Photo

Screenshot of the Week 144

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 144 (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Here are your choices!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:08 PM

The variety of the trees is still what kills it for me. It's just bizzare to have such a diversity on a single screen.

#32 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:44 PM

WindStrike, you seriously need to find a new way to design your screens. 6 trees, on a single tree. All at a diffrent color. Do you relize how ugly that looks? You also give the player almost no space to move. Maybe 8 tile that the player can move through.

#33 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

The space to move thing... it's not required at all, as there are absolutely no enemies on that screen. Sorry if you're not aware of that, but that is the case. The cave, on the other hand, has plenty of enemies and plenty of room to move around in. As for the whole trees thing... I'm getting about 2 different opinions, both coming from people who are quite experienced.
- It's too varied making it ugly.
- It's quite beautiful.
Yeah... and I actually like the varied amount of trees because... well, when you're in a forest, what are the odds that every single tree there is the same type? Or what are the odds there there are just 2 types? I probably do need to make it more major in one type of tree, with very few of the others. As for the colors... I just realized that that area looks a little too much like the magic forest... same with the bushes.

As for the pack of five trees... I could just replace it with a big tree, and it'd look MUCH better.

And thank you all for your critism and comments, as I appreciate them a lot.

#34 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

Yes WindStrike. If you were to replace those smaller trees with something bigger, it would look alot better.

Your very diffrent from most of our new members. You actually act very mature about comments, and you don't start flamming people randomly. icon_wink.gif

#35 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

He's not exactly new to ZC: He's been around at AGN for a bit. It's usually the people who are new to ZC entirely, he's just new to PZC.

#36 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

Actually, no. Most of the people who join PureZC, either with ZC experience or not, still act very immature.They cry for attention so badly. But, lets not get off topic like you always do. icon_razz.gif

Edited by /M/, 07 November 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#37 WindStrike

WindStrike

Culex is the bane of my existence.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:58 PM

EDIT: Ok, this old post is now in the Official Screenshot thread.

QUOTE(/M/)
Your very diffrent from most of our new members. You actually act very mature about comments, and you don't start flamming people randomly.

I prefer not to portray myself as a newb. Though my current title of "Newbie" kind of contradicts that...

Edited by WindStrike, 08 November 2006 - 02:59 PM.

#38 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:15 PM

You should probably take this to the screenshot thread in Custom Quest Discussion. The SOTW thread is about the competition.

#39 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE(WindStrike @ Nov 7 2006, 09:58 PM) View Post

IPB Image
Alright... it definitely looks a heck of a lot better. But... concerning the variety of the smaller trees, should I either:
- Dump the dead trees?
- Dump the pine trees?
- Keep it the way it is?
With the addition of the big trees, and a few other tweaks, it makes it really hard to decide which one would be best. Right now, I think it looks perfectly fine, but I think I'd like an expert's opinion better.

Also: Should I really be asking how to improve a SotW entry further here or would it be more appropriate elsewhere?

And wow... I'm looking at the difference between this modified shot and the original... the original almost looks like garbage in comparison. Wow again... I have A LOT of work to do on my other screens.

QUOTE(NoeL @ Nov 7 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

You should probably take this to the screenshot thread in Custom Quest Discussion. The SOTW thread is about the competition.

WindStrike, NoeL has made a point here. This topic is about the screens included in the SotW. You can make a topic in CQD like he said and mention that it is the improved shot from SotW144.

#40 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:31 AM

i voted for noel, I cant say I like your trees, your hud or your link sprites much, but everything else looks nice icon_thumbsup.gif

#41 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:19 AM

Meh, I nulled. NoeL's shot is nice, but it just doesn't feel right. I believe that for a perfect screenshot, everything must tie in. The soldiers and Link don't seem to work out for how advanced that screen is (no offence) it feels like it's like taking MC graphics and putting in the original Link. The screen is so shiny while Link is just plain.

#42 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:08 AM

I guess I should've nulled, too. This was a really one-sided SotW.

#43 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 12 November 2006 - 02:36 AM

That's no reason to null. You're supposed to vote for your favorite shot; that's how the competition works.

#44 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:40 AM

Wow Noel you are the graphics master! Your shots make all other shots look like crap and you make Gashin look like a total noob compared to you. O_O *votess*

Edited by Johan, 12 November 2006 - 07:41 AM.

#45 Siguy

Siguy

�

• Members

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

I only voted for noel's shot because it was the best one there. I think that the perspective is messed up, the characters don't mix with the setting, and the layout is kind of strange. Though it is a nice shot, it just can't compare with other shots that I've seen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users