Something Different, 2.55 Demo Version

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Junior

• Members

Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

A new demo is out, but this one is a little different from the previous. This one is specifically developed in Zelda Classic 2.55, to take advantage of some of the new features and improvements.

The most recent version tested in is 2.55 Alpha Build 47

Right now, the only change is using the 2.55 enemy defenses. For one, this means double damage weakness are now a feature, rather than the workaround where most defenses were 1/2, which was bad for odd-damage weapons.

However, there are more damage types than before. Sword Beam damage is now considered a magical attack, meaning some weapons will now be able to hit ghosts or do extra damage to enemies with "high defense", but will do less damage to enemies with "magic resistance". There are several new damage types: Water, Wind, Lightning, Melee, and Heavy Melee. Some enemies may take 1/2 or double damage from some of these damage types, so play around a little. Also, weapons that can stun some enemies should be working much better now.

The next 2.55 feature I'll likely implement is having some enemies shoot weapons with different sprites than normal.

As this is the first demo with these changes, it is likely some enemies will need small adjustments to HP and Exp yield, and some weapons may not be doing the intended damage type, and will be changed later.

I do want some feedback on this demo soon though, specifically, do you want all future updates to be in 2.55 to continue using these improvements, or just stick to 2.53 and occasionally make 2.55 versions? It takes time to set up all the damage type and defense changes, which is why I can't ensure a 2.55 version of every 2.53 update. Once I know which version I should be maintaining I can continue adding more areas, weapons, and maybe get to replacing those placeholder bosses. Thanks.
  • aranche and Lordkronos like this

#2 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

A new demo is out, but this one is a little different from the previous. This one is specifically developed in Zelda Classic 2.55, to take advantage of some of the new features and improvements.

The most recent version tested in is 2.55 Alpha Build 47

Right now, the only change is using the 2.55 enemy defenses. For one, this means double damage weakness are now a feature, rather than the workaround where most defenses were 1/2, which was bad for odd-damage weapons.

However, there are more damage types than before. Sword Beam damage is now considered a magical attack, meaning some weapons will now be able to hit ghosts or do extra damage to enemies with "high defense", but will do less damage to enemies with "magic resistance". There are several new damage types: Water, Wind, Lightning, Melee, and Heavy Melee. Some enemies may take 1/2 or double damage from some of these damage types, so play around a little. Also, weapons that can stun some enemies should be working much better now.

The next 2.55 feature I'll likely implement is having some enemies shoot weapons with different sprites than normal.

As this is the first demo with these changes, it is likely some enemies will need small adjustments to HP and Exp yield, and some weapons may not be doing the intended damage type, and will be changed later.

I do want some feedback on this demo soon though, specifically, do you want all future updates to be in 2.55 to continue using these improvements, or just stick to 2.53 and occasionally make 2.55 versions? It takes time to set up all the damage type and defense changes, which is why I can't ensure a 2.55 version of every 2.53 update. Once I know which version I should be maintaining I can continue adding more areas, weapons, and maybe get to replacing those placeholder bosses. Thanks.

Lets see maybe i will loock on this Version :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users