Photo

Screenshot of the Week 136

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 136 (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 136

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:11 PM

Dekadx2
user posted image

Dragonboy (/M/)
user posted image
A random shot just to get SoTW started.

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Bomb arrows?!

Rex Zemenheart
user posted image
Yes, this is a custom boss using freeform combos. Yes, the wasp creature is custom. No, it is not currently functioning icon_sweat.gif

Sorry about the delay. Forgot about this

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:06 PM

Dekadx2: Classic graphics are one thing... Awkwardly-used classic graphics are another. icon_confused.gif
/M/: Nice! I live the composition of it in general. It feels complete, if that what I think I'm trying to imply... Anyway, the only thing that irks me is that the grass used beneath the tree makes the tree look average-size, however the houses look tiny in comparison with the tree. I suppose its a proportion sort of thing. Good work, though.
Mighty Darknut: I dunno... There seem to be a whole lot of solid colors on there. As always, I appreciate the custom tilework, though.
Rex Zemenheart: The grass works really well in there, the colors are acceptible, and the idea is a good one. Good luck on getting the boss to function. icon_smile.gif *votes*

#3 Zenetra

Zenetra

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

Difficult to make custom bosses,and pretty cool too......
Rex gets my vote
____________ \ / _____________
( _________ \ \ / / ___________ )
(___________ ( 0 0 ) ____________)
( )
( )
/( )\
_ / ( ) \ _
\ / ( ) \/
^ ( ) ^
( )

#4 Zenetra

Zenetra

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:52 PM

Woah!
the picture above did not turn out right!?!?!
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

its supposed to be a dragonfly

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:59 AM

Zentra, please don't double post. Use the edit button instead, kay?

#6 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:34 AM

voted for dragonboy - only one with a creative area

#7 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:35 AM

Dragon Boy. No offense to the rest, but that's the only one that stands out.

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:45 AM

Rex for the win: That's anice custom boss screen and the subscreen is very good as well.

Dragonboy's shot is good as well, but it lacks detail.

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:03 AM

I went for Dragonboy, its the only one that appealed to me. Sure Rex has an awesome custom boss,but apparently, its the only thing carrying that screen along. The rest of the screen sucks compared to the boss. So in essence, it doesn't get my vote. I'm looking for overall composition and good use of tiles.

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

Dekadx2 - Even offshoots of the classic look deserve a winning chance, but the color choices in this screenshot don't make sense to me.

/M/ - A decent looking screenshot with a lot of style evenly distributed all over the screen. I am not a fan of those particular kinds of buildings, though. Good effort, though.

Mighty Darknut - An interesting piece of work. I do like the touches on the left and right ends of the subscreen portion. Good effort as well.

Rex Zemenheart - I find this screenshot to be the most appealing. The custom boss is well done, and it fits in with the rest of the screen.

#11 speeddeamon

speeddeamon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:18 AM

Dragonboy's shot for the win. That tileset looks great!

#12 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

Dekadx2 - Ugly. The coloring in general, especially the style of the grass, is horrible. The one redeeming factor is the pool of water on the center of the far right side of the screen, but even that needs work. My advice, tone down the amount of purple and stick with blue, and fix that grass.

Dragonboy - The problems with the cliff corners (having a brown boarder) turn me off from this shot. The buildings have a "cake layer" effect to them, which works fine for the shorter ones, but the taller ones suffer. There's a decoloring on the tall building near the top of the screen, to the left of the door.

Mighty Darknut - The combination of graphics you have just don't work well together. Moreover, the perspective of the walls is screwed up.

Rex Zemenheart - Now this is more like it. The graphics look great here, although there is a slight problem with the grass near two of the places dirt has been dug up. The grass sort of looks like it is moss, but a quick change of the black to a dull brownish green should fix that. Finally, the wasp looks like it has a rat's head (and has only two legs when it should have six, but that's more of a technicality). Those issues aside, I voted here.

#13 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Banned

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:09 PM

Wow. I have more than one vote =D

Dekadx2:
This is a "whay pettle" moment. As Nicklegends said, you have some very awkward colors. This is just my opinion, but when you use the classic set, you should edit it as little as possible, ot not at all. Most modifications to the classic set are tacky, or just flat out ugly. I'm not talking about you directly, I mean as a whole. That "grass" is horrible. There is an awkward blue outline in the lower mountain tiles. Better luck next time icon_wink.gif

/M/:
Nice, but you can't see your cool transparent water. The only thing I don't like is the BS grass. It sticks out with it's bright green, and; since I'm not a fan of the BS grass, it's ugliness. The other greens are darker, and subtle. I'd suggest making it to match.

Mighty Darknut:
This quest certainly looks interesting. The walls to have a bit of a perspective issue though. I'm sure you're aware, but where the walls come to a corner, shouldn't the vertical grooves line up with the diagonal line? Other than that, nice, but I gotta ask, how are you pulling off bomb-arrows 0.o?

Good show this week icon_smile.gif

#14 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

/M/ (Still can't get used to that...), you get my vote. That reminds me of a real deal city. Your shot = A very creative idea.

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:15 PM

Rex by leaps and bounds. It's colorful, has a great subscreen, the tiles all blend together very well, and the grid seems to disappear. Quite detailed, too, and none of the tiles look bad. Although I disagree with the choice to outline the grass borders... Anyway, Rex, this is great, but make sure you actually get the custom boss working, as it'll be no use if we never see it in play. icon_razz.gif

Dragonboy's is nice, but I'm getting really tired of those Pure mountains and houses (albeit edited for Sun Tower). They don't seem to be the best match for multi-story houses.

Dekadx2: Er... what IS that?...

Mighty Darknut's may use new tiles, but they are so closely modelled after the old tiles that they end up looking pretty nondescript. The details he added may say "futuristic," but my brain looks at it and says "boring cave."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users