Photo

Screenshot of the Week 325

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (52 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Pabru
IPB Image
"HEY!" "Oh not now! Navi, please be quiet!" "LISTEN!"

MoscowModder
IPB Image
Hmmm... the chest or the roadblock? Which to investigate first? Gah! Can't....decide! Losing....will to go on....

linktopower
IPB Image
Link is getting ready to enter the lost woods to find the forest temple
but link is being tailed by a darknut and he don't even notice it

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

Pabru - 7/10
While I'm not a big fan of the palm tree placement or the tile error on the waterfall, the way that its detailed won you my vote.

MoscowModder
- 6/10
The palette is pretty meh and the brush structure is pretty weird. The shadowing and the ground is underdetailed.

linktopower - 6/10
Layout is alright, but what this shot is missing that would have won you my vote is detail.

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

Voted Pabru. With the exception of the inexplicable cave in the waterfall, it's pretty good.

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

This is very very good Screenshot of Week icon_smile.gif

(i voted for Pabru)

#5 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Pabru-8.5 out of 10

MoscowModder- 9.5 out 10 (voted)

myself-8.3 out 10

#6 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

I feel like I'd like MoscowModder's a lot of I could see what it is...I don't know if it's just my new monitor or the palette or what, but I can't see much of the screen at all. Pabru's palm trees bother me, but I think it's the best of the three. Linktopower, it's not terrible, but it could use a lot more ground detail.

#7 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

icon_biggrin.gif

Pabru got my vote.

#8 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

pabru ftw he get's my vote

#9 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Voted for pabru. very nice ilsand like shot. 7.5/10

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Pabru - 8/10
Looks very nice. Almost everything seems to fit together, and it certainly has a lot going on. Although it would look cooler if you could have the full cave behind the waterfall effect. My vote.

MoscowModder - 7/10
Looks pretty good. I like the subscreen too.

linktopower - 6/10
Looks good for the most part, although the ground details could use some variety in order to make it a little more interesting.

#11 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

I nulled because I honestly didn't like any of them that much...

None of them were that interesting except for Pabru's which has tile errors, open corners, walkability errors, the whole shebang...

#12 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

Pabro's Pic is my favourite one. Nice pure-shot. ^^

#13 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

Without basing this on Graphics alone, Pabru's screenshot wins. There are a lot of unique tiles in this shot, and with the inclusion of more organic shapes, that intrigues me the most.

Needless to say, Linktopower comes next. I will say that I was never a big fan of this tileset. Something is just off about it. Don't worry about that though: The only reason you didn't score higher in my book is because of what I mentioned above with Pabru. You have a lot of unique tiles, and that's good, especially when dealing with trees and bushes, but I'm not seeing as much on the ground. I'm not saying you need to butcher this by scattering rocks all over the place, no, but it could benefit from some dirt that doesn't look like cobblestone, and make some random bumps and patches.

Moscowmodder: There's not a whole lot of uniquities you can put in a screen using tiles like this, so it has to rely on other factors, like placement of what you've got. Unfortunately, I don't think this was the screen to use. The canopy shading is always a neat effect, but in this case it makes the ground look like all one solid color, instead of the grass and stray leaves I see when I look harder at it (and looking in some of the spots where light hits the floor, there's a very beautiful floor getting obscured here!) Now I know the canopy shade is important to you (after all, this is a forest), but if you want to make the screen work, you must find some way for your floor to play nice with it.

#14 Rex-Leviathan

Rex-Leviathan

Lost, Loneliness, Liberation!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

I voted for Pabru. I don't know why people say the palm tree placement is bad though. It's just the random cave tile in the waterfall that I had issues with.

#15 crazymario

crazymario

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

I voted for MoscowModder's. I like the layout, although the palette could use some work.
Pabru's shot would've been perfect if it weren't for those ugly waterfall tiles. I guess I'm just picky... icon_razz.gif
linktopower's shot was OK, but not great. I personally don't like the layout of the screen. The top half is the screen feels too symmetrical, especially with the way the trees are placed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users