• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#46 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

Great quest! Where's the boomerang? I think I need it for level 4

There are 3 boomerangs in the game. The first is in the Windswept Jail, level C.  Here's how to get there. You must open a cave to the north of Hyrule Castle (requires the arrows) go through it, switch the time to twilight, go through the cave on the far side and east from there.

Once you have that boomerang, you can get the second boomerang from a shop (if you have the Big Wallet). To get to it, follow these instructions. Start on the north side of Hyrule Castle at twilight. Head east to the fort. Go through it to the far side. Head out the log pipe to the northeast. You'll have to use the boomerang on a switch to open the shop there.

The third boomerang is in the last dungeon.

#47 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

is it bad when you played the quest more times than one and forget how to get too level 3? :confused:

• ywkls likes this

#48 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

is it bad when you played the quest more times than one and forget how to get too level 3? :confused:

If you mean the actual numbered level, where you get the Pegasus Boots; I've already given instructions in this thread.

If you mean somewhere else, like where you get the Lantern or the Strength Glove; then I haven't really posted anything about them because nobody has asked. (Although I'm seriously considering just numbering all the levels and forgoing the whole A-G thing to avoid confusion.)

Edit: On the issue with the save points- I'm currently exploring a scripted solution to that where the script that sets the time of day would set the continue point, but only if the last continue point was on one of the Dmaps with the save point. Once I get it properly tested, I'll upload the updated quest.

Edited by ywkls, 12 November 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#49 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 03:23 PM

There are 3 boomerangs in the game. The first is in the Windswept Jail, level C.  Here's how to get there. You must open a cave to the north of Hyrule Castle (requires the arrows) go through it, switch the time to twilight, go through the cave on the far side and east from there.

Once you have that boomerang, you can get the second boomerang from a shop (if you have the Big Wallet). To get to it, follow these instructions. Start on the north side of Hyrule Castle at twilight. Head east to the fort. Go through it to the far side. Head out the log pipe to the northeast. You'll have to use the boomerang on a switch to open the shop there.

The third boomerang is in the last dungeon.

Thanks.  I had been there, but missed that area!

#50 Mr.Butters

Mr.Butters

Taco Man

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:19 PM

i ment  the gloves

#51 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

i ment  the gloves

There is a crypt to the south and west of Hyrule Castle. You can enter at any time of day. It will lead to the dungeon you want. The only requirements for entry are the bombs, arrows and the level-1 candle.

Edit: My scripted solution to the issue with the save points doesn't seem to be working, since the script is not resetting the continue point. Or something else is changing the map where the continue point is supposed to be.

For the issue with the Temple of Time not working as it should, I'm just going to eliminate that script entirely. Instead, I'm going to make it where the item you get is in the room after each boss and you have to hit the switch there to exit. Outside the Temple of Time will be an NPC who will open a warp to the true Temple of Time (at all times of day) if you talk to him after you get all 4 items.

And completely off-topic, but for some reason Zelda Classic decided to erase all of my saved settings like keys for button presses and what tabs I have as favorites in the lower right corner of the quest editor and some other stuff. No idea why.

Edited by ywkls, 12 November 2015 - 05:03 PM.

• Mr.Butters likes this

#52 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

So Im a little confused of what to do now...

Just beat the Abandoned Villa (level D)... Did some exploring and found level E... got the magic cape... but haven't beaten the boss of Level E yet.

Erm, can't figure out what to do... looking for level 5.  Also, these enemies are hitting like a train... Blue tunic around somewhere? And the re-inforced sword?

Oh yes, and have found two large chests with nothing in them... An orange one in the village in the house with hammer pegs outside, and a red one through the hole in the cloud next to level E. What gives?

Also, if you could make that list of keys, would make life easier....

Edited by Joki, 12 November 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#53 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:27 PM

OgYcgvj.jpg

I've been through every room in Level 6 until I got to this door. Either I'm missing a key or this should be the boss door.

#54 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:04 AM

So Im a little confused of what to do now...

Just beat the Abandoned Villa (level D)... Did some exploring and found level E... got the magic cape... but haven't beaten the boss of Level E yet.

Erm, can't figure out what to do... looking for level 5.  Also, these enemies are hitting like a train... Blue tunic around somewhere? And the re-inforced sword?

Oh yes, and have found two large chests with nothing in them... An orange one in the village in the house with hammer pegs outside, and a red one through the hole in the cloud next to level E. What gives?

Also, if you could make that list of keys, would make life easier....

I wonder what version of Zelda Classic you are using because that might cause an issue with receiving items from the chests.  I hoped you didn't save after opening the chests or otherwise you have to start a new file because the chest in the clouds contains the Reinforced Sword.  Also the Blue Mail lies in the desert through some rocks you have to dash through with the Pegasus Boots.  Though if you have the flippers you have access to the Red Mail though I forgot what time of day you get it.  My recommendations of what overworld chests to open are the ones in the castle(heart piece), the one near the village(Spin attack), the one in the Ocean that you have to swim towards with the flippers(Biggest Bomb Bag), and near Snowfall(Quake Scroll).  The rest contains either money or a Single Red Potion which is worthless given that you can grind for money fast and Potions only set you back 100 with the most expensive item to buy that I know of so far at 500 rupees.

• ywkls likes this

#55 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

@- Spelunker- The key that you're missing is probably the one that requires the Roc's Feather to acquire. It is on the left side of the gap in this room.

0Rrg4Py.png

@Joki- Level 5 is the Noxious Marsh. You need the Homemade Raft to get there. If you download the latest bug-fix, you should find it in the same village as the Abandoned Villa, inside a house where you have to hammer your way inside.

I still haven't resolved the bug with the Save points, but I'm not quite ready to give up yet.

When I do my next bug-fix, I'll probably change all the Dungeons to numbered for ease of figuring out what everybody is talking about. 

I've also added a visible note to the overworld Dmaps that tells you what time of day it is on the subscreen.

For those who've been having problems with the chests, I'll probably do the following.

1. For the Polished Sword, make it where you have to fight enemies to get it to appear. (Drop from the sky.)

2. For the Reinforced Sword, put it behind blocks that are invulnerable to all weapons and make it where you must hit a switch with the Polished Sword to get it.

3. For the Legendary Sword, make it where blocks that are invulnerable to all weapons guard it until you have the Super Bombs.

I'll put up a list of the key locations sometime soon.

• arieltap likes this

#56 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:03 AM

I wonder what version of Zelda Classic you are using because that might cause an issue with receiving items from the chests.  I hoped you didn't save after opening the chests or otherwise you have to start a new file because the chest in the clouds contains the Reinforced Sword.  Also the Blue Mail lies in the desert through some rocks you have to dash through with the Pegasus Boots.  Though if you have the flippers you have access to the Red Mail though I forgot what time of day you get it.  My recommendations of what overworld chests to open are the ones in the castle(heart piece), the one near the village(Spin attack), the one in the Ocean that you have to swim towards with the flippers(Biggest Bomb Bag), and near Snowfall(Quake Scroll).  The rest contains either money or a Single Red Potion which is worthless given that you can grind for money fast and Potions only set you back 100 with the most expensive item to buy that I know of so far at 500 rupees.

I think Im using version 2.5. And thats a bummer that those chests do infact contain goodies.

Can you link to the version of ZC I should be playing this on?

Also where's the bug fix?

Edited by Joki, 13 November 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#57 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

I think Im using version 2.5. And thats a bummer that those chests do infact contain goodies.

You need to be playing on ZC 2.50.2.  I had no problems with the triggers on the old versions of the quest.  If you go to the General ZC Discussion board, there should be a topic that has the name ZC 2.50.2 which has the links on the description.

I also forgot to add in the chest right next to the shop which houses the candle and the Hylian Shield which houses the Big Wallet of my mandatory chest items.

#58 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

The bug fix for the chest in the village with the raft is already up. The others are waiting on somehow figuring out the continue point problems.

At present time, it doesn't look like there is a way to avoid the current continue point set up, since all scripts are cut off by warping and that's the last thing that is done by the script which changes the time of day.

So even though I'm saving what the DMap should be whenever I warp, after the warp; the game says 'we're on a different Dmap now! I should continue here!' I might be able to bypass it somehow in the global script, though the part that controls the time warps there is also at the end since it cancels everything that comes afterward.

Other bug-fixes/changes in the works-

All big chests have been replaced by either just the item or an event.

An NPC opens the last form of the Temple of Time once you have the items needs to get inside. So now you must beat all four bosses of the regular temple to get there.

A visible note appears on the subscreen, reminding you what time of day it is.

At the beginning, Nayru will explain better how and why to use the Harp of Ages; so those unfamiliar with how the game works won't have to wonder how to change the time of day.

On a side note, the script that runs the Day/Night transition should be off in older versions of ZC since the blackout effect would be offset in them and not in 2.50.2. If that's not the case, I have no idea why.

If there's anything else that I need to fix while I'm working on these existing problems, please let me know.

• arieltap likes this

#59 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

I have same issue.  So far found one empty chest in the sky.  I didn't save and just did retry. How do I get the item (I believe it's the sword) from there?

#60 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:35 AM

They're in Turtle Rock. You'll get quite a few so you can finish the dungeon before needing to find the shop.

So, I made it through all the dungeons and did the Temple of Time. I think I encountered a pretty major bug which could make beating the game impossible if I'm right.

Spoiler

This happened to me as well and I have not picked up all the items in the chests I have seen. Now I am unable to go back for them. What items were in the chests?

By the way I have not picked up a single item the NPC's are asking for, not a one. I have however picked up 48 skultullas, ugh, where are those other 2 hehe

I also have not seen any meat, where do I find that?

Edited by Mister Snooze, 13 November 2015 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users