Link's Awakening Hack - Hard Awakening

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

It is indeed something to return to. The author confirmed it in one of the replies he sent.

#32 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

Can't figure out the pit maze part that you need to complete to get the key to the 3rd dungeon.

#33 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

I've already made it to level 4 in this hack, and now I am really stuck. I already used up two of the keys in that dungeon, and I can't get to the last one, because I need the flippers to get over there. But the problem is, the path that would take me to where the flippers have been moved to is blocked off by a lock block. Also, the owl statue says 'The Ocarina is the last key.' And that doesn't seem to make much sense. I've tried playing the stupid Ocarina everywhere I can think of in that dungeon, and nothing happens. So what on earth is that clue supposed to mean anyway? :shrug:
It's been a couple weeks so I won't be surprised if you got this on your own by now, but since nobody else has answered this (and in case anyone else is having the same problem):

If you've used two small keys and killed the miniboss, you're on the right track. Return to the entrance and take the warp to get past the deep water in the miniboss room itself to move forward.

As for the owl hint, it's not misleading.
Spoiler

#34 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Indeed. This is the key to beating the dungeon. I have stopped on Level 5 since I have not been playing too much. I think I may need to farm more rupees for the bow right now.

#35 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ok, for those that did this. How in the hell did you get out of the pothole prairie after getting the slime key?

#36 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

I still can't figure it out. The jumps are far too long to make.

#37 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Yeah, I started playing through it again after taking a bit of a break. Had to rage-quit after the four-block-long jump required to get to the castle area. I put in a save-state prior to making the jump, and spent about a half hour jumping and reloading, and still being unable to get through. I understand the more elaborate and difficult puzzles, but jumps like this are NOT FUN. I'm rather tempted to go into this thing with an editing tool and shortening the four-tile jumps myself.

#38 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yeah, I started playing through it again after taking a bit of a break. Had to rage-quit after the four-block-long jump required to get to the castle area. I put in a save-state prior to making the jump, and spent about a half hour jumping and reloading, and still being unable to get through. I understand the more elaborate and difficult puzzles, but jumps like this are NOT FUN. I'm rather tempted to go into this thing with an editing tool and shortening the four-tile jumps myself.

For that particular part there is another route you're meant to take that doesn't involve a 4 pit long jump. Specifically travel right then up from the where the seashell house normally is. I was told about it when I expressed my displeasure of the 4 pit jumps to the author of the hack while I was still new to the hack >.>"

Edited by franpa, 05 July 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#39 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

I still can't figure it out. The jumps are far too long to make.

I figured it out.

There are 2 rocks that sit right next to the house. You have to make your way to them. There is a clear spot next to the top one you have to jump "around" the pits to get to. Then you just have to lift the stones and jump over the last pit.

This guy obviously was not a fan of going back the way you came. And I agree, the pit puzzles are far over the top.

#40 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

OH

damn, lol. My problem is reaching the key, not getting out. I was trying to achieve this for a while now and then it occurred to me that this takes me out which isn't what I want xD >.>"

Edited by franpa, 05 July 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#41 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

To get to the key, you can sorta use the same method.

Make it around to the same screen, then go right and open the pits there and you can jump around the same way.

But, again, the pits are a pain. I managed to get over a long hole of 4 pits to get it, sorta the same way you had to in level 2.

#42 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

I contacted the author and he sent me an image of the layout of the lower right quadrant of the maze, hopefully I can solve it now. I kinda feel stupid for never discovering the large bit of land you can traverse there >.>"

Edited by franpa, 06 July 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#43 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Anyone figure out how to get to the boss door in level 3?

#44 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

Yo link, how do you open the first door in level 3? xD And I dunno how you kill the eye in the room next door (Prolly need a power piece).

Edited by franpa, 29 July 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#45 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yo link, how do you open the first door in level 3? xD And I dunno how you kill the eye in the room next door (Prolly need a power piece).

Try all the pushblocks.

Piece of Power.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users