Photo

Legend of Lana DX Director's Cut

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61 Trouble

Trouble

• Members

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hey Lunaria, I have a question.  How do I beat level 8 well the second half of level 8.  Because I'm just lost.  I've found the dungeon item but after that I just feel like I'm running in circles and have nothing than a lot of rupees to show for it. Help please.

#62 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hey Lunaria, I have a question.  How do I beat level 8 well the second half of level 8.  Because I'm just lost.  I've found the dungeon item but after that I just feel like I'm running in circles and have nothing than a lot of rupees to show for it. Help please.

I'll assume you're playing on normal.

Are you missing the big key?
Spoiler

#63 Trouble

Trouble

• Members

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

And that was all I was missing.  Does that mean that that one puzzle involving the moving blocks does nothing?  I was racking my head for way to long on that.

#64 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:15 AM

And that was all I was missing.  Does that mean that that one puzzle involving the moving blocks does nothing?  I was racking my head for way to long on that.

There are two block puzzles in the dungeon, not sure which one you're referring to but...:

Spoiler

#65 Old Man

Old Man

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

I'm stuck in level 6. I can't activate the switches. What do I need for them? I've explored almost everything. I have 17 shards and 16 HC.

#66 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

I'm stuck in level 6. I can't activate the switches. What do I need for them? I've explored almost everything. I have 17 shards and 16 HC.

You activate them with the dungeon item.

Spoiler

Edited by Lunaria, 26 July 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#67 Old Man

Old Man

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:49 PM

Thank you. Now I can finish this level. I really like this game.

#68 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:43 PM

So I have a question out of curiosity.. You mentioned hard mode has different dungeons. How different are they? I know you dislike the IoR normal/hard mode approach, but I do think it has its merits. For example, I like challenging quests in terms of combat, so I usually play on harder difficulties if given the option. But if a quest also changes the dungeon layout dramatically, I might feel like I'm getting cheated out of content, and I'd have to replay it on normal to see the dungeons that weren't in hard. But then I'd be taking less damage from enemies and I wouldn't be enjoying the combat as much. So it can be a double edged sword.

Ideally, I think a hard mode would up damage output and make the enemy ai a little more challenging. But in general, I don't like the concept of delegating certain features to only one difficulty (for example, at one point you gave an example of the optional objectives in Perfect Dark). That would just make me feel like I'm missing out on content by not being good enough to play on hard mode. Even in stuff like this quest, without knowing how much the dungeons change between difficulties, I'd worry that I'm missing out on some awesome normal mode dungeons by playing on hard.
  • Evan20000 likes this

#69 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Russ: It's kind of hard to answer that perspective from me given that I made it. But personally the idea I had with the re-wamped dungeons was to offer the same type of experience, just harder. The main appeal for hardmode in this quest was to offer replay value though, the difficulty selection process at the starts mentions that hard is for those who have played/beaten the quest before. But I leave that choice to the players, because I'm fairly certain that there are players who know full well that they'd probably not get any enjoyment out of normal.

Design wise, level 1 through 4 got the most sweeping changes for hard mode, what a lot of additional rooms and leaps in logic. But many, if not most, puzzles are still based on the same ideas as the normal version. Level 5 through 7 only have fairly small changes, since I was already of the opinion that they were large enough in scale and did not need to be expanded. Level 8 is the odd one out since the reverse treatment was needed. Level 8 was one of the biggest complaints with the original quest, despite attempts at making it easier/more manageable. So instead I made a completely new dungeon for level 8 in normal mode and left the old one for hard. The new level 8 still features similar themes as the old one..., just not as extreme/stupid.

But like I said at top, I can't really judge how well I succeeded with this, but the goal here was to offer the same experience: but harder, and also mess with the expectations of returning players. (To make any replay a bit more interesting). So rather, it's probably better for players who have played both modes to chime in on this than it is for me. :I

#70 Mario

Mario

• Members

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:28 AM

I am stuck on level 7 on hard...

Spoiler

#71 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:45 AM

I am stuck on level 7 on hard...

Spoiler

It's solvable but it requires a bit of outside of the box thinking, and hard assumes you're familiar with the regular level structure enough.

Spoiler

#72 Mario

Mario

• Members

Posted 08 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

Spoiler

#73 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

Hmm well, you're missing at least one key from the earlier parts of the dungeon then....

Spoiler

#74 Mario

Mario

• Members

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:08 PM

yup, that was what i was missing. Thanks

#75 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

So I've been playing this on and off for quite a while now, and I just started going through the Temple of Souls. I noticed I need the Gold Arrows to progress, and I found some in a shop that costs 510 rupees... though I can only carry up to 500. So I'm very sure I missed a wallet upgrade somewhere, but where is it?

I found some moon symbols on the floor (one in the mountains and one in Tropara) that look like this:

91137b2fe32a467c891312df5ae4e664.png

Do these actually do anything or are they just there for decoration?

Edit: Nvm, finally found the next wallet upgrade. Though there really should've been a hint or something rather than hiding it on a random screen like that (unless birds on a screen mean there's a secret or something, then that would be fine). Still dunno what's up with the moon symbols though...

• Mani Kanina likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users