some help

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#106 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

I beat Level 14, but I realized that there is still a room that I haven't gotten to which is right next to the room where I got the Lense of Truth.  How do I get to that room.  I used the Lense of Truth in that room, but there wasn't a bombable wall or walkthrough wall.

**Nevermind it was the triforce room.**

Edited by piglet497, 20 September 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#107 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:00 PM

This is a supplementary post for anyone who's looking for tips on this game and was wondering what the latest update was about or read earlier about the issues with Kholdstare. The issue with that boss should now be resolved so that it works in older versions of ZC.

Also, there's currently an LP of this game if you want to see what it looks like to play it.

#108 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

I did not see it anywhere here unless i missed it, but where can you buy regular bombs.  I have been killing enemies for a good 10 mins now, and have not had one drop anywhere.  I am stuck unless I get some regular bombs.

#109 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:44 AM

I did not see it anywhere here unless i missed it, but where can you buy regular bombs.  I have been killing enemies for a good 10 mins now, and have not had one drop anywhere.  I am stuck unless I get some regular bombs.

Heh, heh... funny story.... the bomb shop isn't available until after you get the Super Bombs. An oversight on my part, but one I may correct on the next update.

Here's a list of some enemies that do drop bombs- Level 1 Darknuts, Level 2 Lynels, Level 2 Moblins, Gibdos, Level 2 and up Octoroks, Level 1 and 3 Goriyas, Bat, Red, Summoner and Wind Wizzrobes Though even that won't do you any good until you get the bomb bag.

#110 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

After much debate, I've decided that since I'm still stalled on part 3 of this series, I'm going to go back and actually script all of the bosses in this which weren't already. To start with, I'm adding in an extra fight at the end for those who earn the level 5 sword and permanent whimsical ring. This will be against Onox in dragon form, as seen here.

fOOLZM6.png

Other scripts will follow as I write them. Once all are done, I'll be releasing what I will consider the final version of the quest.

#111 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

Half a month later...

I'm happy to say that all of the improvements to this quest are now done. All that's left is for me to play through it and make sure everything works (which it should) and that it isn't too hard for me. (Which it shouldn't be.)

Warning! The new version of the quest will require Zelda Classic Version 2.50.2 or better. (Assuming such exists at the time you download it.) The reason for this is that it now performs bitmap drawing and that has been adjusted by that version where it would look wrong in older versions.

Here's a list of the adjustments to the quest. This list will also be included when the quest is updated on the database, so look for that to know when it is live.

*Added Golden Arrow check at entrance of Onox's Lair.
So people won't have to backtrack half the dungeon if they fail to get it.
*Added script so push block puzzles are now permanently solved.
*Fixed a variety of typos.
*Fixed a few minor script errors.
*Added scripted bosses to many dungeons.
*Changed minimap title style.
*Fixed a few solidity errors.
*Overhauled areas with water to prevent getting stuck on the ladder.
*Created a scripted Lens that reveals invisible ghosted enemies.
*Added a shop to sell Potions
*Added optional final boss for those who finish sidequests.
*Added second ending for those who finish sidequests.

New Bosses found in these levels-

Mothula- Level 4
Darknut Prince- Level 9
Phantom Ganon- Level 11
Arrghus- Level 12
Giant Trap- Level 13
Shadow Hag- Level 14
Frypolar- Level 16
Facade- Level 17
Onox (Normal)- L:evel 19
Onox (Dark Dragon)- Extra Final Boss for obtaining the Level 5 sword and completing the trading quest.

I'll post a reminder here once it is available.

• Deedee likes this

#112 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

The updated quest is now live. See the page in the database for full details.

And most of all.. enjoy!

#113 basseboy1337

basseboy1337

• Members

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:28 PM

I'm having a bit of a problem in the quest where in level 2 when i got the bomb bag the bombs never show in my inventory even tho it displays that i have 30 bombs i tried picking up new bombs but that didnt help

#114 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:10 AM

I'm having a bit of a problem in the quest where in level 2 when i got the bomb bag the bombs never show in my inventory even tho it displays that i have 30 bombs i tried picking up new bombs but that didnt help

I'll probably have to make that an item bundle then. I had changed it to a bomb bag because I set the initial amount you can carry to zero and when I got that item in my playthrough I had no bombs. But, because ZC regards bombs as a separate item, I forgot that you actually need to get them too... so yeah. Sorry about that.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you'll probably have to start over, or open the editor and give yourself the new bomb bag; once this is fixed.

Edited by ywkls, 26 May 2016 - 10:17 AM.

#115 General_Milky

General_Milky

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:58 PM

Hit the same roadblock in level 2. How unfortunate. Oh well.

#116 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:26 PM

Hit the same roadblock in level 2. How unfortunate. Oh well.

Did you download the update I made after that was reported? It should be available now. (It is no longer listed as a pending submission for me.) If so, then I'm going to have to take the quest apart to find out what's gone wrong.

#117 basseboy1337

basseboy1337

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

I seem to be stuck again but this time its in level 5 where i cant open the locked door eventho i have a key

It's the first locked door

Edited by basseboy1337, 26 May 2016 - 05:08 PM.

#118 General_Milky

General_Milky

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

Did you download the update I made after that was reported? It should be available now. (It is no longer listed as a pending submission for me.) If so, then I'm going to have to take the quest apart to find out what's gone wrong.

I have not. Starting over now!

EDIT: Well, that's fixed, but the above post of the unlockable door not unlocking is happening to me, too. Welp.

Edited by General_Milky, 26 May 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#119 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

I seem to be stuck again but this time its in level 5 where i cant open the locked door eventho i have a key

It's the first locked door

This may be due to an error caused by switching the dungeons from Nes-Type to interior. I'm going to have to check them all real quick and make sure every door is set up correctly. I should be able to do an update later today.

Edit: Alright, I've checked all of the dungeons that are most likely to cause problems and corrected any I found. You shouldn't have to start over this time, as the combo will change from what it was (nothing) to a lock block.

That being said, I find it ironic that in trying to fix some things; I've caused even more problems. Please be sure to inform me of any more difficulties!

Edited by ywkls, 27 May 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#120 griftersinas

griftersinas

• Members

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:53 PM

I'm having trouble with Phantom Ganon do you have any tips because hitting him at all is troublesome 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users