

"does Zoria regain his HP when he dives under water" - Moosh64 @ 23:23

Finnigan, with his first crystal banana returns to the Village of Moosh to try out a diabolical game of the Gods. For the Gods amusement, Finnigan, as Moosh must fly endlessly through the air while avoiding pipes. With no end in site, how long can Finnigan last before he submits to their will? Fortunately, Finnigan is persistent, and despite failing this impossible game with no end or win, he does get far enough to earn the Gods respect and earn himself the Flap Technique. Now, with his new ability, Finnigan heads to Trilby Peaks to seek out his next crystal banana. 

Credit:
myWizards @ deviantart.com for title image

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 14 February 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:49 AM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God (04 - Mountain Ruins part 1)

default.jpg

(Duration 33:53)

Description:

arceusplayer11:
I.............JUST............WASTED.........30.........SECONDS........OF..........YOUR.......LIFE! (3:40)
arceusplayer11: #MooshMemes (3:45)

"use your ninpo" - oldschoolgamerjim @ 7:20

"You.. You throw boomerang at me, and I can throw the boomerang at you, see I can do this all day! You're getting on me nerves with your friggin boomerang.. oh.. AAHH!!! AHH!!!!" - NJF @ 22:45

"That's... But they did!!! But they can!!! They're walking on nothing!!! Everything's walking on nothing!!! Why can't I walk on nothing!! I wanna walk on nothing like everything else apparently in this room." - NJF @ 23:21

Finnigan explores through the Ice Ruins to obtain his next crystal banana. However, this place is a little larger and more complex than the Tower of Winds and will surely take some more time. However, things get easier when Finnigan obtains the Fire Rod which helps him navigate the ruins easier and solve more puzzles he could not before.

Credit:
Moosh @ Russ @ purezc.net for sharing their Zelda Classic quest. 
digital-fantasy @ deviantart.com for thumbnail image. 

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (L2 - Mountain Ruins part 2)

default.jpg

(Duration 40:06)

Description:

Finnigan explores deeper into the Mountain Ruins using his new fire rod, allowing himself to collect enough keys to get into a room containing an Ice Golem who is the protector of the ruin's treasure. Finnigan defeats the Golem and earns his second crystal banana. 

Credit:

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (06 - Tropical Autipelago)

default.jpg

(Duration 30:04)

Description:

"Hello! My name is Grant and I'm gonna stream a video game! You know those things that's consumed my life! I have no life! My life has turned into a blue flying bear surrounded by bananas! I wouldn't mind a banana right now." - NJF @ 0:10

"250 on normal. 10 on hardmode. Balanced game" - Moosh64 @ 11:55

"Zachary has better memory than Müsh." LejesR @ 15:21

"I know what flippers does! Which doesn't really make sense! It's not like if I didn't know how to swim I'm just gonna put on a pair of flippers and suddenly I know how to swim!!!" - NJF @ 19:57

"And so the flippers fall out of a passing airplane, coincidentally at the exact moment you defeated that shallow water Zora." - LejesR @ 20:33

""You got a book of swimming lessons"" - Moosh64 @ 20:37

Exploring Fendora overworld with the Fire Rod, Finnigan discovers a Zora hidden within Zora's Grove that has battle powers far beyond that of a normal Zora. Defeating this Zora earns Finnigan a pair of flippers which he can now use to explore the Tropical Autipelago. Here in this region, Finnigan will find a temple that houses the last Crystal Banana that he will need to complete his quest.

Credit:

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:09 PM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God (07 - L3 Flooded Temple part 1)

default.jpg

(Duration 26:23)

Description:

LejesR: You've got to join the Let's Play cartel. (7:14)
LejesR: They make you sign a contract in blood and everything. (7:23)

"Yes!! It's time... to see who's better, man vs. spider once and for all... JAAAH!!! Jesus!! What kind of spider are you?!?! Fuck off!!! uah... Jeeezus!!! What is this the spider from fuckin' hell?!?! Holy... Ju.. Jeeezus!!! Uhhhh... aauhh... The man has failed against the spider.. The spider has shown his dominance once and for all..." - NJF @ 12:30

Finnigan explores the Flooded Temple where the third crystal banana is located. However, at the time of his entrance, the temple is far from what you would consider a flooded state. Either way, Link pursues through the temple and confronts an overpowered tektike. Defeating the tektike earns him the Ice Kunai which allows him to freeze the waters from the floors below and gains him access to new areas within the temple. 

Credit:

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:50 PM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (08 - Flooded Temple part 2)

default.jpg

(Duration 24:48)

Description:

"Moosh thinks deeply about how to assemble rectangles into a laser light show." - LejesR @ 6:22

Moosh64: woooot (19:00)
Moosh64: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT (19:04)

"YOU JUST GOT MOOSHED, SON" - Moosh64 @ 20:55

After solving a clever ice block puzzle. Finnigan discovers a floodevator which allows him to rise the water level to the next floor. Knowing now that his objective is to re-flood the Flooded Temple, Finnigan pursues to locate the 2nd floodevator. However, Finnigan must solve a really difficult block puzzle using his Kunai to assist him before he's able to move on. Eventually, Link locates the 2nd floodevator.

Credit:
Moosh @ Russ @ purezc.net for sharing their Zelda Classic quest.

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (09 - Flooded Temple part 3)

default.jpg

(Duration 23:09)

Description:

"Wanna go out and get the wind tech? :p" - Moosh64 @ 19:23

After finally re-flooding the Flooded Temple and solving all its puzzles, Finnigan earns the boss key on the top floor and takes it immediately to the entrance room to use it to access the monster's chamber. The creature that guards this crystal banana is a Master Gel. A giant gel like enemy surrounded by many regular gels. This battle turns out to be tough for Finnigan, but he prevails and earns his 3rd and final Crystal Banana. He is now ready to break Akuma's seal. 

Credit:
Moosh @ Russ for sharing their Zelda Classic quest.

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

(Note: I will now be adding polls to each video where you can rate each video individually. Please check the (i) in the top right corner to rate this video on youtube today!)

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (10 - Final Preparation)

default.jpg

(Duration 29:19)

Description:

""What is in here?" Out. :P" - Moosh64 @ 1:56

"Wait wait wa wai wa wah?! Why the.. Wha? WHYY!?!? Why did the music just change to Flappy Moosh?!?! MOOSH!!! Why?!?! What's goin... hahaha!!! What is this?!?!" - NJF @ 27:49

Moosh64: what (28:13)
Moosh64: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT (28:17)
LejesR: yessssss (28:23)

Finnigan finally has all 3 crystal bananas and he's now ready to break Akuma's seal. He learns from the villagers that the elder and Xaya are both already at the temple waiting for him. Finnigan makes a few final preparations before entering the Temple of Seals. 

Credit:
realityDream @ deviantart.com for thumbnail image.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 11 March 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

NJF Plays In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God [Finnigan] (11 - L4 Temple of Seals part 1)

default.jpg

(Duration 35:50)

Description:

"So, time to take out the final AAAH!!!!" - NJF @ 20:51

Finnigan enters the Temple of Seals to help Xaya and the elder break the seal on Akuma before his power returns to him, but in a shocking turn of events, Xaya reveals herself to have free movement and reveals that she is Akuma's avatar. Xaya plans instead to return Akuma to his full power. 

Xaya advises Finnigan and the elder to enjoy the few hours they have left while they wait for Akuma to destroy them all. She also threatens Finnigan with death if he follows her. Despite this, Finnigan follows her deep into Akuma's throne to try and convince her to stop. However, she attempts to deliver her promise and tries to destroy Finnigan and fulfill Akuma's wishes. Finnigan is in a tight situation as he is forced to fight his best friend in a battle to the death.

Credit:
myWizards @ deviantart.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users