Balance Of Nature

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

Master Of Amy Rose Series

• Members

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

honestly, I get the crystallite flame stuff very later in the game...I didnt realize I could just walk into them to get them.

• ywkls likes this

#17 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=oJOcgPq2SS4Part 8 Brand New Sword!

#18 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

I noted a few tile and room errors in this one... flaws I thought I had fixed. I went back to my saved file and, wouldn't you know it? They were still there. So, I'm going to have to update again.

The boss of this dungeon is known as the Darknut Prince. I thought about making it where you could break the shield, but I didn't know enough about scripting to figure out how to do that. So he's just stunned by the hammer as you observed.

Level 2 sword is rather late in the dungeon progression, because... it just is. I honestly can't think of a better place to put it.

I also don't know if you realized that the Npc's say different things if you talk to them again sometimes and that they can be approached from any side.

That's it for this part. Time for the next one!

#19 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:11 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=hgwoCpJOLDMPart 9 Dungeons getting more unique

#20 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:31 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=TrJcjBGWTwwPart 10 Long walks to dungeons

#21 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

The eleventh dungeon has one of my favorite designs for the dungeons in this game, but part of me wishes I could have made it work out a little better.

I got a little lazy with the enemies here, reusing the Armos Knights rather than trying to find something new. However, the boss of this place; Phantom Ganon, was the first enemy I ever scripted myself. He's not that complicated, but it was a start.

I placed level 12 where it is before I thought about how it was situated relative to other areas. You literally have to go all the way around the world to get there.

There was also a major item upgrade in the area around level 11. I don't know if you ever went back and got it.

Onwards!

Edited by ywkls, 10 April 2016 - 07:56 AM.

#22 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:04 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=DCJqYg6Wk58Part 11 Is this Zelda or Mario?

• ywkls likes this

#23 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:28 PM

Link's Awakening had some of thpse underwater enemies as I recall... Oh and the official name for those "Buzz Blobs" is actually hardhat beetle. In the original game they were unkillable; you had to knock them off edges or avoid them. Needless to say I didn't like that.

I may need to take a look at the settings on those Piranhas again. I remember having those problems myself and I know enough about scripting now to diagnose what's wrong with them.

The wavy screen is a DMap option. Once I knew I could do it, I definitely wanted to. Didn't turnout quite as I expected, but oh well...

The boss is a poor man's version of Arghus from LTTP. Basically a Patra with a lot of eyes that hurt you for significant damage.

That super bomb shop is only a recent addition to the game. Because apparently people were wasting all of their super bombs.

As for that odd stump, I'll wait and see if you figure that out on your own.. 

#24 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:36 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=oqOUVo20dP4Part 12 This isn't Saria's Theme

#25 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

The strange, red walls of that dungeon were my attempt to create something in that tileset that looked a little more like wood. I don't really feel that I succeeded, but at least I tried.

The boss is known as King Dodongo and he was supposed to be scripted more thoroughly...but I got tired of waiting for someone else to do it and just threw together a version using an existing script. I may do another version for a later quest, now that I know how.

That ammo shop wasn't even in the game originally. I added it after someone requested it. I probably should make one somewhere else that is easier to access, but I just don't feel like it at the moment.

Now the quest for the Lens of Truth (aka the most useless item in this quest) begins!

#26 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:27 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=NfhnY0nswGAPart 13 How?.....just How?

#27 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:02 AM

Did you know? Some people actually skipped level 14 entirely. They didn't even realize it existed until they got to the Triforce check in the Temple of Seasons and realized that they were one short. I put in those two hint NPCs to make sure people would know how to find it. If you pay attention to the woman she says the key was taken west of the village while the lens is in the wasteland.

I would not invent a way to force use of the Lens of Truth until the sequel.

Those spots you can get stuck in the water... I've been trying to eliminate them for a while. My biggest problem with doing that is the fact that I don't know where all of them are. So, my apologies to SCKnuckles and anyone else who has experienced that problem.

Closing in on the end and still no Crystalline Flames. I thought for sure that once you used the Lens and save the item displayed, you'd figure out how to get them. I guess that means there will probably be at least one part devoted to collecting them and their numerous rewards.

I also noted one typo and one sentence which is unintentionally misleading. So I have to fix that. If I ever do the advance version of this game (with bosses I actually script myself) a warp system will be near the top of my list of things to work in.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but the placement of that potion was intentional. There are a few more in the game, mostly in locations where there is a strong chance that you'll need them.

Edited by ywkls, 15 April 2016 - 05:08 PM.

#28 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:12 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=5rha6aSgHuoPart 14 Gather the Flames!

• ywkls likes this

#29 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:26 AM

That dungeon is the over and under to death dungeon in my opinion.

The quest for the Crystalline Flames begins!

If you had been getting these as you went along, the big quiver would have been around level 4 and the big bomb bag around level 7. I'm not sure if I regard your complaints about backtracking as boring as entirely legitimate since if you had gotten them the first time you were in an area you wouldn't have to.

You only have two rewards left to grab, but the last one is the best. Also, it is possible to buy the biggest bomb bag without ever obtaining the one that holds sixty or the largest quiver without getting the lower level version. You can even get the largest wallet without finding the intermediate one.

I was also gratified to see you locate the Silver Arrows, albeit a bit late. Onward we go!

Edited by ywkls, 17 April 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#30 SCKnuckles

SCKnuckles

• Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:31 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=yov9vc2lDjgPart 15 Gathering More Stuff!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users