ZC

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#181 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

Now true pain and suffering becomes a reality. Welcome to your undoing Melee; Evan's grand champion, Stan. You may never stomach the extreme endurance and patience necessary to defeat Zelda Classic's hardest boss. There is no shame in backing out now. On the other hand, there is not much reason to give up because you have come so far and might as well go all the way. May the day come the Black Wizard defeats Stan and becomes the proud owner of...

Spoiler

#182 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

It's almost easier in the long run just to do nothing on the first few tries just to get attack patterns down.  Once the first phase is solid, then work on the 2nd part, looking for cues on what attacks are coming and when.  Brute force tanking doesn't work well here.  Once you get a decent read on what's coming and learn how to react to the attacks, then you can last long enough to wear the boss down.

Take quests like HR and TTT.  Learning patterns and how to dodge stuff goes a long way

#183 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

You would ultimately want Gold arrows for the fight. they are in an arena in the sky on a screen you skipped entirely(needs portal sphere)

Also missing a magic container. with that last container, you'd be able to use Nayru's love twice.

#184 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

So after watching that last video... don't give up. Seriously. If you go up into the clouds, you can get gold arrows. Gold arrows kill the egg in 16 hits. This is totally a doable boss fight, you're just going about it with the wrong equipment. Just hit him from afar with gold arrows, don't get close enough to melee him.

Regarding needing all 30 hearts, that's for another optional boss boss. You don't need to worry about him to beat this one or get the gold arrows. And just as a tip, when you're using the bloody staff, it's better to rapidly pulse it on and off, so you don't waste magic during an enemy's invincibility frames.

Seriously though, you're so close. Don't stop now.
  • KingPridenia likes this

#185 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

I'd like to recommend tapping the button when using the bloody staff as opposed to turning it on and leaving it on. You'll get the same damage output while conserving A LOT more magic. The boss arena will allow you to get some real practice with that weapon.

This item should help you with "most" things now. But that doesn't mean you should use it as a crutch since there are better strategies than staffing everything you see. :P

Ps: you have over 700 rupees. Use potions for crying out loud!! You could easily beat Blighted Abyss on Hero if you use potions more than you currently do.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 14 August 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#186 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Part 65 (Final for now)

Not every story has a happy ending.  Then again, I never said this story was over, did I?

Regarding the staff, I was always under the assumption that when I deactivated it, the orbs would disappear instantly.  If this is not the case, I never noticed it.

@NewJourneysFire:  What are you talking about?  I was using using potions the entire time.  I was just using reset instead of continue so I didn't have to waste time and money buying potions over and over again.  I did this for most of the boss fights in this quest.

Also, if/when I do the thing in the clouds, it'll be part of the bonus video(s) as well.

#187 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

@NewJourneysFire:  What are you talking about?  I was using using potions the entire time.  I was just using reset instead of continue so I didn't have to waste time and money buying potions over and over again.  I did this for most of the boss fights in this quest.

I meant during the level itself. With the way you were playing, you would have had a much easier time going through the Abyss using potions. So much to the point that I am confident you shouldn't have much trouble getting through this level on Hero Mode if you used potions more frequently. 

Also, you don't need 30 hearts to get the Golden Arrow. 30 hearts is for fighting another option boss located in that same arena.

It's a shame to hear that you're making this your final video. :(

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 14 August 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#188 MeleeWizard

MeleeWizard

Best of both worlds.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

I guess that's just me being stubborn.  For the record, the fact that I'm recording myself doing all this hasn't really changed my play-style all that much.  What you see is what I am.

Edit: I never said I was giving up on this.  I'm just moving on to something else while I still work on beating this thing on the back burner.  Be honest; how many videos of me failing would you be willing to watch before you got sick of it?

Edited by MeleeWizard, 14 August 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#189 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Regarding the staff, I was always under the assumption that when I deactivated it, the orbs would disappear instantly.  If this is not the case, I never noticed it.

The rationale behind using the staff in a pulse-like fashion is saving magic.  You activate it and turn if off right after hitting the enemy or if you miss badly.  Reasoning here is that you can't hit the enemy in its invincibility frames, so it's not useful to keep the staff on during those times.  When pulsing it, usually by the time you use the staff again, you should be able to hit the enemy again.  This allows you to get more bang out of the staff. 

The same actually goes with the lens of truth in using it in a pulse method.

Maybe for this boss, it may not hurt to take a few test runs just looking at its attack patterns and learning how to read the attacks to see when you can get your hits in.  It almost seems more like an endurance battle than simple tanking, with distance attacks being more useful.

Well, I'm thinking the next quest should be a shorter one just to unwind a bit

Edited by pixcalibur, 14 August 2015 - 03:21 PM.

• TheLegend_njf and KingPridenia like this

#190 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

Ooh, I'm excited for the next quest!  But seriously, if you didn't read my comment on YouTube, GET THE GOLDEN ARROWS!  Also there's a phase 3, so... good luck with that.

#191 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

Edit: I never said I was giving up on this.  I'm just moving on to something else while I still work on beating this thing on the back burner.  Be honest; how many videos of me failing would you be willing to watch before you got sick of it?

In that case, I know how you feel. I was planning on doing the same.

But I just couldn't get my mind off it. :P So I just dived right in. :P 

I wouldn't recommend skipping on the Golden Arrows though. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users