Eiyuu

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#76 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hmm. What does the switch do? (The one after the purple blocks)

#77 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

Do you have to come back to Sanskrit a second time like you do with Brace Dest?? ( I see you can use hookshot in a room on first floor).

I have the heart from the first floor, the map from first basement floor but have not been able to open any chests or get any keys....I have found a lot of warps but none that can take me to where I can open any chests.  The door and warp I opened with reflect have not led to anything of substance.  Those damn blue blocks ...I can't get to critical areas with the blue blocks down to open the path to at least one chest...

One room in particular, if I could warp into that little blocked off NE corner of that room on the east side of B2 I could go through with the blue blocks down and go around and get that obvious chest on B2.  Where is the warp to get me into that little corner of the room ??? ( sorry for no pic, I've seemed to have lost the ability to post pics for some queer reason).

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 13 July 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#78 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Team, I found a minor bug and a game-breaking bug. First of all, you can swim on a mountain wall where the man with the Cane of Byrna is. Speaking of which, you can also walk out of bounds on the bottom-left corner of that same screen. I say that this might be game-breaking because the player can head up-left on the black screen and head into a dungeon they aren't supposed to be in, along with doing the Soul game. I would fix this when you get the chance.

oH37vP3.png

oUcxG41.png

#79 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

What the HECK am I not doing in Sanskrit??  I've been in every room but one ( locked door, and  not been in rooms using hookshot on F1)) just not every section of each room....I've done the EYE and purple blocks, did the reflect which opened the door  to the right side of B2.....but no chests opened; blocked by blue blocks for the most part....HELP... I am going in circles :omg:  :wow:  There has to be some trigger or hidden warp or something I am missing)   Please help.  Thank you.

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 13 July 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#80 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

I've collected two of those wands,, but, there's any sword on this quest...?... I see nothing!!

#81 Shosci

Shosci

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Vravelo, there is no sword in Eiyuu. The Wand is the closest thing to being a sword. It's not that bad though because you can upgrade this Wand along your journey.

#82 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

24mrvxy.png

I suppose that I need to trigger some mirrors here, but nothing work =( Tip?

f2lgcy.png

Can I do something here?

Edited by Air Luigi, 13 July 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#83 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

Both of these rooms have eye statues in them. Try giving them a poke with something sharp and eye statue triggery.

#84 Teamudf

Teamudf

24/7

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Link: It causes the teleporter in the top-left of the room to appear.

Chief: The Hookshot thing is optional.

Spoiler

vravelo: The Wand is your sword in this game. 

Air Luigi: Moosh's hint does the trick, but if you're missing a certain item that likes to have fun with eye statues, you should check the southern part of Plergoth.

Epad: Well, at least now I can push out the next update. I absolutely hate water-based items...don't know why I ever tried giving them another chance.

So since there's a significant bug now, I'm ready for the next update. It fixes a lot of minor things, the major bug. (Hurray for being specific.) I actually also may have found a way to stop the Hookshot from going all weird in that one sideview area, courtesy of Moosh.

I tried adding more hints that lead towards Heart Pieces or Heart Containers since I'm seeing a lot of low counts when looking at screenshots and people play. This doesn't really stop you from finishing the game but it may make the two later boss fights more difficult depending on your play style and other equipment.

I lowered the HP on the Death Crows by 2 and their step speed from 120 to 100. The Death Crows are a Parallel Worlds joke anyway so I'm more willing to change them. I also notice there's one particular screen where the Death Crows have a habit of spawning on the player. I tried fixing this with enemy flags (37, 38, etc) but am not sure if this will do the job.

There's a chest behind a purple block in Sanskrit Temple that you can't open in your go through the level. I am getting rid of it since it seems to be misleading a lot of people. It may also make another hint much more obvious in the process.

Made a shortcut in Brace Dest more obvious.

Changed the single bomb for 10 Rupees in the Winterfall shop to 4 Arrows for 10 Rupees. There are enemies dedicated to dropping arrows but I wanted to make another convenient outlet for players who have the spare cash.

Tried fixing as many of the Flipper / NPC script interactions as possible.

I found a Heart Container in a spot I don't particularly care for, so I may be moving it (at this time I have not). This won't break any save files, but anyone who has gotten this particular Heart Container on a good karma run thus far can potentially end up with an extra later down the road. The current max for Heart Containers on a good karma run is 14, and 15 on a bad karma run. This is slightly off from the 14 and 16 I may have told players earlier.

Soul Game is not something I'm too happy about since my FFCs aren't properly being drawn over for some reason, but I do think I'm going to leave that alone for now since it's at least functional in the way I want it to be.

Edited by Teamudf, 13 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#85 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'm just poking my nose in, to say that I've been eagerly anticipating this for a long while, and Eiyuu will be taking much time away from working on my own projects; although I will of course be putting time into slated projects for others. (I will not be accepting any new requests until i finish all extant requests, and play Eiyuu at least once.)

I do need to know if Eiyuu needs more than a NES style controller (e.g. if it uses any special buttons), as if if does, then I need to order a new controller to play it. (Otherwise, I'll use a FC controller that I have handy.)

Regarding the Use of 'Prequel'

I also posted this as a comment ont he game, but I expect you may see it here first.

I wouldn't call Eiyuu a prequel, as that implies that another already-released form of media, is ahead of it in the timeline. As this is the first game that you released, and the first in the timeline, then Lost Lineage (and possible Silent Fade) would be the sequel(s), to Eiyuu when you do release it. :P

I know that you started the others first, but as this is the first released, it cant technically be a prequel. I write novels starting in the middle of timelines, with planned future era books, and planned earlier era books, but I try to avoid using any kind of label to define that. I'd rather let the reader find out, by reading. (That also limits my commitment to future works.)

I'm also a but surprised that you didn't make the title in Hiragana, with a Romanisation under it (and a translation, in subtitles, for the ignorant), on the trail. A Hiragana to Roman letters flip transition would be neat, for an effect on a future trail, IMO, but the videos were otherwise, excellent.

Anecdotes
I've been working on Destiny of the Saerosian Empire for some time (five years, IIRC), and while I have Origin, Rise, Wars, and Legacy planned, and partially complete (in various stages), i donlt consider Destiny to be a sequel to them, given their unfinished nature.

The chronology is Origin, Rise, Wars, Legacy, and then Destiny of the Saerosian Empire; with planned cross-thread books (such as Saeros: Emperor of Mankind, and the Zorian Mythos series, detailing the origin, of the Zorian Empire, the creation of the Sernarani by Gil-Daris, and the power struggle between Vardus  Meridus, leading to the Wars of Dragonblood). The original titles were 'X of The Sorcerer Kings', but I decided that might be at odds with some TSR products (Dragonlance, IIRC), so I'm nut sure if I;d use that, despite it being more ominous.

It's a rather large plan, that I hope to live long enough to complete.It's literally enough to keep me busy for the next thirty years, so perhaps if I live to see my second life (age 83), I may have the full chronology, and a complete Zoraec and Saerosian dictionary in print, to go alongside my RPG products.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 13 July 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#86 Teamudf

Teamudf

24/7

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hey Zoria,

You need the Ex3 and Ex4 buttons for Eiyuu. I use Ex1 and Ex2 for A-button menu scrolling as well, but it's not required. So you will have to at least set a couple more spaces aside for Ex3 and Ex4.

#87 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

Help I can't find my way out of the starting area! This quest sucks 0/5.

I really need to play through the final version of this again and see all that stuff you've added since I played. I'm happy I was able to be a part of the beta testing process for such an amazing game.

#88 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Air Luigi: Moosh's hint does the trick, but if you're missing a certain item that likes to have fun with eye statues, you should check the southern part of Plergoth.

2yljswm.png

Here? I don't have a clue >.> I assume that I need a later key, but... What is that face block?

Edited by Air Luigi, 13 July 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#89 Shosci

Shosci

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Air Luigi, that face block gets killed by reflected magic.

#90 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Air Luigi, that face block gets killed by reflected magic.

Ohhh... But I need a key still, to get rid of the barriers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users