• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

As of making this thread, the quest project has just opened, so welcome to my "new" quest project, the Legend of Amy Rose 3! (When I say "new", I actually mean this has been in the making since January :P)

This is the discussion thread of AR3. Feel free to ask any questions about the quest, make some comments or give some suggestions. I'll try to respond to everyone.

Edited by Eddy, 21 March 2015 - 10:14 AM.

• Shane, Jared, SyrianBallaS and 1 other like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

"and with the power of the chaos emeralds, the path to Veran will be open."
That sounds a bit cheesy to me, because of how unoriginal it seems. xD Why exactly are the emeralds needed?

I'm liking where this quest is going though. OoA is a great game with a great world so I'm happy to see it being reused to make something new out of it.
  • Eddy and David like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

"and with the power of the chaos emeralds, the path to Veran will be open."
That sounds a bit cheesy to me, because of how unoriginal it seems. xD Why exactly are the emeralds needed?

Well like I said in the description, everything will be explained in the actual quest, I don't want to reveal TOO much :P All I will say is that the chaos emeralds play an important part in the story.

Either way, thanks!

Edited by Eddy, 21 March 2015 - 11:39 AM.

• Avaro and David like this

#4 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Don't know if this is possible, but it would be pretty cool to have a hyper/super Amy that drains your rupees like the plague.

I think it could be done as a scripted naryu's love with modified graphics (golden?, sprite modification) that constantly drains magic or rupees but damages enemies as well.

Or better yet, a modified cane of bryna that has a barrier.

Edited by GhostKnight22, 21 March 2015 - 01:40 PM.

• Eddy likes this

#5 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

That first idea sounds pretty cool, though I dunno how I would go around to script something like that. I might consider it though.

As for the Cane of Byrna idea, that could work. Just need to make the sprites for it and bam, it is done.

#6 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

How big are you planning for it to be? (In terms of amount of dungeons and overworlds)

• Eddy likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

How big are you planning for it to be? (In terms of amount of dungeons and overworlds)

I'm planning this quest to have 8 main dungeons with one final dungeon. I'll be having 2 overworlds (one in the present, another in the past). I'll also be having mini-dungeons but I'm currently uncertain on how many of these I want.

• Matthew likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:47 PM

It's about time you made a project page for this quest Eddy. It looks really good, I have never seen EZGBZ used this amazing and accurate in a long time. It also looks fun too.

Can't wait to see it completed!

• Eddy likes this

#9 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

Kinda cliche in the sonic series but would be cool in ZC, a Super Amy battle in space! lol

• Eddy likes this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:07 AM

It's about time you made a project page for this quest Eddy. It looks really good, I have never seen EZGBZ used this amazing and accurate in a long time. It also looks fun too.

Can't wait to see it completed!

Thanks a lot man! That means a lot to me :D

Kinda cliche in the sonic series but would be cool in ZC, a Super Amy battle in space! lol

This sounds interesting, I'll probably implement this near the end of the quest for now.

#11 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

I think it would be really cool if you made some puzzles with the two time lines. Such as. Having to push a plant in the past so in the future you can climb it.

• Eddy and SyrianBallaS like this

#12 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Yeah kinda like in oracle of ages, I wonder if an ingame clock is possible for sidequests.

Edited by GhostKnight22, 24 March 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#13 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

I think it would be really cool if you made some puzzles with the two time lines. Such as. Having to push a plant in the past so in the future you can climb it.

I got some things planned for this already. I'm also planning one dungeon to be completely based around time travel, so that's going to be interesting to make.

#14 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:41 AM

You made a typo in one of your screenshots. It's Labrynna, Eddy. Clearly, you need to get spell check m8.

By the way, you should have a portion of your quest where you change the Present Goron's outlook on life and outsiders via helping the Past Gorons. The present counterparts in turn will allow you access to a dungeon. Just a thought is all.

• Eddy likes this

#15 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

You made a typo in one of your screenshots. It's Labrynna, Eddy. Clearly, you need to get spell check m8.

I made a comment on this already on one of the screenshots. I'll get an updated one later on lol.

As for your second point:

By the way, you should have a portion of your quest where you change the Present Goron's outlook on life and outsiders via helping the Past Gorons. The present counterparts in turn will allow you access to a dungeon. Just a thought is all.

This could work though I dunno if it might be a bit too much to make. I'll see what I can do though but for now I dunno. Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users