Photo

DarkMatt's "Fun in the Sun" 8-bit Extraordinaire!

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#211 FredFlinstone

FredFlinstone

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Any body got any hints on where to find the "Red Ring".  I have all the keys.  Darkmatt really hid them well.  Solved the x marks the spot puzzle, after being shown (by DarkMatt) that you can do something in the game that I was unaware of.  Otherwise would have had little trouble with it......  It was actually quite logical!

Spoiler

With enough tries I could kill the final monster without the red ring, but I play these quests to solve the puzzless and find everything.  I could certainly use a hint from someone on where to find the red ring. Not asking for the answer, just a hint.

Spoiler

Is there anyone out there that remembers anything about the red ring in this quest?

Edited by FredFlinstone, 04 November 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#212 FredFlinstone

FredFlinstone

Junior

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

I would be glad to provide answers to any of the puzzles in this quest to anyone who asks, until I find the red ring, then I will never come back.

Edited by FredFlinstone, 04 November 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#213 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

I plan to LP this quest sometime and need to know where everything is.  I was gonna do it blind, but decided to test it and thank goodness I decided to do that.  so with that said, where exactly is the white sword?  NW in a cave from start....not helpful.

#214 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

I point to the left, and say, "Thataway."

Go explore the southwest part of the overworld.

#215 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

where are the flippers exactly in level 8? at least thats what I hear

#216 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

There's no flippers in level 8.

They were in level 7.

#217 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I know this is really beating a dead horse as so many people have been stumped with it but I can't seem to layout the I-puzzle properly. A little extra nudge would be greatly appreciated. I'm so clooose and so many hours put into this custom epic. 

#218 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

I-puzzle?

SPECIAL EDIT: I now know what he's talking about.

Spoiler

Edited by Darkmatt, 15 July 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#219 FredFlinstone

FredFlinstone

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

OK Darkmatt, waited nearly a year.  Solved your quest without the red ring and one of the magic containers last November, found everything else.  Took several tries to beat the Ganon without red ring. Are you in a gracious enough mood to finally give a hint for finding the red ring?  Have I suffered long enough for you yet?

#220 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

I would give it to you, but that means I wouldn't be as impressed by people getting 100% on this quest.

Here is one, and only one, hint.

Spoiler

#221 FredFlinstone

FredFlinstone

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

Are you referring to the "least common" statement, you read for $80 in cave that you can only get to using flippers?

Edited by FredFlinstone, 31 August 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#222 Coyotek4

Coyotek4

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:31 PM

Going through this quest now.  In Level 5, but my question involves Level 1.

There's a room with two shutter doors on the left and right, and the one on the right doesn't open.  There's nothing on the map to indicate there's anything there.  Am I missing something, or is that shutter door just eye-candy?

#223 Darkmatt

Darkmatt

Pastel Heart

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

That would just be eye candy.

#224 Coyotek4

Coyotek4

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

Appreciate the quick response; I can rest easy regarding that issue (and stop pushing/bombing every wall). :)

#225 Coyotek4

Coyotek4

• Members

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Well, I found all the HCs and MCs, completed the first 8 dungeons, got the Silver Arrows (and I assume that the rest of the 'map' in the 'lake' Level 9 can be ignored).  Still do not have the Red Ring, and everything in this thread tells me not to bother looking in Level 9.  Have scoured the overworld, so I can only assume it's someone in an earlier Level.  At this point, shaking my head as to what I missed.  Not sure what's meant by 'least common enemy', as many mini-bosses are one-time enemies.

EDIT#1: Found the Red Ring ... but I can't reach it!  There's a lock box blocking me, and when I go up to it with a Key, it takes the key and doesn't disappear, just like a faulty vending machine!

As for Level 9, there a treasure chest in the upper-right that, for whatever reason, I cannot open ... even with after killing all the Wizzrobes in the room.  If that chest holds the Boss Key, I'm stuck until further notice.

EDIT #2: Was able to open that one treasure chest.  May now have enough to win, though the Red Ring is still out of reach.

EDIT #3: Nope, still missing a Key somewhere.  Dang.

Edited by Coyotek4, 21 September 2014 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users