THREE CRESTS, 2022 DEMO II
ZC 2.55 a111/112 (November 3 2022 build) or higher!
I wasn't going to release a second demo so soon after the first one released in April, but the progress this project has taken since that release has meant it's become a very different quest. Most of it has been quality of life improvements or area reworks, but there is also a lot of new content in here as well.
What makes up this demo's content?
- Two thirds of playable overworld
- SEVEN mini-dungeons
- Non-linear gameplay. Once you get the sword, you can go straight to the end of the demo if you desire.
- Z4/GB enemies - courtesy of Mitchfork's Crucible Crest/PoRC engine.
- Reworked areas from the April demo - Glen Village and the Undershrine dungeon have been totally rebuilt from the ground up.
- Expanded overworld - the mountain ranges of West Merrel are cold, foreboding and calling your name.
- Reworked subscreens and overworld map - the overworld map functions like the map in the Gameboy games (thanks again Mitch!), while the new subscreens are much more pleasing to the eye.
- Odd seashells - these currently do nothing as of this demo, but collect as many as you can and brag about it to your friends!
- Other, less interesting things - stuff like scripts, sprite updates, etc.
Aslion, jwex001, Mitchfork, Sheik
Akkabus, Lightwulf, Ether, accela2me, Orithan, Taco Chopper, nickbush24, Sheik
scripting + scripting advice:
Aslion, Mitchfork, Moosh, ywkls, Emily
Alucard648, Avaro, Mani Kanina, Saffith
Aslion, aroten, jwex001, hubydweyer, Mitchfork, Sheik, Shane, Ether, Deathrider365
To everyone who's contributed to this project so far, be it in the form of feedback, testing, scripting, graphics, you name it - thank you very much. I wouldn't be releasing this demo right now if the community around me wasn't as supportive and constructive as you all are.
Additionally, this demo wouldn't exist without Deathrider365 asking me about the gameplay time of the first demo - it took me two months to get the demo to him, whoops. He streamed a playthrough of the demo yesterday, with myself on special comments:
Finally, please let me know if there's any bugs I've missed, or if there's any feedback you'd like to give!
Edited by Taco Chopper, 10 December 2022 - 07:28 AM.