Expo Preparations

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 20 April 2023 - 12:31 PM

Consider this a pre Expo announcement announcement, I am working on getting a few things in order for the Expo. I would like to have 3 quests to show off.

I will definitely be featuring The Hylian Lament, which will have a one dungeon demo. It's a rerelease of dungeon 1.
So, what's different about this? The boss has been completely revamped, and I am teasing the story. I've actually already set up the boss as well as the pre boss and post boss cutscene.
The last plan is a post dungeon cutscene. After that, I will..... actually be done with this preparation.

The second quest I will be featuring is The Hylian Ascent, which I want to have a two dungeon demo for.
The goal is to have this be much like The Hylian Lament demo which means unique bosses and story teasing.
I'll leave this a bit of a mystery.

The last thing I want to show off, is the only one I haven't started yet.
I started building an ugly map like 6 years ago for a quest I called Despair of the Demon King.
I have changed the name for this iteration, but I will hold onto the name for now.

Spoiler

This is the map I am referring to, and the intent here, is to take my better understanding of how to design screens and maps, and use it with this layout as a base.
I would also like to include Level 1, Lon Lon Ranch for this.

Stay tuned. I'm not sure if I will finish all three, but it's certainly doable since THL is almost ready as it is, and THA just needs one dungeon and some cutscenes.
A lot of this being finished depends on my work schedule and how much time I spend on it each day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users