The Stealth Dungeon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

I was planning on making a stealth dungeon where ffc's move around the screen. You know, without going on the walls. But I don't know how to exactly do this. These FFC's could be spotlights but normally I was going to make it so goriya's with lines of sight (meaning when you step where the goriya is facing you get caught).

The main question is: Is this all possible? Or should I just make them spotlights?

Edited by Joelmacool12, 01 November 2015 - 12:41 PM.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

You better not use spotlights if it's an interior dungeon, but otherwise it would be cool. As for the goriyas, you could make them stationary and use combo cycling to change the direction they are facing. Then use combo cycling on their line of sight on the floor tiles to turn them into warp tiles. Make sure the warp combos look exactly like the normal floor combos.

• Joelmacool likes this

#3 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Yes, Zelda 4 has a similar dungeon, but without the spotlights being attached to enemies.  If you modify ywkls' mobile warps code from my topic of the same name, attaching them to goriya's should be possible.

• Joelmacool likes this

#4 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:24 PM

There was another topic a while back that I contributed to which had guards, although it also incorporated the idea of the Stone Mask. If you didn't want to go to the trouble of having that, then you'd just need the guard code. I have a version for stationary guards and Saffith developed one for roving guards. (Which I posted a modified version of in that other topic.) Anyway, here's the code for the roving guards, which seems to be what you wanted.

Modified Roving Guards

I should note on this code that the function for turning the guards into enemies doesn't work precisely the way that you think it would. As far as I can tell, if one guard sees you; even if it is supposed to be stationary it turns into an enemy.

If you don't care about the guards following routes laid down by flags or turning into enemies, then the mobile warps would probably be the way to go.

• Joelmacool likes this

#5 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

It should be noted that the major advantage to the mobile warps method is that it allows a lights off/on approach.  That was my reason for using it.

• Joelmacool likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users