Official Announcement

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

We're almost done with this project. Expect a release either late this year, or early next year!
  • nicklegends, judasrising, The Satellite and 9 others like this

#2 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

I am looking forward to it :bounce:

• Evan20000 likes this

#3 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:12 PM

Glad to hear. There's only a little bit left to do on our end before we ship it out to the testers.

Also it features 3 difficulty modes, so hopefully there's something for everybody.

#4 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

About how long is a playthrough of the quest going to take?

#5 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

Longer than Eiyuu and Umbral Cloud.

Not nearly as long as Isle of Rebirth.

We don't really have a solid estimate yet until we see testers go through it, since it's obviously much faster when you know where everything is.

#6 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

I might give this a chance even after getting really dissapointed with Umbral Cloud.

Edited by Norzan, 20 November 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#7 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

I might give this a chance even after getting really dissapointed with Umbral Cloud.

In all honesty, a lot of the things you disliked about UC are present here too, so it may not be your thing and that's okay. The areas themselves are definitely a lot more fleshed out though, with having 2 people working on it and all.

#8 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

So bosses who can have a chain of attacks that you can't dodge because of your current position? Ugh. Okay, i may still give it a try, but i'll probably refrain from making a review if it's going to be the same thing.

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

So bosses who can have a chain of attacks that you can't dodge because of your current position?

If this was the norm for you in Umbral Cloud, consider playing on Normal/Easy mode? Not even meaning this as a "Git gud" comment, you should play at whatever difficulty feels fair to you, don't feel pressured into not having fun. Also this quest does have potions since I recall that was a complaint in your Umbral Cloud review.

• Evan20000 likes this

#10 CDi-Fails

CDi-Fails

Initiate

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

This is what we've been waiting for, Evan-- this is the big one! Really looking forward to it, but you probably know that by now :P

• Evan20000 likes this

#11 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:12 PM

Lowering the difficulty doesn't change the fact that depending on your current position and a certain combo of attacks you will get hit regardless of your reaction time. There was several times in Umbral Cloud i would see the attack coming but because of my current position i couldn't dodge because there wasn't enough space for me to dodge and Link wasn't fast enough. I don't care about the damage (even though the gap damage between Standard and Stronger was rather large), i just want to be able to dodge attacks regardless of my current position and not being unable to dodge from my current position even though i saw the attack coming. I do like that the quest has potions, i though not having them in Umbral Cloud was a terrible decision.

I think i'll stop with the negativity, gets tiring after a while. 

Edited by Norzan, 20 November 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#12 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:36 PM

And let`s not forget that bonus bosses can just do outright unfair attacks. For instance, Crazy Frogger and his lightning attacks. 1-2 frames - and Link is zapped by lightning for 1/4*MaxHP in damage plus literally blinding wave effect, without any warning. And this on Normal mode. Add *4 multiplier in Hard mode.

I would like for late-game bosses to ONE-HIT-KILL Link on higher difficulty modes. Complete with bloody mess ala LsiCV.

Edited by Alucard648, 20 November 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#13 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:54 AM

Looks great.  Two great designers, Can't wait to play it! :D

• Evan20000 likes this

#14 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

I haven't played nearly as many quests as I'd like, but I'd like to give this one a try. Perhaps I can make it to the Daahku Woruldo.

• Evan20000 likes this

#15 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:41 AM

im looking forward to this, maybe i'll do a lets play of it at some point

• Evan20000 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users