Photo

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (*-*COMPLETED*-*)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime

MetroidPrimebox.jpg

Genre: First-Person Adventure

Released on the Nintendo Gamecube in 2002

Developed by Retro Studios

Description:

Metroid Prime is a 2002 First-Person Adventure game developed by Retro Studios for the Nintendo Gamecube released in 2002. Metroid Prime the first of the three-part Prime storyline, which takes place between the original Metroid and Metroid II: Return of Samus. Like previous games in the series, Metroid Prime has a science fiction setting in which players control the bounty hunter Samus Aran. The story follows Samus as she battles the Space Pirates and their biological experiments on the planet Tallon IV.

To be honest, I wasn't too hyped for this game when they made the announcement mainly because of the first-person shooter (adventure) aspect. I felt it was something that didn't belong to the Metroid series. At the time, I was debating between getting Metroid Prime or Phantasy Star Online which was also being hyped during the time. I was more interested in playing an RPG game because of my love for games such as Final Fantasy, and I was interested in trying a brand new title. It was a difficult decision, but due to brand loyalty, I eventually went with Metroid Prime. Also, wasn't Phantasy Star online never released on the Gamecube after??? Either way, I made the best decision because this game literally blew me away! Any level of doubt I had for this game simply just went away and I suddenly found myself a new addiction. I was absolutely in love with this game, and today it still remains to be my favorite Metroid Game of all time and my favorite Gamecube game and my favorite game from the 6th console generation. I cannot express how much I truly love this game!

Streams & LP Information:

Right now at the moment, I am not streaming this game. The entire playthrough has already been streamed and recorded. But I'll soon be moving to the harder difficulty. I forget the name of it. Hardcore? Either way, I'll be playing this on Hardcore mode around the same time I'll be playing Ninja Gaiden Black on Master Ninja mode... I think I just like punishing myself or something. Either way, I'll be uploading a video every 2 days since I'll be going back and forward between this game and Ninja Gaiden when it comes to sharing the videos. I will announce in this topic some time when I am going to start streaming this game in it's harder difficulty. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 15 November 2015 - 02:27 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (01 - Space Frigate Orpheon, Tallon Overworld)

(Duration 21:27)

Description:

"So yeah, this game is.... marvelous! One of my favorite games of all time! I like this game more than I like Super Metroid! This game is wonderful! This game is so good! I can't express how much I love this game! This... this... this wonderful game! I'm going to be praising this game up for the rest of this stream! I'm not even going to be talking about anything else, I'm just going to say "this wonderful game" at least 3000 times! No.. lol" - NJF

(I seem to be very confused on whether or not I'm going to read scans or not. One minute I say I won't be reading scans, then for the rest of the game I'm reading nearly every scan... Well, the necessary ones at least... lol!)

"Look at that beautiful beast! lol" - NJF

Samus tracks an unidentified distress beacon to a derelict space vessel in orbit above Tallon IV. This space vessel turns out to be a Space Pirate Frigate named Orpheon, where experiments involving mutation are involved. Apparently an experimental specimen got out of hand and created chaos and destruction within the Frigate. Samus fights his way through the remaining injured pirates who considers Samus a major enemy and a threat after the incident on Planet Zebes. Samus ends up fighting and destroying the experimental specimen who is revealed to be the Parasite Queen. After destroying the Parasite Queen, Samus evacuates, only to discover a reborn Ridley in a new robotic exoskeleton. Samus chases Ridley to Tallon IV, but loses him. Samus, now in Tallon overworld, heads for Chozo Ruins to find clues that will lead her to her arch nemesis and learn more about this mysterious planet. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:31 PM.

#3 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

The number one GameCube game! I'm going to enjoy this. :)
  • TheLegend_njf likes this

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (02 - Chozo Ruins part 1)

(Duration 26:31)

Description:

"*gets hit by laser* Don't care... *gets hit by another laser* Don't care... *falls into acid* Don't care..." - NJF

"*Falls into acid in another room* Don't care..." - NJF

Samus explores the ancient ruins of the Chozo collecting the gifts that they left behind that will help Samus recover her lost abilities. 

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:03 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (03 - Chozo Ruins part 2)

(Duration 26:46)

Description:

"Yeah, the platforming in this game, I have to admit is simply amazing for... *falls off a platform* Aaaaugh!!! I screwed up!!" - NJF

(Defeated flaahgra with ease!)

Samus finds herself deep within the ruins of the Chozo and recovers yet another item she lost in the frigate. With the morph ball bomb, Samus is now able to explore the smaller crevices of this world. This leads her to the source of the poison in this land, Flaahgra. Flaaghra is a tough creature, and is the first true boss of this game. (Unless you call the Parasite Queen the 1st true boss). Samus takes out Flaahgra and earns the Varia Suit. Now with a suit that can protect her against intense heat, Samus can enter Magmoor Caverns. 

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:01 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (04 - Magmoor Caverns)

(Duration 15:34)

Description:

"Yeah! It makes me wonder, it says they're hunters, but for what need... for what reason are they hunting when their only attack is suicide? Are they just like the trolls... like are... *grabbed by enemy* ah shoot! Are they like the... this planet's biggest trolls? Like "Hahaha!!!! I hunt you! I HUNT YOU!!! I'M GONNA DIE!! BUT YOU'RE GONNA DIE TOO!!!!! HAHA!! HAHA!!!!" - NJF discusses scan revealing Puffers to be hunters 

Samus reaches Magmoor Caverns, an underground cavern that links together all the regions of Tallon IV. Samus must get through Magmoor Caverns to reach Phendrana Drifts where she will find an item that will be valuable to her mission.

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (05 - Phendrana Drifts part 1)

(Duration 14:16)

Description:

"Crystal Lite, Kool Aid for adults" - Lejesr

Samus takes her first trip into Phandrana Drifts. Full of creatures that have adapted to it's permanently frozen climate, Samus must herself survive this frozen domain before she herself becomes a frozen relic herself. Samus eventually finds a Boost Ball, a technique that will allow her to boost up half pipes. Her suit directs her to a location of a significant half pipe that Samus has seen before. Samus leaves Phendrana Drifts to check out that location. 

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:00 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (06 - Getting the Space Jump Boots)

(Duration 13:32)

Description:

"You got the Roc's Feather! ... Oh wait this is Metroid right?" - Demonlink14 

Samus returns to Tallon Overworld through a passage in Magmoor Caverns to find the half pipe that she has previously seen in which her suit has brought to her attention. She uses her new Boost Ball technique to ride up the Half Pipe. Here she finds a secret passage that leads to the Space Jump Boots. She takes the passage through Magmoor Caverns again to return to Phendrana Drifts and explore the region further with her newly found ability. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 June 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (07 - Phendrana Drifts part 2)

(Duration 18:32)

Description:

"Here comes Big Mama! She's Angry!" - Demonlink14

Samus earns the Wave Beam after defeating the mighty Sheegoth, Phendrana Drift's ultimate predator. She uses the Wave Beam to reach the Space Pirate Research Facility. What secrets are Samus' arch enemies hiding in this remote base hidden deep within Phendrana Drifts. 

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (08 - Space Pirate Research Facility part 1)

(Duration 17:01)

Description:

Samus infiltrates the Space Pirate Research Facility and learns about the horrible experiments happening on this planet. The Space Pirates are using a chemical called Phazon to genetically mutate creatures and themselves for the purpose of obtaining a greater military force. Samus discovers that Metroids are also being studied here. She will likely confront them soon. 

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (09 - Space Pirate Research Facility part 2)

(Duration 18:54)

Description:

"Shit..... What am I doing? ..... *mumbles* Augh!! ..... WHAT.. EVER!!! ..... But the camera is... Luh!!! is fucked... Can I just jump up... errr... what the hell? Why am I finding this so hard? ... Get up that.. over the.. THE FUCKING THING!! ..... UGH!! UUUGHHH!!!! What am I doing?! ..... Can I just walk?.. Okay.. There you go.. Uh! UH!! ... Why am I? ... ok... ok... k.. good.. I can do it now, I got this far.. There ya go!" - NJF

Samus discovers a Metroid within the Space Pirate Research Facility. She also learns more about the project involving reconstructing Ridley into the cybernetic Meta Ridley. Deep within the facility, Samus obtains the Thermal Visor which she can now use to see in dark locations or find hidden heat sources. Conveniently, the entire facility goes dark. Now Samus must use her newly acquired visor to escape the facility. 

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (10 - Space Pirate Research Facility part 3)

(Duration 17:33)

Description:

(Defeats Thardus in style!)

Samus escapes the Space Pirate Research Facility now equipped with Super Bombs and a Thermal Visor. She uses her new abilities to reach a room filled with rocks. It turns out however that it is not a pile of rocks but a creature who instantly engages a battle with Samus upon her arrival. This creature composed by pure rock, animated by the mysterious power of phazon attacks Samus aggressively. However, Samus is able to reveal the Phazon peices within the the essential stone pieces of Thardus and destroy all the Phazon that gives this creature life. Samus moves on to an elevator that returns her to Magmoor Caverns. 

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (11 - Getting the Ice Beam part 1)

(Duration 18:20)

Description:

"For what other creature other than Samus would this technology be good for? Exactly who was this technology built for? Ha.. The door has been granted, Fantastic! Now... You're going through a lava path that's cooled to go to the other end where there is a computer who ha... I guess you'll need technology to scan... You get that puzzle? You go in there, scan something, come back there, scan something, come back there, scan something, all while you are in a morph ball with a time limit. Who on earth was this technology built for other than Samus herself? Jeeze, The fuckin' Mole People or wha?! I dunno" - NJF

Now that Tharus is defeated, and the Space Pirate forces dominating the Phendrana Drift crippled, Samus has eliminated the threats to this region of Tallon IV. Samus returns to Magmoor Caverns which serves as a shortcut back to Chozo Ruins where Samus will eventually find the Ice Beam as indicated by her suit's readings. 

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (12 - Getting the Ice Beam part 2)

(Duration 16:23)

Description:

Moosh64: Did you set Moosh as a swear? :P
Avvatro: lol
Moosh64: Glorious
Moosh64: Never change that

"Sonic pinball was bad enough! Why is it when video games have characters that can turn into spheres of some form that we have to make a pinball game out of em?! Why is Samus and Sonic turned into pinball games?!?" - NJF

"Samus bowl included in Metroid Prime in 2002 for the Gamecube! Do not miss this game.. for Samus bowling!" - NJF

Exploring the deeper chambers of Chozo Ruins, Samus finds the new upgrade she was seeking. The Ice Beam has the ability to freeze enemies in their place and has since throughout her lifetime been effective against Metroids. Samus will surely put this beam to great use in this quest. 

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

NJF Plays Metroid Prime (13 - Getting the Gravity Suit part 1)

(Duration 11:14)

Description:

Now with the Ice Beam, Samus returns to Tallon Overworld using a shortcut that leads to the ruines of the Space Pirate Frigate that she explored earlier. She takes this shortcut back to her ship and heads back to Magmoor Caverns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users