Photo

Screenshot of the Week 309

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (60 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
Just look at those single-layer mountains! Look at 'em I say, look at 'em!

Lynker
IPB Image
Is this town abandoned....or stuck in time?

ZeeLiam
IPB Image

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

Voted for Molten Onyx,

Edited by Yoshidude, 25 January 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Molten Onyx:
Solid design here. The screen looks great; details are good and I like the idea of the single tile 'mountain'. (I'd call it a cliff, though. icon_razz.gif) My only complaint is that it seems like you don't get that much room to navigate, so I imagine with enemies it'd be difficult. But it's not that bad if enemy numbers were kept minimal. Even still, I'd try to open it up a bit more. Maybe be stretching out the right side a bit more. But that's me.

Lynker:
Ignoring Link this time (I have comments on him once again), I'm not entirely sure what to think. I'm a little put off by the brush on the stone paths like that. (Same with the grass) especially since the ground itself looks to be intact. To exude that feeling better, I'd make it more obvious with holes in the tilework, parts completely broken off to reveal dirt and that sort of thing. Use it near the grass and brush to show that it's creeping through the holes, and I think you'll get the feeling across. I'm also not fond of the use of the aLttP 'barriers'. (Those single tile spherical things). They weren't meant to be used like that; they're meant to have a base below it. The screen is open, which I like to see. Allowing the player a good range of motion is always good in my eyes.

ZeeLiam:
Nice to see the classic set being used like this! It looks great, but I also find it rather cluttered. I get the feeling as though way too much is going on, and I also feel that actually playing this screen would yield very little playing area. If it were opened up a bit and made a touch simpler, I think it would benefit it. But I do really like it.
Side note: Is it just me, or is the white on two of the octoroks slightly white? Or is that just a mistake in the image?

#4 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

Voted for MoltenOnyx. Great screen and beautiful detail. No complaints. 9/10
Lynkers is a pretty good screen. it's kinda boring, but it's cool looking and has a nostalgic feeing to it. 6.5/10
ZeeLiams is an awesome Classic screen. It's has so much detail on it...maybe a little to much. It's very cluttered and there's not much room to move. But other then that, great screen! 8/10

Edited by cremeens1000, 25 January 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

Oh boy, close call. MO's has amazing screen design, but ZeeLiam's almost pushing classic into an art form, so I voted for him this time.

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

Just so you guys know, i've completely changed Links sprites from here on icon_wink.gif

Molten Onyx - Love it. Just not too big of a fan of the palette. But, I love the design!

Lynker- Omg roflcomputeryayz. I know I can do better. But way better than last week.

ZeeLiam - A little crowded, but I like it. Empty it a little bit, and it'll be great icon_smile.gif

Edited by Lynker, 25 January 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#7 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

I voted for molten onyx.
It just looked the best to me. 5/5

Lynker: Didn't think there was enough detail. The dungeon pallate or tiles didn't appeal to me as well. Also, link sticks out like a sore thumb. Those tiles just don't fit in my eyes. 3/5

ZeeLiam: Too cluttered. It doesn't look like there was any good design on this screen, although I do like the modifications to the classic tileset. 2/5

#8 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

Zeeliam's screen looks better and is also more unique.

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

Molten Onyx - 8/10
Very nice. I'm not sure I agree with the stone tile pathways, but it doesn't look bad. I did look at the single layer mountains, and I like how you worked with them.

Lynker - 7/10
I'm not as bothered by the color theme as some others, but that link doesn't seem to fit in with the style of the rest of the screen. The design itself looks good. Simple, but not too simple.

ZeeLiam - 8/10
One of the best classic screens I have seen. This is very good use of space, well detailed, and without a sacrifice in functionality. I wouldn't say it's too cluttered, since what might appear to be too cluttered are not the walkable parts. I voted for the classic shot this time, as something of this quality is very hard to pull off in classic.

#10 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Wow, this really makes me feel awesome. Thanks guys. icon_biggrin.gif

I nulled, of course.

Lynker: Sorry, the palette is not my thing. The forest stuff doesn't make much sense when it's in a city either. icon_shrug.gif

Liam: First off, I absolutely hate it. However, I think that your space management is brilliant. But I just hate it. It's still amazing, but too restricting for me in particular. Hope that made sense. icon_razz.gif

#11 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Molten Onyx won my vote; it was the most appealing to the eye in my opinion.

#12 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

Molten Onyx: 7/10 - Great picture, made with a good great tilkeset. *vote*

Lynker: 6/10 - Wow, that looks really good, but it is a bit colorless.

ZeeLiam: 7/10 - One of the best classic-shots, I have ever seen. The problem is, I'm not a fan of the classic-tileset.

#13 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

Molten Onyx has won my vote, your argument is invalid.

It is the most "eye pleasing" to look at.

#14 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

i like all of them but i voted for lynker because it seams the most original

#15 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

I voted for Molten Onyx. It reminds me of Relic's work, which is really nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users