some help

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#46 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

I got bugged out on the Kholdstare fight.  Managed to kill it and then the game froze during the explosions.  Happens all the time when I replay the fight.

This happened to me also many times can't go any further

#47 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

I've been reading over how people are getting stuck, but I just got this from the beginning and beat 9 levels already 0 games.

#48 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

I just beat Kholdstare using my sword. Everything went fine. I have windows 7 and can't use full screen zplayer.  It doesn't work right for me in full screen so I use zclaucher and put it on screen mode: windowed, screen resolution: 1280x960. Limit FPS: yes, Show FPS: No.  I know when I have trouble on some intro screens when there is dialogue, where you have to keep pushing A button to get the story to move on it crashes on me. When that happens I use zclaucher and use a smaller screen, to get me by it. When I get to a part where I can save then go back to a bigger screen.

Don't know if this will help but it might be worth a try or it might be something else causing the crash for you.

I'm using the newest build also. You may want to try it at a smaller window if that size doesn't work. These are just some thoughts. Just trying to figure why it worked on mine and not others.

Edit: To clarify I first used the Rod of Seasons with the power of the Magic Book until he jumped apart then I use the sword on him.

Edited by Artistic, 05 March 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#49 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

I have the newest build, have not tried zlauncher, but did try again (7th time) and have the same problem

#50 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:27 PM

Tried the zc launcher and still the same problem

#51 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

Tried the zc launcher and still the same problem

Sorry! I guess that is not the problem. Was just trying to help.

#52 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:49 PM

it was worth a try and I learned a little something about zc launcher. Thanks!

#53 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

You can go ahead to the next and final level without finishing level 18 it seems

#54 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

I finish this quest, I got warped back to Hyrule. Is that what was suppose to happen? There wasn't any credits at the end?

Thanks!

#55 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

I finish this quest, I got warped back to Hyrule. Is that what was suppose to happen? There wasn't any credits at the end?

Thanks!

ya just go north from house then west talk to person there and game will end

#56 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

ya just go north from house then west talk to person there and game will end

Thanks! I found them. I push the talk button before but nothing happen this time it did.

Congratulations Darunia on beating this quest.

• WindRobe likes this

#57 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

Having trouble finding the key to enter level 11... any ideas?

#58 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Having trouble finding the key to enter level 11... any ideas?

There is a group of darknuts in the field outside the dungeon. When you beat them, a key appears.

I still don't know why some people are having trouble with the Kholdstare fight. The only way I can test it without going through the whole game is by setting up the game to start me in that room with the items I'd have when I get there and fighting him then. Both times that I've done this, I felt I needed to use the Rod of Seasons with the power of the Magic Book to win; although I did use my sword too. And both times he died and dropped a heart container for me. I still haven't gotten a reply to my inquiry into this issue, so I may have to post a thread asking for help and see what people suggest.

On another note, I'm planning another update over the weekend if no more bugs are reported. The latest build will include a modification to the NPC script so that the people at the end of the dungeons will talk to you, heal you and warp you out automatically once you're close enough. I've also changed all keys to Level-Specific Keys.

And, since someone noted that how you talk to people isn't obvious: I'll probably have a mandatory explanation of that at the beginning of the game. And switch the button you press to Ex1, just because I don't like it when the item I have equipped switches when I speak to a person or read a sign. If there are any other improvements (such as tile errors) that need to be made, please let me know.

But don't ask me to script anything, cause I'd probably take as long to do that as I did making this game to start with.

#59 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

Stuck in level 15 now...   http://postimg.org/image/s0i6gvwkz/

Looks like I'm missing a key... but I have the big key, and am guessing that behind door number 1 is the mirror shield!

#60 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

Stuck in level 15 now...   http://postimg.org/image/s0i6gvwkz/

Looks like I'm missing a key... but I have the big key, and am guessing that behind door number 1 is the mirror shield!

You should be able to get 4 keys before reaching that door. 3 of them are needed to get to the boss key. One is through a warp to a small elevated platform. One is on a balcony below the main path to the boss key. One is on an alternate route you can take before going to the boss key. And the last one requires beating a group of enemies on a lower floor on your way there. The room in question is here.

Spoiler

And no, the Mirror Shield isn't behind that door. But it isn't too far away from there, either...

I hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users