The Forbidden City

• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

#586 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

Since you're doing an update at some point, you might want to look at the level 2 boss. Leaving its room before it's done exploding can have odd effects.

#587 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hey, I have problems to proceed in Lvl 5.

The colored floors are making me crazy  :confused:  Don't have the patience to deal with that sort of things.  :whap:

Found the map, but need another key. I need to proceed to the first boss (Minotaur?) to get the hook I think.

Help me out thanks.

#588 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

Never mind! Figured it out myself and finished Lvl5.

Now heading to the mighty Master Sword!

#589 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:45 AM

Boah, Lvl5 was annoying.. but Lvl6 even more! Hate these cannonballs! ;-)

I managed to get to Aura Lvl6 Boss. Will finish it soon?! Hope so!  :whap: 

How large-scale will Lvl7 in the fire area (western) be? And difficult? Do you have some cheat code in case of emergency ? :cheese: no I will never use them.

Found a good Lets play from "MBWChampion" on Youtube.

Edited by MaximusFred, 13 October 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#590 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

Hi again! I did it!  :nerd:  It was great.

Passed also Lvl 7 and boss, so I finished it the quest ! 
Lvl 7 boss I tried yesterday - was a little bit tired, it was very difficult and did not pass the battle. But today I finished him easy in 2nd try without potion! Unbelievable.

Thank you Jamian for that quest, also mbwchampion for that crazy Let`s Play  :cheese:

But personally I prefer for example "Promised Lands" more as one of Jamian´s quests. But thats only my opion.

Annoying were for example: Lvl 5: Colored floors, Lvl 6: Cannons
Why no (true) red ring? Why a red potion which only fills up 8 hearts? So there is some potential for optimization.

I know I know. It shouldn´t be too easy.
So this is a quest for some Zelda experts. (Ok let me count as one, I´m playing Zelda since Zelda 1 in the 80s)...

Also I prefer quests with 9+ (shorter) dungeons than a quest with 7 longer dungeons.
All in all I would say it´s a stable 3.5 - 4. Remove that annoying dungeon obstacles and it´s a 4 for sure. 

Lvl7 had a great dungeon design.

It´s a great job to do such a quest.
Thank you!

zelda002.png

Edited by MaximusFred, 23 October 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#591 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:52 AM

Hellooooooo!!!! Anyone there ?!?!?! What a great monologue.

#592 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:21 PM

Hi again! I did it!  :nerd:  It was great.

Passed also Lvl 7 and boss, so I finished it the quest ! 
Lvl 7 boss I tried yesterday - was a little bit tired, it was very difficult and did not pass the battle. But today I finished him easy in 2nd try without potion! Unbelievable.

Thank you Jamian for that quest, also mbwchampion for that crazy Let`s Play  :cheese:

But personally I prefer for example "Promised Lands" more as one of Jamian´s quests. But thats only my opion.

I love both quests a lot, but Forbidden City is a huge improvement over the already great Promised Lands for me. xD

Annoying were for example: Lvl 5: Colored floors, Lvl 6: Cannons

I agree about the coloured floors. It should have been scripted so that you only have to do each of these puzzles once.

Why no (true) red ring? Why a red potion which only fills up 8 hearts? So there is some potential for optimization.

Red rings and true red potions are overpowered. I agree with Jamians designchoices here and won't have red rings in my quests either. Damage divisor of 4?? Maybe I'd place it in the final dungeon like in a link between worlds.

I know I know. It shouldn´t be too easy.
So this is a quest for some Zelda experts. (Ok let me count as one, I´m playing Zelda since Zelda 1 in the 80s)...

Also I prefer quests with 9+ (shorter) dungeons than a quest with 7 longer dungeons.
All in all I would say it´s a stable 3.5 - 4. Remove that annoying dungeon obstacles and it´s a 4 for sure. 

Big dungeons are great, as long as they have variety and are fun :D

Lvl7 had a great dungeon design.

It´s a great job to do such a quest.
Thank you!

zelda002.png

My replies are in bold ^

:D

#593 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

I agree the red ring/tunic and red potions are overpowered in their unmodified versions. This is why I have stopped using them as such. They allow you to have so much health that you can just carelessly tank through everything, and you will probably survive no matter what since you can get hit a LOT before dying. You no longer need to play well. Either that, or enemies start dealing extra damage beyond a certain point, and in that case the red ring/potion is just another quest item the player needs to find before he can proceed.

Glad you enjoyed the quest!

• Avaro likes this

#594 MaximusFred

MaximusFred

Zelda Master Of Science

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:36 AM

I agree the red ring/tunic and red potions are overpowered in their unmodified versions. This is why I have stopped using them as such. They allow you to have so much health that you can just carelessly tank through everything, and you will probably survive no matter what since you can get hit a LOT before dying. You no longer need to play well. Either that, or enemies start dealing extra damage beyond a certain point, and in that case the red ring/potion is just another quest item the player needs to find before he can proceed.

Glad you enjoyed the quest!

Hi Jamian

yeah I know I know. You are creating quests for Zelda Veterans / Expert players aren´t you? 

I agree with you a quest should not be too easy! Especially for Zelda experts  :slycool: .

But a red ring is a nice gimmick, having that in your quest it "feels" like more like real Zelda, you know what I mean?

Yes yes, you need to add stronger enemies than (i.e. Patras?!). Yeah, red potion is overpowered, that´s true - but they exist in every Nintendo´s Zelda games. 

So you feel, Nintendo´s Zelda games were too easy?

All in all it´s a questmakers personal preference.

#595 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:28 AM

Red rings are overpowered. But you can always balance it out with stronger enemies and traps which kinda defeats the purpose on a functional level.

I'll add red rings only to give the player a feeling of being more powerful for a time, but soon face stronger enemies to balance things out again.
  • Demonlink likes this

#596 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

There is a red ring in the game. You get it after beating the game.

#597 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

So i just started this quest. For some reason i can't hold more than 5 ruppees, is this a bug?

#598 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:15 AM

There's a wallet upgrade very early on. I think it might be possible to leave the first village without it, but even so, you're strongly guided toward getting it.

#599 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

Then, i somehow missed it. I'm in level 1 at the moment. Any help telling me where it is would appreciated.

Edit: It was inside Link's house. And somehow i missed it. I need a new pair of glasses.

Edited by Norzan, 27 January 2016 - 09:22 AM.

#600 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

Completed two dungeons so far and, i gotta say, i'm really impressed so far. The first two major bosses and two mini-bosses are really creative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users