HowHigh.qst -- 7/2014 update

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#331 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

mmm...! I was playing this quest a while back, at one location I entered into a dark world, was a vast and huge territory

but there was nothing in there,,, abandoned or inused places,,,,?????

was this fixed already...???? ,  more question though,, can use last build player 2.5 for this ????

thanks,,,remarks,,, this quest is incredible beatiful and... just amazing!!!!

#332 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

it isn't quite compatible with 2.5s, but you MAY be able to get all the way through with a 2.5 after YET ANOTHER update. (I seem to have made a bunch of errors in updates.) you'd want to make several save files before and during levels two and eight because that seems to be the set of places that are the least compatible with 2.5s. 1.90 is (or will be very soon) fully compatible. 1.92s work quite well. 2.1s will not work. 2.5s are mostly workable. the dark realm is much more developed and a lot has changed in a few other areas, but it is going to need at least one more fix this weekend. if anybody plays before the next update, stop at level eight until the next file is ready. I'll use the same file name so you can swap in fixes. thanks for keeping up with this old thing, guys.

Edited by trudatman, 05 July 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#333 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

here's the latest file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rlrt50

sorry I had broken so much. let me know if this one has issues.

#334 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

I have played this before but never really got too far....this time around, I have found a certain "quirkiness" about it that sets it apart from the rest.  Actually, quite an enjoyable ride.  Hats off to Trudatman (but my hat is not a Giant hat :augh:   oooooh)!!   :bounce:

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 07 July 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#335 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

thanks.

if you feel like reviewing the database entry, that'd be cool: http://www.purezc.ne...ge=quests&id=65

I have moved the text you were referring to in post 254 because I don't want to "steer" people toward it. if somebody really needs it, they can probably still find it.

#336 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Please leave it where it is now at.....thank you. ( I have edited my previous post.......)

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 07 July 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#337 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

hehe. sorry, it didn't cross my mind to tell you where I moved it to. let me know if you encounter any trouble.

#338 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

WHOA.......ok..."X" marks the spot.....I see now!!!

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 08 July 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#339 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Level 8.....I bombed that second room and was able to get the map from one of those doors but that's it......what else besides experimenting with my dynamite (don't want to lose my tnt) can I do to move beyond these 3 rooms in level 8???

#340 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

there are many entrances to that level. have you found caves/stairs on all surrounding screens?

#341 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

I have the triforce and the compass...so I found those entrances in addition to the obvious two entrances ( making 4 altogether) found).  Your help post # 82....sorry, but that is quite confusing, especially when left might not mean left and so on......even reading subsequent posts makes it difficult to find the hammer..  Thanks for any and all the help you've been able to give thus far.  Huge thank yous for making such an entertaining quest and putting in all the effort and time that you have.  Very impressive!!

Update....I found another entrance using superbombs....so I now have been in all 3 rooms in the bottom row of level 8.

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 08 July 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#342 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

What is the item in level 8 (one room above the triforce room)  snorkel???  how do I get to it...I killed all the enemies in the rooms....used all my bombs...don't want to use tnt....and then the hammer and sword are out there ...hmmmm you've got my wheels turning!!!  that's a good thing! :bounce:

I GOT THE HAMMER!!  AND THE SWORD...time to shut it down til tomorrow......

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 08 July 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#343 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

yeah, that's confusing people, for sure. you aren't supposed to be able to reach the snorkel gear. that room is a clue about the previous room. so, you've pretty much beaten the game, but there is plenty left to do, too.

thanks for playing. I'm glad you liked it. please review the quest in the database: http://www.purezc.ne...ge=quests&id=65

#344 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

snorkel gear.....deflect shield.....history!

A wee bit of poetry...Your father's a drunk, your mother's a @$%^, Your sister's insane, Your cat is a runt.  Can you afford all those rupees in the apology???  Good belly laugh!!  :bounce:

Nice hiding spot for the lens!!!

Jim Wells....thanks for the double wrap advice!!!!

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 09 July 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#345 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

yo truda", when you think this can be played on build2.50.. please let me knw or pm me,!

Just can't install older players on this computer,,, just won't work!! :arrow: :question: :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users