• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

#61 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:17 PM

Going very well, but you can expect it'll take a few weeks to replay through everything thoroughly.

Yeah, definitely make sure you and your testers take a decent amount of time with bug testing. It's better to make sure to have the quest as polished as possible then to release it early with a few bugs.

In any case, I'm looking forward to its release (if you didn't know yet considering I've said it before :P)!

• WindRobe likes this

#62 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:42 PM

Beta testing is finished and I'm working on a release build now. If all goes well I'll be submitting it in the upcoming days.

To accomodate different player skills and taste, there will be four difficulty levels (hero, normal, easy and very easy). They will work like in Isle of Rebirth. The quest was designed in normal mode and it's what I'll recommend for first time players, but you'll be able to lower the difficulty in-game if you're having trouble.

• Eddy, Avaro, WindRobe and 3 others like this

#63 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

Alright cant wait to try it out right away.

#64 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

Looking forward to it!

I'll probably give it a shot on Normal Mode when the quest gets released. Either way, can't wait for the release!

#65 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'll be playing it in Hero Mode since I already tested it on Normal mode. I'll be recording my playthrough and sharing it on YouTube. I may or may not stream. It depends on the service strength of my new internet provider, which I heard isn't much until their more powerful services become available in my area.
  • WindRobe likes this

#66 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

Have the quest been submitted to the data base just wondering?

#67 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

Have the quest been submitted to the data base just wondering?

You'll know when the quest has been submitted when it appears on the home page.

#68 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

Be patient. He's pretty much doing his last bit of polishing and bug fixing. I say this could take anywhere between a few days or even a week.

But you have reason to be hyped. This is surely going to be quest of 2015. It's also a quest that deserves its place in top 10 in my opinion. So I can't blame you. Lol

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 14 February 2015 - 06:32 AM.

• WindRobe and Demonlink like this

#69 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

Sounds amazing. Remind us again what the differences are between each difficulty mode? Is it only enemy-related? Or are there actual quest terrain or puzzle differences as well?

#70 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

The difference between difficulty modes is only enemy related, so anybody can play even if they're not good ZC players or if they prefer easier games. Everything else is the same (I didn't want to cheese the puzzles; people can ask on the forum if they get stuck).

Darunia, quests are added to the database very quickly, so once I submit it (soon) you will see it on the front page :)

#71 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

Ah, I figured. Thanks. Any chance there's some sort of bonus for playing on the hardest difficulty? :blah: It would be worth a challenge to take a screenshot of a little trophy, haha..

#72 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Beta testing is finished and I'm working on a release build now. If all goes well I'll be submitting it in the upcoming days.

To accomodate different player skills and taste, there will be four difficulty levels (hero, normal, easy and very easy). They will work like in Isle of Rebirth. The quest was designed in normal mode and it's what I'll recommend for first time players, but you'll be able to lower the difficulty in-game if you're having trouble.

What are the differences between difficulty modes? While designing Link stuck in Castlevania, oriinally I had planned Normal mode and Hard mode, which drastically altered many gameplay aspects, including boss algorithms, dungeon design, enemy placement etc. But due to various issues, such as fizzled motivation, IRL issues, Hard Mode was put on indefinite hiatus. Isle of Rebirth has Hero Mode which has doubled damage for all enemies. A Link Between Worlds also has Hero Mode (4x damage). I want to see Hero Mode do something different, like more frequent instant-killer hazards, bizzare puzzles etc. So difficulty curves of Normal and Hero modes can be seamlessly concatenated.

#73 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

Hero mode will have a special ending, and there's also a screen that gives you your score upon completion. As much as I'd like to have different boss algorithms and so on, I spent almost a year making and testing normal mode, and if I add something like that, with a 500+kb script file I'm too scared of breaking things.

• TheLegend_njf likes this

#74 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

One last question: do you plan to submit such major scriptworks, like Ocarina Music Play mechanic, Oracle Magic Rings system, event-depended damage modification, to the script database for easier reusage in future quests?

• ShadowTiger likes this

#75 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

I can explain how I made the ocarina and the rings but these scripts will never be "plug and play" so you'd have to be able to script to get anything to work. As for the difficulty settings, I borrowed Evan's method, so you'd have to ask him.

I'm almost ready to submit so you can probably expect the quest to be out by tomorrow or so.

• Eddy, Avaro, TheLegend_njf and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users