5 years of The Hero of Dreams

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#196 newstarshipsmell

newstarshipsmell

Musky Pawgazer

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Wow, I'm amazed and quite pleased to hear there's an update coming soon... This is hands down the best of all the quests I've played on ZC.

/plays original HoD again so I can appreciate all the new changes.

#197 Colossal

Colossal

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Oct 20 2011, 03:29 PM) View Post

Oh wow. Learn something new every day. That bonus dungeon still Hass me stumped. (oh the puns. They're TERRIBLE)

I have no clue where it is.

K so I know it's in the Temple of Courage, but I have no clue how to get in. I'm right up at the end of the game. Do I have to beat the final boss first or something?

Yes, you have to beat the final boss before you can get to the bonus dungeon.

#198 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

I remember trying to play this game a while back. It wasn't too bad. A bit of the humor attempts seemed to get in the way, but overall it was a very good game. I liked the level design, and the custom bosses were a lot of fun. Anyways, I never finished it, and when I heard that you were doing an update on this to fix some of the issues with the original and add a couple new things, I downloaded it and started playing.

I'm testing this in RC2. My computer can't run 1.90, so this is the only way I can play the game. Apparantly a lot of people are the same way, so I agree that you should try to make the game at least completeable on RC2. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to add little things like an extra vine tile or modifying a warp or two to make it work. You don't need to go with all the extra features, but just make it workable. I would really hate to never be able to finish such a good game because the only version of ZC that works on my computer just isn't compatible.

Anyways, here's the list of bugs I found. I didn't think of taking pictures until I had finished my list of what I've got so far, so I put in as good a description as I could. Note that the version I'm testing is the one available on 10/21/2011. If there was a new version that fixed some of these problems, I'm sorry I didn't update.
  1. Spelling Error
    When the game begins and Link is being called in by his grandfather, "Geeze" is misspelled. The correct spelling is "Jeez", I believe. Even then, I think a different word may fit the situation better.
  2. Grammar Error
    When obtaining Ruto's spare key from Red, he states, "Hiya Link! Are you are looking for Ruto's spare key?..." The second "are" in that sentence should be erased.
  3. Technical Glitch
    When Red stops speaking and the player goes to grab the key, if Link moves down even slightly, the key vanishes and Red needs to be spoken to again to make it reappear.
  4. Visual Glitch
    The treasure chest that the first key obtainin in Ruto's house opens without the player touching it. Either find a way to fix the chest (one idea would be to put whatever seems to open the chest right next to it, so it would be believable that Link opened the chest himself), or just put the key on the floor without it.
  5. Audio Glitch
    The block puzzle in the top-left room of Ruto's house does not play any sound when the door opens. (Not too important, I noticed places in the first dungeon that did the same, but it didn't seem to hurt the game much. More of a "nice if fixed, fine if isn't" case.)
  6. Grammar Error
    When defeating the "Boss" of Ruto's house, in his death message, "Punk" should not be capitalized.
  7. Grammar Error
    During Donmore's first speech to Link, in the sentence "You are one of the links in the bloodline", Link's name should be capitalized. Also, using the word "of" rather than "in" may sound a bit better.
  8. Grammar Error
    During the same speech, after Link asks who Zelda is, it may sound better to use "Not at the moment", or "Not right now" rather than "Not at this moment". The other choices seem to sound more natural.
  9. Grammar Error
    When Link reappears at the Robins' house after defeating the Island Sorrow the speech the character gives there, "Great job my boy on your victory..." needs commas. It should read: "Great job, my boy, on your victory..."
  10. Grammar Error
    In the same speech, after talking about being left a key, there should be a comma after the word "Strange", so that it reads: "Strange, I know."
  11. Grammar Error
    Again, in the same speech. The line "For right now, get some rest Son." needs a comma after the word "rest", so that it reads: "For right now, get some rest, Son."
  12. Grammar Error
    The title for Chapter 2: "The Sail Away From Home" seems to be worded strangely. A better way to word it could be "Sailing Away From Home". or just "Leaving Home".

Finally, I would recommend giving the player the slash ability, if it isn't used as a hidden item/skill later on. The original NES Zelda seemed to not have slashing as a hardware limitation. Personally, I feel that if the graphics and gameplay seem to relate to the Super NES or Game Boy-style Zelda games, then slashing should be implemented. The stabbing animation just doesn't seem to look right compared to how everything else animates.

#199 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

really? icon_heh.gif

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 24 October 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#200 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

So I guess I'll have to replay it on the Lost Isle build and see if that works...which sucks.

QUOTE(chiefbigcalf @ Oct 24 2011, 05:40 PM) View Post

really? icon_heh.gif

Wow. Talk about a short post... icon_eek.gif

#201 frankie

frankie

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

one of the best of the best. icon_smile.gif

#202 newstarshipsmell

newstarshipsmell

Musky Pawgazer

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

Wow, the new version has some really cool changes... I've made it to the Cerbat Shrine so far. The sections of Thieve's Hideout with falling rocks looked pretty terrible in the original version, much improved in the new.

Only two mistakes I've come across:
1) the fortune teller in Autumn Town - if you buy the middle hint, a frame of the original text re: Palm Island is displayed and followed by the updated text for Palm Island and the others.
2) there's a lone rockwall tile along the top row on the screen immediately south of the northern entrance to Cerbat Desert. (I'm assuming that's accidental - I didn't try bombing it or anything.)

EDIT: This Windmill block puzzle is fing retarded. /pushes blocks around more.

Edited by newstarshipsmell, 10 November 2011 - 01:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users