Photo

Pokemon: Worst Champion?

Pokemon

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst Champion

Who is the Worst Pokemon Champion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Not sure about the best, but I slayed Diantha with just a Lv. 60-some Dedenne. So, that would be the worst for me of the ones I've actually played.

#17 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Maybe we are forgetting the fact that Lance has 3 dragonites, all of them are lower then level 55. It just goes to show how little variety this champion has, he really ruined gen 2 for me. He's the worst champion by far. 

#18 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

Maybe we are forgetting the fact that Lance has 3 dragonites, all of them are lower then level 55. It just goes to show how little variety this champion has, he really ruined gen 2 for me. He's the worst champion by far. 

I'm not forgetting that at all, I just think Wallace is worse for the reason that I've already explained.

#19 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Well there was a time where I didn't know the weakness of dragon types, hence defeating Lance was harder than it 'should' have been, but I think you weren't actually supposed to know how to beat the dragons until after some trial and error. It's just been too long.

There is a lack of Blue discussion in this thread, mainly criticism of PIDGEOT. WHO USES A PIDGEOT?

Edited by anikom15, 28 July 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#20 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

There is a lack of Blue discussion in this thread, mainly criticism of PIDGEOT. WHO USES A PIDGEOT?

TPP does.

• Russ likes this

#21 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Obviously I have an irrational hatred for Pidgeots.

#22 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Contributors

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Obviously I have an irrational hatred for Pidgeots.

I would say so. From what I know, Pidgeot is actually a fairly decent flying Pokemon...albeit I prefer Dodrio and Hawlucha. :x

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

From the games I've played, I'd say Alder is the worst because you never actually are required to fight him. :heh:

From what I know? I voted Iris, because why. Nothing about it is good, and that... that is no climactic champion music we're listening to.

Also everyone shut up, Lance will always be the best to me regardless of his single-type, he's a good character with the best music in the series, story over.

#24 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Best: Cynthia. Easily the best Champion in the series. Not only does she receive a lot of character development, which puts Lance and Alder to shame, but her team is extremely powerful and well crafted. Her AI is quite impressive, though it could improve (she doesn't switch - Would you keep your Spiritomb on a Weavile that is trying to set up?).

Worst: Lance (haven't fought Wallace). A mixture of Ice Beam and Rock Slide wrecks him completely plus his team is extremely bland. You know there is massive problems with his team when he has to carry around three Dragonites. Another reason why HG/SS were sloppy remakes because they put no effort into fixing that.

#25 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Wallace was a pretty bad champion.  xD

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Another reason why HG/SS were sloppy remakes because they put no effort into fixing that.

Actually, they did.

You could argue about its effectiveness, but there he is with a full-blown dragon master team, without three of the same thing.
  • Dawnlight and The Satellite like this

#27 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Actually, they did.

You could argue about its effectiveness, but there he is with a full-blown dragon master team, without three of the same thing.

That`s the rematch, not the first time around, which was what I was referring to :P

Edited by Orithan, 28 July 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Right, but I'd hardly say that no effort was put into the remake because of that. They did put the effort in, they just put it into a rematch rather than the first go-round. It's effort.

#29 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Right, but I'd hardly say that no effort was put into the remake because of that. They did put the effort in, they just put it into a rematch rather than the first go-round. It's effort.

Lance wasn`t the only problem that wasn`t fixed in HG/SS

#30 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Gonna stop this here. This thread isn't about what HG/SS did or didn't fix. Please don't make this about that, or try to drag it into everything for that matter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users